Bellazon

Models from the Eighties

nanook351

• 3 weeks later...

Not specifically 80's related, but everyone here seems to know the business really well, so I'll ask it here. Why is it next to impossible to find inseam measurements for models? Legginess is a huge factor in a model's attractiveness. Take two girls who are both 5' 10", for instance. Other things being equal, who's hotter: the one with a 32" inseam (like me, lol), or the one with a 35" inseam?

I agree with you. I mentioned on her thread that Paulina Porizkova's legs were short in proportion of her body and someone there got angry. But she has a very striking face so noone sems to care. And I never saw her in poses like Ashley Richardson's who has one of the longest pair of legs.

because leg length has nothing to do with the way women's clothes are made. also most agencies lie about models heights. They make editorial looking models taller and commercial models shorter if they are above 5'10.5". Inseam length varies but for the most part you can tell how tall a model is by their inseam length. Therefore, they don't use inseam length. Its also why a lot of agencies don't put a model's dress or shoe size. I mean if you see a tall model with a real small foot size it usually is suspicious. Dress sizes give away real hip sizes. A model shouldn't have hips bigger than 35" unless they are completely commercial. A lot of Asian models have longer torsos than legs but it doesn't stop them from doing runway. Long legs are refereed but if you 5'11" it really doesn't matter you leg are long regardless. Commercial models they don't care as long as she looks proportioned. Paulina may have shorter looking legs but it doesn't look abnormal. She is pretty and has a good body. Therefore, she can sell products.