Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

At least my local cinema has some faith in the movie. It shows KOTFM twice as much as the Taylor concert movie :thumbsup:

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Tracking at $20-$25 Million Opening

Apple and Paramount are giving Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” a wide theatrical release in over 3600 theaters this weekend and, according to Deadline, the tracking has it at around $20M-$25M.

This would be impressive for a 3 hour, 26-minute western drama, with no actors promoting it during the strike, but I sure as hell hope it’ll gross more. May the cinematic Gods grace ‘Killers’ with a $30 million weekend.

Apple spent $200 million on ‘Killers,’ mostly for the prestige, Oscar noms and the fact that it could bring in more subscribers on their streaming platform. Breaking even is just an added bonus. But for the sake of cinema’s survival? I sure would like to see a 206 minute, R-rated, non-IP film pull better numbers.

Scorsese’s last two films barely made any money. 2016’s “Silence” grossed $22 million, on a $50 million budget, and 2019’s “The Irishman,” which was produced by Netflix, had only been granted a brief, and limited, 2-week theatrical release by the streamer.

Never underestimate Leo is all I'm saying here :DanniCullen:

Taylor Swift Has No Plans To Shake Off No. 1 As Martin Scorsese’s ‘Killers Of The Flower Moon’ Eyes $20M+ Opening

Taylor-swift-Killers-of-the-flower-moon.

The AMC-distributed Taylor Swift concert movie Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour, which paused weekday play from Monday-Thursday, is looking at a 60%-70% dive in its second weekend with $27M-$37M off its first weekend of $92.3M. Those industry projections are based on the front-loaded nature of female-skewing pics, per sources.

(...)

Apple Original Films’ big splash into a wide theatrical release with Paramount on Martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon has been looking at a $20M-$25M opening with tracking for a while. That would be mind-blowing for a 3 hour, 26-minute western drama that’s getting released in the midst of the actors strike, which has prevented stars from tubthumping their pics. Such conceived tentpoles as New Regency/20th Century Studios/Disney’s $80M The Creator were impacted greatly by the strike; that pic’s promotion was hamstrung sans an awesome San Diego Comic-Con and fall film festival launch, ultimately opening to $14M and currently at a running cume of $33.4M. Another adult-skewing title, 20th/Disney’s A Haunting in Venice, also took a hit with a $14.2M opening.

Why so optimistic on Killers of the Flower Moon? Analysts are bullish on the DiCaprio factor of it all in regards to the draw in a marketing campaign that’s been everywhere in TV spots and outdoor. A $20M+ opening here also would be a notable start for Apple’s foray into wide theatrical releases, its next being the Sony-distributed and Ridley Scott-directed Napoleon on November 22. The DiCaprio-Robert De Niro-Lily Gladstone movie has been on fire with critics since its world premiere at Cannes (which was where the stars previously did press back in May before the strike) with a current Rotten Tomatoes critics score of 96% certified fresh.

Adapted by Scorsese and Eric Roth from the David Grann book, Killers of the Flower Moon follows the improbable romance of Ernest Burkhart (DiCaprio) and Mollie Kyle (Lily Gladstone) against the suspicious murders of members of the Osage Nation, who became some of the richest people in the world overnight after oil was discovered underneath their land during the 1920s.

Given the length of this movie, previews will start as early as 2 p.m. on Thursday. Killers of the Flower Moon is booked in 3,621 theaters and looks to pull in men and women over 25. Working in the Scorsese pic’s advantage is the fact that it will have all the Imax and PLF screens, with little overlap with Eras Tour.

In regards to this Apple-financed property, the streamer is handling the marketing and publicity, while Paramount has overseen the distribution and booking of theaters.

Overall, the good news between Killers of the Flower Moon and Eras Tour is that neither is cannibalizing the other’s coveted demos.

No Apple TV+ streaming date has been set for Killers of the Flower Moon as a guaranteed long theatrical window is being planned due to awards season.

DiCaprio’s highest openings with Scorsese are, in order: Shutter Island ($41M in 2010), The Departed ($27M, 2006), The Wolf of Wall Street ($18M, 2013), Gangs of New York ($9.1M, 2002) and The Aviator ($858K first weekend at 40 theaters with a second weekend wide break of $9.1M, 2004).

A $20M+ opening for Killers of the Flower Moon would rep the best domestic start for De Niro in a Scorsese film — Cape Fear being the duo’s biggest opening together with $10.2M back in 1991. Cape Fear on a global basis is De Niro’s highest-grossing movie with Scorsese at $182M, while DiCaprio’s is Wolf of Wall Street at $407M.

@BarbieErin Even if I'm still not convinced about the PTA project (plainly because I don't like his movies at all LOL) I guess the more working Leo the better?

:rofl: Haha Leo. Love him and his little perfectionist ass when it comes to work :heart:

Robert De Niro and Martin Scorsese “rolled eyes” at Leonardo DiCaprio on set

Martin Scorsese’s new movie Killers of the Flower Moon is clearly a picture that’s taken some time to get right – and thanks to Robert De Niro, Leonardo DiCaprio found this out the hard way.

Scorsese has dropped yet another historical epic that’s set to make cinematic history – including its colossal 3 hour and 26 minute runtime.

The story follows the atrocities committed against the Osage Nation in the 1920s, when it was first discovered that their supposedly “bad” land harbored a wealth of oil underneath it.

Both Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro play the main antagonists in Killers of the Flower Moon, but the journey to perfection wasn’t always straightforward for De Niro and Martin Scorsese.

Robert De Niro and Martin Scorsese “rolled eyes” at Leonardo DiCaprio’s improvisation

According to a new interview with the Wall Street Journal, Leonardo DiCaprio’s initial improvisation in scenes caused more than a few eye rolls from Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro.

Scorsese reflected on how Killers of the Flower Moon is the first film to bring his two muses, De Niro and DiCaprio, together. In the Wall Street profile, Scorsese explains how the two actors are the complete opposites of each other, citing that DiCaprio’s improvisations and discussions on set were “endless, endless, endless.”

“Then Bob didn’t want to talk,” Scorsese explained. “Every now and then, Bob and I would look at each other and roll our eyes a little bit. And we’d tell [Leo], ‘You don’t need that dialogue.’”

For Scorsese and De Niro fans, the instance has painted a vivid picture in their heads.

^A bit more detailed. No spoiler (expect the ones hidden).

Coming just out of the movie. My brain is still working because damn that was a lot to take in. So here just some quick thoughts.

It's very different to all pre Marty/Leo projects. Leo is just... wow. I have no words. He blew me away :oh_no: I now understand why he choosed the role of Ernest over Tom White (who was minimized into less than 30 minutes and hadn't much to do). Is it Leos career best? It's definitely less showy than for example Jordan Belfort or Howard Hughes. He's much more subtle here. More quiet. Even if he talks (or mumbles) a lot. Maybe it's just my imagination after the article but I could see how Marty said to him "take a step back, you don't need all the extra drama." He also looks dead ass weird in this movie. Ears, nose, hair, teeths, mouth constantly pulled down. I almost bursted into laughter when Mollie called him "good looking". Uhm no girl that's not good looking Leo this is Leo giving his best Marlon Brando imitation lol The only dreamy thing Marty left us are his eyes. I had a hard time to understand why she felt in love with him actually. She even admitted right in the beginning he's "not the brightest" and was "after her money".

Spoiler

Yet she never really suspected him what I also found weird. Maybe because the movie made him guilty so obvious for the audience or maybe because it's too grotesque to think your own husband could do something utterly horrible like that.

I think he's the ugliest character Leo ever played. Not just by the outside but inside because he's hiding his malignancy pretending to be the loving caring husband otherwise than for example Candie and Louis who were just evil and showed their evilness.

Lily is intense and heartbreaking (and in my humble opinion very much a leading role). She and Leo have some "cute" moments. Also many not so much cute moments like expected. I really was about to pray for that poor soul. If she's winning the oscar I'm here for it.

Robert DeNiro is subtle but amazing and the evil in person :devil:  His character is so dark it's comical sometimes. He isn't a supporting character at all.

Overall I think the movie is more "lighter" than I thought. Not exactly funny but with moments where I had to laugh. Sometimes because of pure disbelieve. Sometimes I wanted to scream. Sometimes I really wanted to shake dumb Ernest (and all the other white old douchebags good lord).

Great dialogs. Many many dialogs. Slow pace. Sometimes I was thinking too slow honestly. This movie isn't a crime triller or something like that. It's a character study where we know from the beginning who are the perpetrators and who are the victims. Because of that the movie isn't really... thrilling. I mean you're not sitting there waiting in pure excitement what happens next because you already know what happens next. Gripping and accumulating are maybe the better words to describe the whole thing, yes.

But did I LIKE the movie? Woah hard to tell. I admired many parts of it. It's a movie that made you think for sure but nothing you just watch for entertainment (what isn't the intention of the movie anyway). So watching and enjoying it on a big screen is probably just the right way. It's a beautiful craftful movie to look at. Quite the opposite to the ugly rotten shameful story it tells.

It's a strenuous movie and so it's def not a movie for the crowd. My cinema was half packed at best. When the credits started the group behind me was gasping over the lengths of the movie and the lack of events. Indeed two people left the cinema WHILE the movie. I don't think I ever witnessed that during a Leo movie.

The soundtrack is quite... memorable. The steady hammering (or drumming) drove me nuts, almost gave me a headache.

LOVED the creative ending. Special indeed.

Also want to add Tatanka Means is the one to drool about in this movie. He's really gorgeous :drool2: His role is rather small but he drawd my attention because of his beauty and charisma. He's one of the investigator of the FBI. Would have loved to know more about this character.

F6-ONJ2aAAAf_NH.jpg:large

Not from KOTFM but who cares

bfb7a6ec9e4521ae33bbc7d5f7b8ae849f2ecbdb

Love his hair

MV5BNWVlNjAxMmQtZWI1YS00MTZhLWI5ZjEtMWE3

and stuff

b09a7671-1efa-5014-8c8c-63c57357753d.ima

I just got back from watching KOTFM. Oscars please for Leo and Lily!!! Just wow. 🥰🥹  Marty, too. What a great film. 3.5 hours never went by this fast.

All the actors were great. Leo was very different from his other roles. Very interesting. Loved the chemistry between him and Lily.

I'm going to watch it again on sunday in english (today I saw the dubbed german version).