Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

3 hours ago, Matt! said:

^^ Was it any good @VS19? I really like Naomi :wub:

It was kind of a mixed bag.  I thought that Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska were great as the angels.  They did a great job, I thought, of capturing that kind of light-heartedness that the Cameron Diaz movies from back in the early 2000s had going for them while trying to make them a slight bit more serious for the modern audience that wants that with their spy films.  If you're a fan of Naomi, then you'll be glad to know that the film primarily centers around her character, as she more or less drives the plot forward.  I thought Kristen Stewart was fantastic.  She's really funny in this, which was surprising.  What really holds it back is the direction and the script.  It's pretty easy to figure out what the twists are going to be, and the movie beats its audience over the head far too much with its message, rather than simply letting the film organically try to put that message out there. 

It's a shame that there probably won't be a sequel.  I would love to see the three main actresses come back for another one, although perhaps with different filmmakers behind the camera. 

Thank you for the analysis @VS19 :smile:

Kristen Stewart being funny? I didn't even know she could smile, she's like a Hollywood version of Isabella Mathers. :Angel: All jokes aside, Imma watch this one just because of Naomi. I'll get back to you after watching it.

160203182545-bitch-face-full-169.thumb.jpg.48f63447142b581a4e451789d89b2279.jpg59842112_100996107802347_848026311238822447_n.thumb.jpg.a6374247a147d2bd3c92da8f6f306ff8.jpg

1 minute ago, Matt! said:

Thank you for the analysis @VS19 :smile:

Kristen Stewart being funny? I didn't even know she could smile, she's like a Hollywood version of Isabella Mathers. :Angel: All jokes aside, Imma watch this one just because of Naomi. I'll get back to you after watching it.

You'll get to see her smile in this one.  :D  I'd like to see her do more of this kind of work, although with better material, as I'm a big fan of hers, but it was good to see her break out of what is no doubt her usual style of acting. 

Could have used more of Patrick Stewart as well.  He's clearly having fun here. 

8 minutes ago, jkjk said:

The first movie I liked Kristen in was American Ultra. It changed my perception of her.

I liked her in that one as well.  I think she does a pretty good job of working off of Jesse Eisenberg, as I was a fan of Adventureland as well. 

• 2 weeks later...