Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leonardo DiCaprio, Killers of the Flower Moon

“I am honored by this Golden Globe nomination, standing alongside such remarkable performers. I am grateful for the opportunity to reunite with the incomparable Martin Scorsese and legendary Robert De Niro and am thankful for this entire cast and crew.  

The experience of collaborating with Lily Gladstone has been truly extraordinary.  She is the soul of our film and helped to bring this sinister and painful part of our nation's history to life. 

This nomination is a reflection of a collaboration—a reminder of the transformative power that emerges from telling meaningful stories. Thank you to the Golden Globe voters for this recognition and acknowledging the tireless dedication of this entire team.”

https://www.eonline.com/news/1391140/jennifer-lawrence-emma-stone-and-more-stars-react-to-2024-golden-globe-awards-nominations

IndieWire Critics Poll Topped by ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’

8E662E07-E542-4395-9F20-56428618B23F.jpe

Here is yet another list that’s topped by Martin Scorsese’s late-career statement, “Killers of the Flower Moon.” It’s turned into the most acclaimed film of the year by appearing in the most year-end top 10 lists.

IndieWire polled 158 critics and asked them to submit their picks for the best films of 2023. I decided to abstain in participating this year since it was just too early for me to come up with my ten best films.

Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” topped the poll, followed by Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer,” Yorgos Lanthimos’ “Poor Things” Celine Song’s “Past Lives” and Todd Haynes’ “May December.”

IndieWire will eventually release the top 50 results. For now, the top 10 for Film, Director and Performance —

BEST FILM

1. “Killers of the Flower Moon”
2. “Oppenheimer”
3. “Poor Things”
4. “Past Lives”
5. “May December”
6. “The Zone of Interest”
7. “Anatomy of A Fall”
8. “Barbie”
9. “The Holdovers”
10. “Asteroid City”

BEST DIRECTOR

1. Martin Scorsese, “Killers of the Flower Moon”
2. Christopher Nolan, “Oppenheimer”
3. Jonathan Glazer, “The Zone of Interest”
4. Yorgos Lanthimos, “Poor Things”
5. Todd Haynes, “May December”
6. Greta Gerwig, “Barbie”
7. Celine Song, “Past Lives”
8. Wes Anderson, “Asteroid City”
9. Justine Triet, “Anatomy of a Fall”
10. Albert Serra, “Pacifiction”

BEST PERFORMANCE

1. Emma Stone, “Poor Things”
2. Lily Gladstone, “Killers of the Flower Moon”
3. Sandra Hüller, “Anatomy of a Fall”
4. Cillian Murphy, “Oppenheimer”
5. Charles Melton, “May December”
6. Paul Giamatti, “The Holdovers”
7. Ryan Gosling, “Barbie”
8. Andrew Scott, “All of Us Strangers”
9. TIE: Greta Lee, “Past Lives”; Jeffrey Wright, “American Fiction”
10. TIE: Glenn Howerton, “BlackBerry”; Benoit Magimel, “Pacifiction”; Koji Yakusho, “Perfect Days”; Franz Rogowski, “Passages”

BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM

1. “Anatomy of a Fall”
2. “The Zone of Interest”
3. “The Boy and the Heron”
4. “Perfect Days”
5. “Fallen Leaves”
6. “The Taste of Things”
7. “Pacifiction”
8. “Godzilla Minus One”
9. “Afire”
10. “The Eight Mountains”

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

1. “Oppenheimer”
2. “Poor Things”
3. “Killers of the Flower Moon”
4. “The Zone of Interest”
5. “All Dirt Roads Taste of Salt”
6. “Barbie”
7. “Pacifiction”
8. “El Conde”
9. “Godland”
10. “John Wick: Chapter Four”

BEST SCREENPLAY

1. “May December”
2. “Past Lives”
3. “Anatomy of a Fall”
4. “The Holdovers”
5. “American Fiction”
6. “Killers of the Flower Moon”
7. “Poor Things”
8. “Oppenheimer”
9. TIE: “Barbie”/”The Zone of Interest”
10. “Asteroid City”

BEST DOCUMENTARY

1. “Kokomo City”
2. “Menus-Plaisirs: Les Troisgros”
3. “20 Days in Mariupol”
4. “De Humani Corporis Fabrica”
5. TIE: “Four Daughters”/”The Eternal Memory”
6. “Our Body”
7. “Beyond Utopia”
8. “A Still Small Voice”
9. “The Mission”
10. “Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie”

They just can't keep their hands off each other: 🤭

A new Leo project is mentioned but he wasn't allowed to talk about it:

Breaking Baz: Playful Leonardo DiCaprio Joins ‘Killers Of The Flower Moon’ Co-Star Lily Gladstone In London – And Cate Blanchett Came Too

EXCLUSIVE: Leonardo DiCaprio was in a playful mood when he and Lily Gladstone, his co-star in Martin Scorsese’s disturbingly thrilling American history lesson Killers of the Flower Moon, were at the center of a small gathering at the Odeon Luxe in London’s Leicester Square.

DiCaprio ridiculed a suggestion that players for English Premier League teams were better athletes than U.S. basketball players. “Better than Michael Jordan?” he scoffed. “The greatest basketball player ever!”

Grinning, he conceded that he doesn’t follow soccer teams. “What’s Arsenal?” he demanded, going for the jugular. Sport wasn’t really on the agenda but it usually helps to encourage banter at these events.

DiCaprio and Gladstone were in the West End Monday night for an awards screening of Killers of the Flower Moon. DiCaprio’s friend, Cate Blanchett, was also in attendance, ready to introduce the actors at the screening.

“We didn’t get to talk or promote for the longest time because of the strike,” Leo said. “We’re making up for lost time,” he added.

They were off to Paris on Tuesday. “Short visits. In, then out,” Leo explained.

The Oscar winner has made six films with Scorsese: Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island, The Wolf of Wall Street, and now Apple Studios picture, Killers of the Flower Moon.

Does he figure he’ll do another movie with Scorsese?

His eyes widened. “This one took seven years of development and production. It would be great but any film takes time to develop. There’s rights to get right. We went up for this a couple of times.”

Well then, what’s his next project? “I have one but I don’t think I’m allowed to discuss it. I want to but I don’t think I’m allowed. I would love to give you a scoop, but I can’t,” he pleaded sheepishly.

Now, 1,101 actors and filmmakers have given me the exact same lament over the years but, hey, this was Leonardo DiCaprio being utterly charming and giving naught away.

We were having a laugh, though.

The fact that he was even exchanging banter, was in itself an occurrence rarer than hen’s teeth.

There can never be substantial conversations at such occasions but even having him take the piss out of my sporting favorites brightened up what could have been a dull Monday night.

His good cheer had something to do with the seven  Golden Globe Awards nominations Killers of the Flower Moon had received earlier in the day, including both he and Gladstone being cited for their performances.

Full disclosure: I’m a Golden Globe Awards voter, one of 300 from 75 countries.

I should note that I did not have as much as a sip of water at the reception. Zero. Nothing. Not even a humble peanut. Wait. There weren’t any peanuts. Nothing to eat at all, actually. But plenty of booze and plenty of water. I had none of it.

Bit extreme. But there are practical reasons for not indulging at these soirées but now’s not the time.

I have thought about Lily Gladstone a lot since we met at Cannes where Killers of the Flower Moon had its world premiere.

At the heart of the movie is a love story of Ernest Burkhart, a blundering bounder who, with an unfriendly shove from his malevolent uncle, played by Robert DeNiro, woos Gladstone’s Mollie, because as a member of the Osage Nation, she’s heir to oil rights under Osage County in Oklahoma. 

Even though Mollie’s hurled through hell, Gladstone gave her a calmness that’s utterly beguiling.

Gladstone said she remembers watching the film at Cannes and seeing members of the Osage community up on the screen riding around in their finest clothes in swanky cars. And hearing the score from Robbie Roberson, who died in August, was poignant because “my dad was a huge fan.”

The important point though, she noted, was that “Native people are really proud. We’re very clean, we’re well conducted, we have a regality about our tradition and our ways that people just don’t realize.

“Seeing Indian wealth represented on screen with Robbie Robertson’s score over the top of it was like, this is real. This is happening. This is the way it should be  and I got emotional because it’s like, it should have stayed that way.”

Upcoming, after next March when awards season’s over, Gladstone has a movie project in development and she’s executive producing, plus  a television drama, but, alas, “I can’t talk about them.”

But she was able to share details about a beloved project concerning a biopic of Mildred Bailey. Another example “of excellent Natives through history that we don’t ever see.”

A film about Bailey, ”the first woman to sing in front of a big band, she got Bing Crosby’s career going, and she gave a job to Billie Holiday’s mom when Billie was trying to break through,” is being developed with Erica Tremblay (Reservation Dogs), who directed Gladstone in the feature, Fancy Dance.

“A lot of people say Mildred Bailey was Billie Holiday before Billie Holiday was, and she sang in this very similar style,” Gladstone revealed.

Bailey’s singing, Gladstone noted, was “actually very influenced by where she grew up. She’s from Coeur d’Alene people from Idaho.”

During World War II, Bailey was a radio fixture. ”She had everybody on her radio show, she was a big deal at the time, but history erased her.”

Bailey was mixed Coeur d’Alene and Scandinavian but her record labels didn’t know how to present her. ”They tried to label her the Great White jazz singer and when she pushed back on that then they started writing about her as a Black jazz singer, and she’s like, neither,” Gladstone says.

“So they clearly erased her Indigeneity while she was famous and then since she passed away she got erased from history,”  Gladstone sighed.

The Mildred Bailey film’s way off in the future, she and Tremblay are focussing on getting Fancy Dance sold. 

Mildred Bailey’s turn will come though. Already Gladstone’s linked up with Stella Heath, an actor and singer who’s acting as her vocal coach and guide to all things concerning Mildred Bailey. ”She has the whole arsenal of Mildred’s history,” she said admiringly.  

Turning, Gladstone looked over at Leo. “I’m so happy for him,” she beamed.

https://deadline.com/2023/12/leonardo-dicaprio-lily-gladstone-london-screening-killers-of-the-flower-moon-1235662842/

Just 2 queens no biggie 👑

Also Lily leading by miles :thumbsup:

Lead Actress/Performance rewarded by critics so far

Lily Gladstone – Killers of the Flower Moon (AFCC, BSFC, NBR, NYFCC, WAFCA)

Lily Gladstone – The Unknown Country (Gotham)

Sandra Hüller – Anatomy of a Fall (LAFCA)

Sandra Hüller – The Zone of Interest (LAFCA)

Emma Stone – Poor Things (LAFCA, MMCG)

The males.

Lead Actor/Performance rewarded so far by critics

Paul Giamatti – The Holdovers (BSFC, MMCG, NBR)

Cillian Murphy – Oppenheimer (AFCC, WAFCA)

Franz Rogowski – Passages (NYFCC)

Jeffrey Wright – American Fiction (MMCG)

Justin Chang & Glenn Whipp debrief on the LAFCA voting this year:

CHANG: I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that our shutout of the roundly admired “Killers of the Flower Moon” had something to do with the fact that it had already won best picture from our fine colleagues in the New York Film Critics Circle. We sometimes do align with our East Coast counterparts (this year, we all agreed on Randolph, “Menus-Plaisirs,” and “The Boy and the Heron”), but in general, I’d say LAFCA runs cooler on late-career Scorsese than the NYFCC does. Scorsese was one of our New Generation winners too, way back in 1976, a year when he would have been a more-than-respectable best director choice for “Taxi Driver.” He went on to win our best picture prizes for “Raging Bull” (1980) and “Goodfellas” (1990), but since then, zilch. (And now I’m having flashbacks, Glenn, to you and me and not very many others pushing 2016’s “Silence,” his greatest film of the 21st century, in every category we could.)

All that being said, the strength of support for Gladstone in both the leading and supporting categories—and we specifically voted on lead performance first, to make sure that she and other actors weren’t being classified as supporting by default—speaks to the depths of the group’s admiration for her performance, even if other actors ultimately drew more support in the voting. It’s possible too that after we chose Gladstone as best supporting actress for her heartbreakingly great performance in Kelly Reichardt’s “Certain Women” (2016), LAFCA simply wanted to award someone new.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2023-12-11/what-went-down-at-that-lafca-vote-as-told-by-two-voters

Happy to see Leo does have another definite film project lined up

Well then, what’s his next project? “I have one but I don’t think I’m allowed to discuss it. I want to but I don’t think I’m allowed. I would love to give you a scoop, but I can’t,” he pleaded sheepishly.

Now, 1,101 actors and filmmakers have given me the exact same lament over the years but, hey, this was Leonardo DiCaprio being utterly charming and giving naught away.

Akatosh & Jade

Tks for latest news , pix, and vids from London :flower: :flower: 

Another win for KOTFM :thumbsup:

THREE FILMS WIN THREE HONORS EACH AT 2023 CHICAGO FILM CRITICS ASSOCIATION HONORS

killers-of-the-flower-moon-mag-rollout-5

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, OPPENHEIMER and MAY DECEMBER each earn trio of awards; THE ZONE OF INTEREST named Best Foreign Language Film

Chicago, IL (December 12, 2023) — The Chicago Film Critics Association (CFCA) today announces their 2023 award winners. Claiming the organization’s top honor as Best Picture of the year is KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON, directed by Martin Scorsese. The film also earns awards for Best Adapted Screenplay (Eric Roth & Martin Scorsese) and Best Original Score (Robbie Robertson).

BEST PICTURE: Killers of the Flower Moon
BEST DIRECTOR: Christopher Nolan, Oppenheimer
BEST ACTOR: Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers
BEST ACTRESS: Emma Stone, Poor Things
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Charles Melton, May December
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: May December by Samy Burch
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: Killers of the Flower Moon by Eric Roth & Martin Scorsese
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE: The Boy and the Heron
BEST DOCUMENTARY: Kokomo City
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: The Zone of Interest
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Oppenheimer, Hoyte Van Hoytema
BEST EDITING: Oppenheimer, Jennifer Lame
BEST ART DIRECTION/PRODUCTION DESIGN: Barbie
BEST COSTUME DESIGN: Poor Things, Holly Waddington
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE: Killers of the Flower Moon, Robbie Robertson
BEST USE OF VISUAL EFFECTS: Godzilla Minus One
MOST PROMISING PERFORMER: Charles Melton, May December
MILOS STEHLIK AWARD FOR BREAKTHROUGH FILMMAKER: Celine Song, Past Lives

https://chicagofilmcritics.org/

Las Vegas Film Critics Society (LVFCS) Nominations: ‘Barbie,’ ‘Oppenheimer’ Lead

Best Picture

Barbie
The Killer
Killers of the Flower Moon
Maestro
Oppenheimer

Best Adapted Screenplay

Cord Jefferson, American Fiction
Kelly Fremon Craig, Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.
Eric Roth and Martin Scorsese, Killers of the Flower Moon
Christopher Nolan, Oppenheimer
Tony McNamara, Poor Things

Best Cinematography

Maestro
Napoleon
Oppenheimer
Saltburn

Best Art Direction

Asteroid City
Barbie
Oppenheimer
Poor Things

Best Score

The Killer
Oppenheimer
Society of the Snow
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Best Ensemble

Barbie
The Color Purple
Oppenheimer
Saltburn

Winners will announced today.

The 2023 Phoenix Critics Circle (PCC) Nominations

The Phoenix Critics Circle (PCC) have announced their nominations representing the best in film for 2023. The winners will be announced on December 15th, 2023. Here are this year’s nominees…

BEST PICTURE
THE HOLDOVERS
KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON
OPPENHEIMER
PAST LIVES
POOR THINGS
THE ZONE OF INTEREST

BEST ACTOR
BRADLEY COOPER – MAESTRO
LEONARDO DICAPRIO – KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON
PAUL GIAMATTI – THE HOLDOVERS
BARRY KEOGHAN – SALTBURN
CILLIAN MURPHY – OPPENHEIMER
JEFFREY WRIGHT – AMERICAN FICTION

BEST ACTRESS
LILY GLADSTONE – KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON
SANDRA HÜLLER – ANATOMY OF A FALL
GRETA LEE – PAST LIVES
NATALIE PORTMAN – MAY DECEMBER
MARGOT ROBBIE – BARBIE
EMMA STONE – POOR THINGS

BEST DIRECTOR
GRETA GERWIG – BARBIE
JONATHAN GLAZER – THE ZONE OF INTEREST
YORGOS LANTHIMOS – POOR THINGS
CHRISTOPHER NOLAN – OPPENHEIMER
MARTIN SCORSESE – KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON
CELINE SONG – PAST LIVES

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
HOYTE VAN HOYTEMA – OPPENHEIMER
MATTHEW LIBATIQUE – MAESTRO
RODRIGO PRIETO – BARBIE
RODRIGO PRIETO – KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON
ROBBIE RYAN – POOR THINGS
LUKASZ ZAL – THE ZONE OF INTEREST

BEST SCORE
JERSKIN FENDRIX – POOR THINGS
LUDWIG GÖRANSSON – OPPENHEIMER
MICA LEVI – THE ZONE OF INTEREST
DANIEL PEMBERTON – SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE
ROBBIE ROBERTSON – KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON

https://nextbestpicture.com/the-2023-phoenix-critics-circle-pcc-nominations/

55 minutes ago, akatosh said:

In an interview from e news with Leo she already talked about this project and that she had Leo's immense support for it. Maybe he is producing this?

oh yeah. I’ll have to go back and watch that interview but they both alluded to him working with her on it.