Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

21 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Whatever it is , I hope we get pix from the filming :)

Would love that but isn't PTA very uhm - secretive? Never really paid attention to his movies let alone the sets to be honest 😅

1 hour ago, LuckyGirl said:

cause I know Leo chooses his projects carefully so ofc the adaptation is very good, I trust his choices😘

That's actually my hope too. I'm also glad it's not Scorsese again (sry Marty).

Jade

The films of PTA that I've seen are :  Boogie Nights (Mark Wahlberg did when Leo opted to do Titanic )   There Will Be Blood & Phantom Thread ( his two films with DDL) ,  Magnolia (Tom Cruise ) ,  Inherent Vice (Joaquin Phoenix ) , and  his recent Licorice Pizza  in which the rumor was that Leo was going to do the cameo role that Brad Cooper did in the film, but Leo's scheduling didn't allow him to do it. 

Also on the movie forums the rumor was that Joaquin was going to be the male costar opposite Leo in the film , but , if accurate, I guess Joaquin's schedule didn't allow him to :idk: 

@oxford25 I watched Magnolia (thought it was weird especially the ending), The Master (didn't hate it but it's nothing I would re watch mostly because of the unpleasant topic) and I tried to watch the Pizza movie but turned it off after 30 minutes of boredom. It's the first time I'm really afraid I won't like Leos next movie because PTA gives me absolutely nothing.

The only thing I'm excited about is viewing Leo under someones direction for the first time. That's kinda thrilling. I like to see Leo trying new things the way he did with DLU (which I liked much more than KOTFM sry).

Jade

Oops I realize  I saw Master as well.  As to Magnolia viewing what sticks in my memory are the frogs falling from the sky :p .  I guess at this point only  favorite film of his was There Will Be Blood.  As to Licorice , personally, I couldn't see what all the raves last year were about . 

As long time fans we've heard that Leo has wanted to work with PTA ever since he had to pass on Boogie, so I'm sure he is happy about that he now will have :) 

41 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Also on the movie forums the rumor was that Joaquin was going to be the male costar opposite Leo in the film , but , if accurate, I guess Joaquin's schedule didn't allow him to :idk: 

I would prefer the Viggo Mortensen rumors much more but I'm afraid Sean Penn (thought this mans career was over for christ sake) is playing this part since they're around the same age. If true that's a first massive downgrade.

I also would have preferred Viggo. Loved him as Aragorn 😊

I read somewhere that there would be a big ensemble of actors. I think it's strange we stilll don't even have the name of the movie. The Vineland plot does sound strange but I'm sure if Leo chose this then it will be good.

Can't wait for the frst set pics of Leo

59 minutes ago, akatosh said:

I also would have preferred Viggo. Loved him as Aragorn 😊

I liked him in Captain Fantastic, Thirteen Lives and Eastern Promises. He was pretty amazing in The Road too but that sh!t is too dark for me 🙈

But my all time favorite is A PERFECT MURDER. If you haven't watched I highly recommend. Brilliant thriller, many twists, great cast.

(JamieR)__APerfectMurder(1).thumb.jpg.10f8889f7bda6b617252089e1505325a.jpg

Tumblr_l_1143467040526848.thumb.gif.157d6fe9325c6ac01b80eff5332fc03c.gif Tumblr_l_1142115910237152.thumb.gif.a99e3578c5f87e86ac856456c58e970b.gif

Supposedly video  of them filming scenes for PTA film yesterday 

Also, there has supposedly been a sighting of Leo in town

As you can tell this Twitter account believes for  the film is based on Vineland

9 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Supposedly video  of them filming scenes for PTA film yesterday 

As you can tell this Twitter account believes for  the film is based on Vineland

Still waiting for those hippies....

Tumblr_l_1157481526467529.thumb.gif.be65a3a791bb6ad8795ca1acf35fa64d.gif

Lord this movie is already making me nervous 😄

If he attended the oscars without being nominated just as Lilys supportive +1 I swear the world would collapse. Best free pr ever. Just sayin. 😙 

Screenshot_20240125-233137_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4d526a171ca6f24fc3d18d44c788afa2.jpg

It's also a bit different than 1998 I think. He's much more mature now (mostly *cough) and he cares about KOTFM and the highly important message of it like he cares for Marty and Lily and DeNiro. And even though he might cared for Kate back then he never felt that amount of commitment to Titanic nor James Cameron let's be real.

5 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

If he attended the oscars without being nominated just as Lilys supportive +1 I swear the world would collapse. Best free pr ever. Just sayin. 😙 

Screenshot_20240125-233137_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4d526a171ca6f24fc3d18d44c788afa2.jpg

It's also a bit different than 1998 I think. He's much more mature now (mostly *cough) and he cares about KOTFM and the highly important message of it like he cares for Marty and Lily and DeNiro. And even though he might cared for Kate back then he never felt that amount of commitment to Titanic nor James Cameron let's be real.

I have a feeling he might attend too, let's hope he presents best picture😊

10 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

According to the comments Vitto is also in Eureka.

Screenshot_20240125-234730_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a49ca4e11214a13f3f1090400e98e7a1.jpg Screenshot_20240125-234756_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c90f667d213cc882dad0c2484b5d109f.jpg

Just posting because it's gorgeous.

Screenshot_20240125-234805_Instagram.thumb.jpg.9c15c178da1b08d030d46a79f311d606.jpg

Is this the same Archimedes "Eureka"? Nice name for a city. I don't think Leo will attend the Oscars, of course I would love to see him there, but I have this feeling he won't.

6 hours ago, LuckyGirl said:

I have a feeling he might attend too, let's hope he presents best picture😊

Why should he present best picture? Aren't the winners of the year before mostly the presenters or is that only in the actors categories?

@Pami If I hear Eureka I have to think about the tv show. Not that I ever watched it LOL

market_sd.jpg

However it's a town in North California where PTA is shooting his new movie with Leo... which is hopefully not Vineland because apparently the story of the book set also place in Eureka.