Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

5 hours ago, akatosh said:

At first I thought he wasn't attending but then there he was looking handsome as ever😍 He skipped the red carpet and at the start of then show when the Leo dates young girls joke was told yet again he wasn't there.

Too bad we didn't get any pics from the red carpet.

It seems like Hollywood is running out of jokes lately. As usual, I'm not even shocked they didn't win anything. Tks for the pics girls, he looks gorgeous! 

5 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

I finally got permission to show pictures of my niece’s stepmother. Her name is Marilyn. 😊 

IMG_2401.thumb.jpeg.b25c47d6cf5e016e527239156a16c790.jpeg

IMG_2400.thumb.jpeg.92a2e7c3918fece5e36183c787d933a0.jpeg

Lovely pics.♥️

Martys last attempt to get Leo that goddamn oscar nom 😄 It's kinda ironic though he worked the most with Leo but was never able to make Leo win the oscar... and probably never will.

Martin Scorsese Says Leonardo DiCaprio is “One of the Greatest Actors in the History of Movies”

Whenever the topic of Leonardo DiCaprio’s acting talents comes into conversation, it’s either he’s overrated or underrated, there’s no in-between. I’m sure that debate will continue on …

And yet, DiCaprio has turned into an iconic American actor, one who never plays it safe, and always goes for risky, adventurous fare. I’ll admit that he’s been miscast in some films, but, when given the right role, he’s mesmerizing to behold.

Forget about the star power, or good looks, for a second. There’s no doubt in my mind that DiCaprio is one of the most talented actors of his generation. However, is he one of the greatest ever? Time will tell.

Martin Scorsese doesn’t believe in waiting, he is flat-out saying, in a just-leaked speech he gave at the NBR awards, that DiCaprio is most definitely an all-timer:

He couldn’t make it here tonight for a really good reason … He’s right in the center doing prep for Paul Thomas Anderson’s new film […] So in 23 years, we made six pictures together now… I have faith in him. I know I can depend on him. His immersion in the process of the person who’s trying to play within the story is full. His fearlessness is something which has given me life when I make a film.

I think this kind of really a times, maddening moment to search for what might be the truth of every character he plays. You know, he’s a genius in terms of cinema really is, and you could see it in the face. You could see it not only through the eyes, but he has the face of cinema. He doesn’t have to say a word. It’s all there. You could see it in all his films that he’s made going from ‘This Boy Life’ to the ‘Gilbert Grape’ picture, which was wonderful, all the way through the extraordinary ‘The Revenant.'”

By the time we did ‘Aviator’ and ‘Departed,’ I felt a kind of resurgence of my own certain resurgence of my own energy, really, and in many ways, ‘Killers of the Flower Moon‘ is a culmination of all that work together. All the way up to the end when he’s at the witness stand. I knew I could just hold the camera on him and not cut away because I knew he would convey everything that was at that decisive moment. And we did one take, and I was moved on set, and that was it. One take, so I see him digging deeper into the corners of a human experience that many of us really can’t even bear to even acknowledge the weakness and the delusions of this guy in the film. You hate him but you tend to also love him … all the contradictions of what it is to be human. I really know he’s one of the truly one of the greatest actors in the history of movies. I thank him for everything.

Scorsese saying DiCaprio is an all-timer means he believes that the actor belongs up there with the likes of Brando, Olivier, De Niro, Pacino, Day-Lewis, Nicholson, Bogart …

That’s quite the statement from Scorsese, who has worked with DiCaprio on six movies, so far. It’s also not that surprising given that Scorsese keeps going back to working with DiCaprio. He sees something in him and it’s resulted in one of the more seminal actor/director partnerships in cinema.

DiCaprio has been Oscar-nominated six times, and he’s won once (“The Revenant” in 2016). For years, cinephiles were shunning off DiCaprio due to his handsome good looks and the fandom he acquired because of “Titanic.” And yet, the years have been very kind to DiCaprio, in fact, he may be one of the very last old-school leads left in Hollywood.

PTA’s New Film “Likely” A 2025 Release

A few more notes about Paul Thomas Anderson’s next film, which is revving to begin production on January 22. All hands on deck for what will surely be a much-followed film, more details to come this week …

Mark Bridges will not be costume designer on this film because of scheduling conflicts. This is the first time in 25 years that he won’t be working with PTA. They wanted to start shooting this film last summer, but the strikes put his entire schedule in flux.

Also, Deadline’s Pete Hammond is reporting that PTA’s, still untitled, film is going to be in production in several locations around the country, and that it is likely going to be released in 2025. It’s said to be a 3-4 month shoot. So we’re looking at a production wrap, the latest, in May.

9 hours ago, akatosh said:

No win for Lily and Leo😭

Critics_Choice_2024-01-15_03.thumb.jpg.78fc3691ac0e92f15212d0c042c0fc58.jpg

So is this meaning she's the Colin Farrell of the season (winning every small critic award but none of the major ones except Globe) and it's GONY all over again (lots of nominations but zero wins)? God that would be suck big times especially when the freaking comedy section barley wins in the history of oscars 😭

It's all about Murphy/Giamatti and Emma/Lily now I think. Everyone else is just "lucky" to get that oscar nom.

Still there are people who think Murphy/Giamatti will split their votes and make Leo win when he's struggling to get even nominated. But like always I appreciate the never ending fan ambitions lol

1*VeKmFj0oiJJ6nmizTqhkUA.gif

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

Martys last attempt to get Leo that goddamn oscar nom 😄 It's kinda ironic though he worked the most with Leo but was never able to make Leo win the oscar... and probably never will.

Martin Scorsese Says Leonardo DiCaprio is “One of the Greatest Actors in the History of Movies”

Whenever the topic of Leonardo DiCaprio’s acting talents comes into conversation, it’s either he’s overrated or underrated, there’s no in-between. I’m sure that debate will continue on …

And yet, DiCaprio has turned into an iconic American actor, one who never plays it safe, and always goes for risky, adventurous fare. I’ll admit that he’s been miscast in some films, but, when given the right role, he’s mesmerizing to behold.

Forget about the star power, or good looks, for a second. There’s no doubt in my mind that DiCaprio is one of the most talented actors of his generation. However, is he one of the greatest ever? Time will tell.

Martin Scorsese doesn’t believe in waiting, he is flat-out saying, in a just-leaked speech he gave at the NBR awards, that DiCaprio is most definitely an all-timer:

He couldn’t make it here tonight for a really good reason … He’s right in the center doing prep for Paul Thomas Anderson’s new film […] So in 23 years, we made six pictures together now… I have faith in him. I know I can depend on him. His immersion in the process of the person who’s trying to play within the story is full. His fearlessness is something which has given me life when I make a film.

I think this kind of really a times, maddening moment to search for what might be the truth of every character he plays. You know, he’s a genius in terms of cinema really is, and you could see it in the face. You could see it not only through the eyes, but he has the face of cinema. He doesn’t have to say a word. It’s all there. You could see it in all his films that he’s made going from ‘This Boy Life’ to the ‘Gilbert Grape’ picture, which was wonderful, all the way through the extraordinary ‘The Revenant.'”

By the time we did ‘Aviator’ and ‘Departed,’ I felt a kind of resurgence of my own certain resurgence of my own energy, really, and in many ways, ‘Killers of the Flower Moon‘ is a culmination of all that work together. All the way up to the end when he’s at the witness stand. I knew I could just hold the camera on him and not cut away because I knew he would convey everything that was at that decisive moment. And we did one take, and I was moved on set, and that was it. One take, so I see him digging deeper into the corners of a human experience that many of us really can’t even bear to even acknowledge the weakness and the delusions of this guy in the film. You hate him but you tend to also love him … all the contradictions of what it is to be human. I really know he’s one of the truly one of the greatest actors in the history of movies. I thank him for everything.

Scorsese saying DiCaprio is an all-timer means he believes that the actor belongs up there with the likes of Brando, Olivier, De Niro, Pacino, Day-Lewis, Nicholson, Bogart …

That’s quite the statement from Scorsese, who has worked with DiCaprio on six movies, so far. It’s also not that surprising given that Scorsese keeps going back to working with DiCaprio. He sees something in him and it’s resulted in one of the more seminal actor/director partnerships in cinema.

DiCaprio has been Oscar-nominated six times, and he’s won once (“The Revenant” in 2016). For years, cinephiles were shunning off DiCaprio due to his handsome good looks and the fandom he acquired because of “Titanic.” And yet, the years have been very kind to DiCaprio, in fact, he may be one of the very last old-school leads left in Hollywood.

I sooo loved reading this! It feels refreshing and this is what I believe too. Leo is one of a kind, a merge of good looks, star power and talent! You don't see it that often.

I already gave up on my Oscar dreams this year, boring as hell, so predictable.🤣