Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

15 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

This was my issue with the movie as well. I understand why Leo played Ernest in the way he did wanting to get at the struggle and the duality of a human character, but it just wasn’t true to the actual Ernest.

Even worse. Now everyone who saw the movie thinks "better" of him than that prick ever deserved. God lord I thought he's just disgusting from beginning to end and I have no clue how someone can have any empathy or pity with him or thinks he really loved that poor woman for one second in his miserable life 🤣 If this is how "love" looks like then yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes :shocking:

Spoiler

I hope he died very lonely and in very much pain in his stupid trailer.

I'm still somewhere in the middle of the book 😆 Now I ordered the Britney book so maybe Killers have to wait yet again. So far the book hasn't really "grabbed" me. All this talking about Tom White and his past and the FBI and how he went from here to there just to not solve the case like all the others before him. I don't have the patient for it. It's like reading a circle. It kinda bores me. Maybe it's just me - again LOL

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

I'm still somewhere in the middle of the book 😆 Now I ordered the Britney book so maybe Killers have to wait yet again. So far the book hasn't really "grabbed" me. All this talking about Tom White and his past and the FBI and how he went from here to there just to not solve the case like all the others before him. I don't have the patient for it. It's like reading a circle. It kinda bores me. Maybe it's just me - again LOL

It’s not just you. The book is very dry and boring. 😄

Late to the  movie viewing party, but I wanted to wait to I had a chance to see the movie ....

I very much enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing it be a big player in the upcoming award season that is IF there is one :idk: 

Big THANKS   to all who have kept us updated on all things KOTFM ,as well, as Leo sighting in NY :flower: :flower: :flower: 

I have a question for those who have seen the movie, but have not read the book. Were you able to understand what headrights  are and the significance of how they started the Reign of Terror? Both my niece and aunt do not think the movie explained this. I thought it did, but I also went into the movie with a good understanding of them and how they work.

26 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

I have a question for those who have seen the movie, but have not read the book. Were you able to understand what headrights  are and the significance of how they started the Reign of Terror? Both my niece and aunt do not think the movie explained this. I thought it did, but I also went into the movie with a good understanding of them and how they work.

Somewhat Sugarwater, but I was already kinda familiar with headrights before seeing the film.  

Leonardo DiCaprio’s Former Assistant Reveals How The Actor Treats His Employees

Leonardo DiCaprio may be one of Hollywood's most famous men but he's an expert at keeping his private life hidden. We have gotten occasional peeks into his relationships through paparazzi photos and infrequent interviews but perhaps the biggest clue about what DiCaprio is really like comes from someone who worked closely with him at the height of his career — his assistant.

Leonardo DiCaprio's former assistant has opened up about working with the actor.

Kasi Brown was DiCapro’s assistant back in 2003 when he was filming for “The Aviator” and quit after the shooting wrapped up. She got the job from her friend who had been DiCaprio's assistant during the shooting of 2002's "Catch Me If You Can." Brown got the chance to bond with everyone during the shooting of "Catch Me If You Can" and became DiCaprio's assistant when her friend moved on to other projects. Since then,

Brown has had nothing but nice things to say about DiCaprio.

"Leo and I always had fun on set," Brown told Huffington Post in 2016, explaining the two would often goof around on the set while imitating accents. Their relationship was filled with humor and the two joked around often. She also revealed a joke the two had between them on numerous accounts.

"Sometimes, I would pretend that he was the stereotype of an entitled celebrity," Brown said. "And when he would ask me to do something, I would bow and in a beaten-down voice say, 'Yes, sir, anything you like sir, anything else, sir?' and he would laugh and tell me to knock it off."

She mentioned that DiCaprio is very 'down to earth.'

Brown who was an aspiring filmmaker mentioned that she learned a lot from DiCaprio on set. He was also smart and got along well with everyone on the set.

She said, “He's extremely down to earth, and he likes to share stories and life experiences with people.”

Additionally, watching him do his work with passion had been an inspiration for her. 

"On the way to set one day, I saw that he kept stepping on all the cracks and spots on the floor in our path," Brown said. "He was playing Howard Hughes, who has OCD, and I realized that he was getting into character."

Brown also got the chance to act in “The Aviator” when one of the stars was unable to reshoot a scene. Both Dicaprio and the director of the movie, Martin Scorsese, praised her immensely for her acting skills.

"When they cut, Marty came up to me and said, 'You’re an actress!' and Leo stepped off set and said, 'Kasi!' in an impressed voice," Brown said. "They both made me feel really good about my acting and the work that I was doing to learn everything I could on set while assisting Leo."

Even after Brown was no longer DiCaprio’s assistant, the two still kept in touch. When Brown started working on her own projects, DiCaprio encouraged her to submit work to his production company. In 2015, Brown was finally able to write and direct a comedy movie, “Gone Doggy Gone.”  She mentioned that DiCaprio was one of those people who remained supportive and helped her throughout her career.

DiCaprio has since set a strict NDA in place for his employees.

Brown's first-person account of working with DiCaprio may be the last we'll receive in a while, as the Los Angeles Times reported that to work with the actor, employees must sign an "aggressive" non-disclosure agreement that prevents them from talking about "the existence of the contractor's business and/or personal relationship with DiCaprio."

https://www.yourtango.com/entertainment/leonardo-dicaprio-former-assistant-reveals-what-its-work-him

7 minutes ago, akatosh said:

Leonardo DiCaprio’s Former Assistant Reveals How The Actor Treats His Employees

Leonardo DiCaprio may be one of Hollywood's most famous men but he's an expert at keeping his private life hidden. We have gotten occasional peeks into his relationships through paparazzi photos and infrequent interviews but perhaps the biggest clue about what DiCaprio is really like comes from someone who worked closely with him at the height of his career — his assistant.

Leonardo DiCaprio's former assistant has opened up about working with the actor.

Kasi Brown was DiCapro’s assistant back in 2003 when he was filming for “The Aviator” and quit after the shooting wrapped up. She got the job from her friend who had been DiCaprio's assistant during the shooting of 2002's "Catch Me If You Can." Brown got the chance to bond with everyone during the shooting of "Catch Me If You Can" and became DiCaprio's assistant when her friend moved on to other projects. Since then,

Brown has had nothing but nice things to say about DiCaprio.

"Leo and I always had fun on set," Brown told Huffington Post in 2016, explaining the two would often goof around on the set while imitating accents. Their relationship was filled with humor and the two joked around often. She also revealed a joke the two had between them on numerous accounts.

"Sometimes, I would pretend that he was the stereotype of an entitled celebrity," Brown said. "And when he would ask me to do something, I would bow and in a beaten-down voice say, 'Yes, sir, anything you like sir, anything else, sir?' and he would laugh and tell me to knock it off."

She mentioned that DiCaprio is very 'down to earth.'

Brown who was an aspiring filmmaker mentioned that she learned a lot from DiCaprio on set. He was also smart and got along well with everyone on the set.

She said, “He's extremely down to earth, and he likes to share stories and life experiences with people.”

Additionally, watching him do his work with passion had been an inspiration for her. 

"On the way to set one day, I saw that he kept stepping on all the cracks and spots on the floor in our path," Brown said. "He was playing Howard Hughes, who has OCD, and I realized that he was getting into character."

Brown also got the chance to act in “The Aviator” when one of the stars was unable to reshoot a scene. Both Dicaprio and the director of the movie, Martin Scorsese, praised her immensely for her acting skills.

"When they cut, Marty came up to me and said, 'You’re an actress!' and Leo stepped off set and said, 'Kasi!' in an impressed voice," Brown said. "They both made me feel really good about my acting and the work that I was doing to learn everything I could on set while assisting Leo."

Even after Brown was no longer DiCaprio’s assistant, the two still kept in touch. When Brown started working on her own projects, DiCaprio encouraged her to submit work to his production company. In 2015, Brown was finally able to write and direct a comedy movie, “Gone Doggy Gone.”  She mentioned that DiCaprio was one of those people who remained supportive and helped her throughout her career.

DiCaprio has since set a strict NDA in place for his employees.

Brown's first-person account of working with DiCaprio may be the last we'll receive in a while, as the Los Angeles Times reported that to work with the actor, employees must sign an "aggressive" non-disclosure agreement that prevents them from talking about "the existence of the contractor's business and/or personal relationship with DiCaprio."

https://www.yourtango.com/entertainment/leonardo-dicaprio-former-assistant-reveals-what-its-work-him

Good to hear! 

1 hour ago, Sugarwater said:

I never heard of it before and I'm pretty sure it's not mentioned in the parts of the book I've read so far. However I couldn't explain the whole procedure but I remember especially Hale talking a lot about it in the movie and I think at several points he tried to explain it dumb Ernest. I understand how it was kinda the key point of Hales plot against Mollies family and I also understand with killing her family one after one made Mollie having more of this rights by each dead what put her own life at high risk because money loving Ernest was her husband meaning everything goes into his greedy hands after no one is left. It was practically the invitation for killing.

37 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

I never heard of it before and I'm pretty sure it's not mentioned in the parts of the book I've read so far. However I couldn't explain the whole procedure but I remember especially Hale talking a lot about it in the movie and I think at several points he tried to explain it dumb Ernest. I understand how it was kinda the key point of Hales plot against Mollies family and I also understand with killing her family one after one made Mollie having more of this rights by each dead what put her own life at high risk because money loving Ernest was her husband meaning everything goes into his greedy hands after no one is left. It was practically the invitation for killing.

Yes! That’s at least enough of an understanding to get why things were happening. I wish it would have covered more of how the Osage knew what was under their land (and no it wasn’t because of a gusher) and how they outsmarted the US government by creating headrights before anyone else figured out what was under their land. This of course made the white government look extremely foolish and extremely mad that the Osage outsmarted them. This is why the government started proclaiming Osage people too incompetent to handle their own money. Also, the money could not go to a white family member unless they were the only ones left. This is why all the Osage grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, children etc… had to be eliminated before a white family member could inherit it. Yes. Ernest would have had to murder his own children before he could inherit the money.

Studios Threaten That If There’s No Deal By This Week Then No More Negotiating Until January

9EF85967-5776-4129-90BC-E30EAD9B7560.jpe

The Wrap’s Sharon Waxman is reporting that the studios (AMPTP) are telling the actors (SAG-AFTRA) that if no deal is made by the end of this week then they will be halting all negotiations until January. Yikes.

According to an insider Waxman spoke to, If that is the case, then the fall TV season is lost and new movies won’t be coming out until next summer. The studios are ready to pack it up for the year, they couldn’t care less about the losses.

Early November would be the drop-dead date to salvage any ability to put television or movies into production. Once the calendar hits Thanksgiving, it is unlikely any project would begin production, pushing off everything to the new year, this individual said, and killing the studios’ incentive to push for a deal. 

The actors have been on strike since July 14. The negotiations restarted this week, on Tuesday, a mere two weeks after CEOs walked away from the negotiating table “over a new demand that SAG-AFTRA receive a $1-per-subscription fee from streaming divisions”.