Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

3 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

I know lots of muslims from different countries (marocco, dubai, sudan, iraq, iran, afghanistan). Believe me the people/fugitives of Iraq, Afghanistan etc are the most nicest, healthiest people in harmony with their religion than most others I've met from so called "modern countries".

Yes. I don't like to judge people based on their religious beliefs. I believe that everyone has his own unique personality!

Spoiler

^I'm aware it's impossible making conclusions from few to all. But my personal experiences with muslims are very... mixed. With male muslims they are mostly bad. It's not a religion I feel any empathy with even less with the way they think how to treat women. But actually I feel about every religion this way and how humanity misuses almost ALL of them. And don't tell me it's not the religions fault. Every religion is made by people (well men actually this is why women often get treated so badly) and then people go and use religion to excuse every bad behaviour (like to oppress, intimidate, hurt, control or kill others). It's a highly broken, dangerous, disgusting and corrupt system since centuries.

But to each his own I guess.

2 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Well religion is a big part of most cultures isn't it?

Yes! But there are another components. That's why every country has it's own culture even if it shares the same religion with different countries.

3 hours ago, Magical said:

Correct! I totally agree that some nations use religion to achieve their goals. They choose  specific contexts to support their attitudes. For the male and female thing, I think it's a very  complicated story because  it is related more to culture than religion!

Absolutely agree with you both Jade and Magical.

12 hours ago, Magical said:

I think Iran, Afghanistan and some countries do not represent Islam. They have their own ideology and they use the name of Islam to make people follow their instructions.

True and they are spreading false image about Islam. 

@Jade Bahr about what you said, these men are not following Islam, and yes I agree with you they have double standards and extremist with women but that’s not how we live as muslims, in Islam men and women are equal, in my country, people are not very strict, we live our lives to the fulliest but we don’t get to physically touch men (we don’t need that) but in case of emergency yes we do. But even men they don’t dare to touch a women only if she was okay with it. 

16 hours ago, LuckyGirl said:

From what I remember, Peggy filed a lawsuit against her son Adam because she warned him and his wife not to take drugs. They are literally homeless, so she won and the daughter is under her and George’s custody. They adopted her so she’s a Dicaprio. So yeah legally speaking, she’s Leo’s sister 

Thanks for the answer.   :hug:

5 hours ago, LuckyGirl said:

@Jade Bahr about what you said, these men are not following Islam, and yes I agree with you they have double standards and extremist with women but that’s not how we live as muslims, in Islam men and women are equal, in my country, people are not very strict, we live our lives to the fulliest but we don’t get to physically touch men (we don’t need that) but in case of emergency yes we do. But even men they don’t dare to touch a women only if she was okay with it. 

Thx for your answer :flower: That sound actually very nice :)

To be fair I do think some netflix movies are really good or at least decent. The cultural impact may be on another hand but seriously most "non streaming" movies are also far away from being that memorable these days. I also wouldn't say doing movies just for entertaining is a bad thing overall. I do agree netflix could spend less money on bad action movies with no stories but on the other hand when you look at the top 10 people seem exactly to enjoy those movies. So maybe this generation is just deserving the movies netflix is serving us.

Netflix’s Culturally Irrelevant All-Time Top 10: How Many Have You Actually Seen?

With Scorsese’s “The Irishman” having been knocked out of the Netflix all-time top 10 by a lo-grade Jennifer Lopez action thriller, titled “The Mother,” I’m again struck by Quentin Tarantino’s fairly prescient comments from around a month ago.

Tarantino’s words might also apply to “Extraction 2,” a sequel to the original “Extraction,” starring Chris Hemsworth. I watched it last night and it aligns well with many other popular Netflix titles, preferably the kind of big, dumb action extravaganza that, as if powered by an algorithm, recycles story ideas from previous big, dumb action movies.

If you remember, Tarantino offered an opinion on the streaming phenomenon, calling out Netflix for making expensive blockbusters starring Ryan Reynolds that made no real cultural impact after being unceremoniously released:

“I mean, and I’m not picking on anybody, but apparently for Netflix, Ryan Reynolds has made $50 million on this movie and $50 million on that movie and $50 million on the next movie for them […] I don’t know what any of those movies are. I’ve never seen them. Have you? I haven’t ever talked to Ryan Reynolds’ agent, but his agent is like, ‘Well, it cost $50 million.’ Well, good for him that he’s making so much money. But those movies don’t exist in the zeitgeist. It’s almost like they don’t even exist.”

What he seems to be referring to are Reynolds’ two hotshot Netflix “blockbusters” “Red Notice,” “6 Underground,” and “The Adam Project,” which broke streaming records, but barely made a dent culturally.

You can also throw non-Reynolds streaming blockbusters “The Gray Man” and “Extraction” into the mix as well. These are, basically, made-for-TV movies with abnormally high budgets.

Yes, all of these big films might have been watched by millions of people, but their cultural impact has been fairly stagnant. Barely anybody talks about them.

Just look at the 10 biggest Netflix films of all-time:

DC2E5865-4407-43C6-8A16-76A318CC8ACA.jpe

How many of these have you actually seen?

As readers of this site, I gather that “The Adam Project,” “Purple Hearts” and company were never really on your must-see radar. Only Rian Johnson’s “Glass Onion” Adam McKay’s “Don’t Look Up” seemed to have made a dent in my world.

I've seen 7 movies of this list:

1) DLU (no words needed)

2) Bird Box (thrilling end time movie with Sandra Bullock)

3) Glass Onion (decent, fun sometimes but too less riddles, too obvious ending, stacked cast but miles away from part 1)

4) The Gray Man (worst movie of all time)

5) The Mother (I really like JLo and I really like her movies sorry not sorry, she's the coolest hardest bitch in town here, fighting her way through the awful crowded men to save her daughter gave me the 2 best action hours I had in a long time)

6) Extraction (fighting Chris Hemsworth for straight 2 hours if you ask me about the plot I can't remember. I only remember the gorgeous Golshifteh Farahani who deserved better. Maybe she should have been the main character in the 2nd part instead of that boring Hemsworth dude again. I might have even watched it then)

7) Purple Hearts (not gonna lie I watched this movie twice and would watch it again. I'm a sucker for love stories and Sofia Carson and Nicholas Galitzine are electric together)