Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

13 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I have a significant interest in Buddhism myself

In that case it's a must see for you. Lots of Buddhism history is involved (don't know how accurate, but still really interesting). Made me browse Wikipedia for an hour after I was done with the movie.  

1 hour ago, Matt! said:

In that case it's a must see for you. Lots of Buddhism history is involved (don't know how accurate, but still really interesting). Made me browse Wikipedia for an hour after I was done with the movie.  

did you like it?

4 minutes ago, Matt! said:

I've seen it before years ago, but I'd say that the IMDB rating https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120102/ reflects my opinion as well.  

I am familiar with a few things about Tibetan Buddhism:

- The Dali Lama's involvement in scientific studies and studies of meditation masters (brain scans) at colleges in the USA

- his book on Happiness, which has some personal accounts. I don't believe that he ever mentioned this tutor.

-Tibetan book of the Dead and Tibetan book of Living and Dying.  I also listened to Sogyal Rinpoche's dharma course on dying.  

Tibetan culture is supposed to be remarkably advanced in certain spiritual senses.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jkjk said:

^  I saw it, too. I enjoyed it but I don't have the same expectations for DC movies that I have for Marvel movies.

Margot Robbie was brilliant as Harley Quinn! The movie was better than expected, however it's doing very poorly on box office so we better pray they will green light the sequel..

DC is what it is. Saw a trailer of new WW (1984), which looked promising though.  

4 minutes ago, Matt! said:

Saw a trailer of new WW (1984), which looked promising though.  

I am optimistic for that one. To me, Wonder Woman is clearly the best of the DCEU. I'm hoping they get it right again, and I generally enjoy movies with jokes/references about the '80s.

1 minute ago, jkjk said:

am optimistic for that one. To me, Wonder Woman is clearly the best of the DCEU.

Agreed, based on trailer it looked really good. Not sure if bringing back Steve Trevor is the right call, but we'll see. Hopefully it can live up to the expectations set by the first movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...