Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

^I saw these pics of WOWS as well. But I think they are photoshopped. The user also posted a lot of other photoshopped images.

But I agree. I would love to see some deleted scenes. I'm sure there were a lot.

Interesting list. Was it ever posted?

10 Women Leonardo DiCaprio Is Close To (5 He Stays Away From)

He exudes street-savvy with just a touch of sophistication, and it seems to work in his efforts to get close to the ladies.

For better or worse, Leonardo DiCaprio might, just might, be described as a man's man. Not so much macho, as swaggering, cocky, and full of himself. He exudes street-savvy with just a touch of sophistication. And it's just true to say that he's dated more 20-something supermodels than just about anybody else out there. As Tina Fey once quipped, introducing Leo at an awards show, "And now, like a supermodel's v*****, let's all give a warm welcome to Leonardo DiCaprio." Even Leo was in stitches over that one. It's funny because it's too true.

It's fair to say that he has been, until now at least, a love 'em and leave 'em kind of guy, the kind of entitled man who thinks he can have any woman he wants. That means he's made a lot of enemies in the modeling world. Not surprisingly he's also made quite a few female friends along the way. Some of them will surprise you.

Here are 10 women that Leo is close to And 5 he would probably run across the street to avoid.

dicaprio-winslet-1-2000-98dd94ba384b4a33

15 Close - Kate Winslet

In 1997, Kate Winslett and Leonardo DiCaprio made Titanic together. The dynamic acting duo has remained true friends ever since. Leo has called her a great actress and said: "We just like each other as people." Their chemistry onscreen in Titanic was strong and undeniable. But Leo has said the love scenes gave them the giggles big time.

leonardo-dicaprio-und-irmelin-indenbirke

14 Close - His Mom

A boy's best friend is his mother. Right? Well, if the boy is Leonardo DiCaprio, that is absolutely the case. His mother Irmelin Indenbirken raised him on her own in Los Angeles after she split with his father. It was a financial struggle, the result of which is that the two have developed a strong and lasting bond. She is often his "date" at events.

caraleo.jpg?width=1200&auto=webp&quality

13 Stay Away - Cara Delevingne

So, in 2013 38-year-old Leonardo was at the Cannes Film Festival to promote his film The Great Gatsby. He runs into the 20-something model Cara Delevingne and fancies her like mad. Come up to my room he says. No, no, no she says. Seems she thought he was too cocky and (wait for it) too old! Ouch. And that was 7 years ago. Good one Cara!

leonard-dicaprio-132fe79a48f64fe0aa08abf

12 Close - Camila Morrone

25-year-old Camila Morrone and Leonardo DiCaprio dated for five years. That's a long time for Leo.  And it turns out they are still on good terms – so much they hang out even after their breakup! Why is that? Before anyone begins to speculate they are potentially rekindling their relationship, that is not the case. Apparently, the exes still co-parent their dogs which they first fostered and finally adopted while they quarantined together in 2020.

leo-margot-cannes.jpg

11 Close - Margot Robbie

She is beautiful, talented, and fun to be around. From the time Leo watched her audition for The Wolf of Wall Street Leonardo has been a big fan of the Aussie actress. They have done three films together, including 2019's Once Upon a Time In Hollywood. The pair seemed to have bonded along the way and display an easy-going, relaxed friendship.  It doesn't hurt that Robbie is drop-dead gorgeous.

diCaprioDiaz1.jpg__760x0_q75_crop-scale_

10 Close - Cameron Diaz

From the time Cameron Diaz and Leonardo DiCaprio worked on 2002's Gangs of New York, they have been firm and fast friends. They always seem happy to see one another when they find themselves at the same place at the same time. Are they more than friends? No. Leo doesn't "do" actresses and Cameron is 47-years-old. Leo likes 'em young. Very young.

rs_634x1024-170518130045-634.Nina-Agdal-

09 Stay Away - Nina Agdal

Is it a coincidence that shortly after Leonardo DiCaprio broke up with model Nina Agdal in 2017, he hooked up with Camila Morrone at Cannes Film Festival? Some think it is more than a coincidence. So, he dumped a 25-year-old in order to make way for a 19-year-old? Got it in one. We'd stay away from Nina if we were Leo.

f89ef2954738e5b994e91f421ad7dba2.jpg

08 Close - Naomi Campbell

For once in his life, Leonardo was a boy toy when he dated supermodel Naomi Campbell in 1995. He was around 20-years-old and she was 25! It was a first (and probably a last) as far as Leonardo DiCaprio was concerned. They have remained friends and can be spotted chatting and sipping champers on some yacht or another in places like Cannes.

GettyImages-77066178.jpg?quality=80&stri

07 Close - Drew Barrymore

Leonardo DiCaprio came into Drew Barrymore's orbit due to their mutual friendship with actress Cameron Diaz. She has gushed over his talent and his accomplishments. Leo and Drew are the same age and were both "up and coming" Hollywood stars in the late 1990s. So, their paths crossed often. They have gone from up and coming to established together.

45DXOUU5TRHNNC6MDNWRUMKS4U.jpg

06 Close - Jennifer Aniston

We all know about the Brad Pitt/Leonardo DiCaprio bromance. Well, in the past Jennifer Aniston and Leo's paths have crossed again and again. She was even at his 44th birthday bash in Los Angeles in 2019. Many try to link her with Leonardo romantically. No way. As we said, he isn't into dating actresses and she is just way too "mature". Besides, the tabloids are busy marrying her off to Brad . . . again.

lady-gaga-leo-dicaprio.jpg

05 Stay Away - Lady Gaga

A few years back, Leonardo DiCaprio ran into Lady Gaga at the Golden Globe Awards. Well, it was actually the other way around. She was intent on getting to the stage to accept an award when she brushed past Leo. He pulled quite a face. Was he dissing the singer/actress? Some think so. Steer clear, Leo. Steer clear.

575ab3e21500002b00739d80.jpeg?cache=Z530

04 Close - Beyoncé

He rolls up to fundraisers for her foundation. She and Jay-Z were invited and attended DiCaprio's 44th birthday party. The couple doesn't usually do that kind of Hollywood party thing. So, it's a sign of the friendship between Beyoncé and Dicaprio that she was there. Seems, Queen Bee and Hollywood's number one bachelor have become good friends.

leo-ibiza-07aug13-06.thumb.jpg.4c2a1cb00c5ed7e24267c26e73094aca.jpg

03 Stay Away - Toni Garrn

How would you feel if you were a 20-something German model who in 2014 was supposedly loved up with Leonardo DiCaprio and the guy left you at a party, departing with 20, count them, 20 other women? Not surprisingly, the split came soon afterward. We don't think Leo is on Toni Garrn's list of best chums, to say the least. The mind boggles. Leo and 20 women?

77th+Annual+Academy+Awards+Show+GrlSOsEZ

02 Close - Gwyneth Paltrow

Back in the 1990s, they were Hollywood mates, maybe a little more. He talked dirty to her. No, it's not what you think. He told her that red meat was disgusting and dirty. Like with Drew Barrymore, Paltrow and DiCaprio were up and coming together, their paths often crossing. They'd take in a movie together or go out for a meal. It's hard to believe they were ever that young and fresh-faced. Time flies.

Aretha-Wilson_1761117c.jpg

01 Stay Away - Aretha Wilson

It's 2009 and Leonardo is at a Hollywood party at producer Rick Saloman's house when, out of the blue,  a Canadian model by the name of Aretha Wilson smacked him over the head with a smashed bottle. He had to have stitches. It's not clear why she did it. But what is clear is that she was tried, convicted, and served jail time. This one is definitely one to avoid at all costs.

Source

Full comic con interview.

[Only IN Hollywood] What happens when Leonardo DiCaprio interviews Martin Scorsese?

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Martin-Scorsese-May-3-

'When did you first start to analyze how movies were directed and how, in your own words, you were inspired by the great films and directors of the past?' Leo asks Marty.

LOS ANGELES, USA – Leonardo DiCaprio showed up as a surprise guest when his frequent collaborator, Martin Scorsese, received the inaugural Legend of Cinema award from CinemaCon, the largest annual gathering of movie theater owners from around the world, on April 27 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Martin received the award, which will be an annual one to be named after the maestro filmmaker, from Jackie Brenneman, executive vice president and general counsel of the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO), which organizes the yearly gathering.

MartinScorseseLeonardoDiCaprioCourtesyCi

The revered filmmaker then sat down for a conversation as part of the events of CinemaCon. Leonardo appeared as the surprise “interviewer” in the Q&A with Martin during the luncheon at Caesar Palace’s Octavius Ballroom, hosted by Fathom Events.

Earlier that day, Paramount Pictures screened the first footage of Killers of the Flower Moon, the sixth film of the director and his muse.

Leonardo, wearing a suit over a polo shirt, appeared ready with his questions, written on index cards, for Martin, whom he calls Marty.

Sitting side by side, cinema’s acclaimed pair talked about the theatrical versus streaming conundrum, how being a sickly child resulted in Martin’s passion for cinema that opened his eyes to the world and the leading directors then, film restoration (his other love), the director’s work process on and off set, and of course, Killers of the Flower Moon.

In the absorbing conversation widely reported in the media, the 48-year-old actor began by praising Martin’s astounding filmography.

Leonardo enthused, “It’s a body of work that will be revered for centuries, generations to come. His work with the Film Foundation and the World Cinema Project is helping ensure the preservation of our collective cinematic history and has instilled the potential of that reverence and passion for movie-making in an entirely new generation.”

“For the past 22 years, I’ve been incredibly fortunate to witness first-hand how much he’s contributed to the art of filmmaking and preservation. I’m truly grateful for my experiences working with you.”

Then DiCaprio lobbied his first question to Scorsese, dapper at 80 years old in a suit and tie: “My first question begins with theatrical release, the film experience, that inexplicable connection that you have with the audience watching movies.”

“If you could talk about the importance of seeing films projected on the film screen as opposed to the at-home experience and what we’re seeing now in the cinema industry with the onset of streamers.”

Martin, a staunch advocate of theatrical releases, answered, “There is a big difference when you go to a theater, and as I say, that’s somewhat comfortable and the screen is big enough and the projection is good. When you go to that theater, you have to pay attention to that film. Because that’s what’s up there on the wall. Everything else around you is dark.”

“You got a lot of people. At home, you could control it. You could stop the film; you could get up and walk around. In the theater, you can’t. It’s there. It’s happening at that moment for everybody at once.”

“And you know if you go see Avatar, one of the big blockbusters, the audience experience is amazing. But I’ve also seen in my day, that experience was amazing, like, for North By Northwest. It was amazing for Strangers on a Train and Psycho – I was there the fourth night, midnight show at the DeVille Theater in New York.”

“You never heard an audience like that. Screaming. Wild. And so, to experience that, as I say, it’s communal. And it translates differently to the audience.”

“And one very important thing about this preservation business, of this idea of restoration, I think a lot of people may say, ‘Oh, these movies, this guy’s interested in movies.’”

“Movies are not a simple genre. It’s our culture. It’s really who we are; it says who we are.”

“Maybe sometimes it says things about stuff we don’t like but it says who we are. And also, film combines all the other art forms. Just to edit from one shot to another is choreography. It’s poetry.”

“Putting two words together on a page in a certain way, putting two images together in a film in a certain way. It’s poetry. So, it involves all the other art forms. And what happens is that we learn who we are.”

Martin brought up film restoration. “I was very interested in restoring African films because I fell in love with this film called La noire de…(Black Girl) that he (Ousmane Sembene) made.”

“And he pointed out that if we don’t start, the Africans themselves, or have help from others to do this, if we don’t start restoring the films that they made themselves of themselves, not whites coming and making films about them, but about themselves – if we don’t, those movies in the ’60s and ’70s, a lot of them are gone.”

“They said if we don’t restore them, the future Africans won’t know who they are. And the film gets out there. It does get out there.”

“So, for me, if I was a writer, I guess I’d feel the same way. I’d have everybody going around memorizing books like in Fahrenheit 451.”

“But with me, it was cinema. And cinema introduced me to movies, introduced me to everything – dance, theater, of course, music of all kinds. Because I came from a family that was working class, we couldn’t afford theater.”

“So, it was the movies that we all went to. And I learned about the outside world through movies. I saw Satyajit Ray’s film, Pather Panchali, on TV dubbed in English in 1959.”

“I realized that this is a film made by the people that I usually see in British or American films who are in the background fanning the white guys. Oh, so the humanity is there. As a kid, I said, ‘Oh, that’s interesting. They live like that.’”

“So, the cinema opened up the world to me. Otherwise, I would not have had that possibility.”

Realizing he gave a long answer, Martin quipped, “I’ll try to be shorter.” The audience laughed but no one was complaining. How often do you hear a one-on-one between Martin and Leonardo as an after-lunch treat?

Leonardo said, “What struck me when I first got the opportunity to work with you was what an incredible teacher you were. Not only to the actors but to the entire group.”

“And we’d often have screenings that would set the tone, not only for a specific scene but the entire narrative of the project we were doing.”

“These screenings were so incredibly important and vital to creating the work that I did. And in particular, for the Killers of the Flower Moon, you and I talked about a lot of Montgomery Cliff’s work. We talked about Red RiverA Place in the SunThe Heiress as an inspiration for the narrative of this movie.”

“And it’s very interesting to see Marty when he’s at work because there is this almost a subconscious reel of films that is constantly flowing in his trailer through Turner Classic Movies. He’s working on a piece of the script or he is working out a shot.”

“And these images are in the background – the inspiration of the great directors in the past that are constantly forming his work and in the narrative picture.”

“When did you first start to analyze how movies were directed and how, in your own words, you were inspired by the great films and directors of the past?”

Martin replied, “Well, because I was so very sick. I had asthma at the age of three. It was 1946, and I was kept from any sports, any running, any laugh that could become convulsive.”

“And so, they didn’t know what to do with me so they brought me to the movies (laughter). They really didn’t. So, for me, the movies were my outlet.”

“Obviously, at the age of five or six years old, it’s a different thing, it’s a fantasy. I saw The Wizard of Oz in 1948 on the screen. It was one of the great experiences.”

“The first film I saw, the title I think was Duel in the Sun, which was a frightening experience. I think I’ve never gotten over it. I was five years old at the time.”

“At the same time, there was a station in New York on TV. We had a small TV, 16-inch, in 1949, that showed Italian films on a Friday night for the Italian community in Queens Center, New York.”

“My mother had my grandparents come over, to look at Bicycle Thieves. And I saw that these were movies but they seemed to be no difference between the people who lived with me at home and my grandparents who were crying while watching the movie.”

“And so, cinema somehow became in more ways, the escape. I loved the technical. So, the escape, and at the same time there was a truth that was achieved with the same technology. And it was touching not only the rest of the world but it was touching people – my grandparents, mother, father.”

“And that’s why those films are so good. So, for me, the Hollywood classical cinema you find in John Ford. At a certain point, I was about 15, they showed Citizen Kane on TV. There were editing and commercials.”

“That changed my perception and that made me think about what technology can do. And people would say, ‘Well, you need a new camera.’ Well, where are you putting the camera and things like that. He told the story through vision, yes with the script, of course, but the vision was an extraordinary experience.”

“At the same time, I started to explore more and more foreign films. I walk in in the middle of Sergei Eisenstein’s Alexander Nevsky and then I see Battleship Potemkin. I fell in love with the Soviet montage, the editing.”

“I think it was Citizen Kane and The Third Man that made me begin to understand what you can do with a camera and with the impact that there must be a person behind that camera, besides the directors, writers, and the whole crew working this way.”

“That did not take away from the appreciation of American classical stuff. You look at The Grapes of Wrath – it’s still a great film but it made me aware that we can make the camera speak.”

Leonardo said, “I remember seeing recently, or someone else talking about Citizen Kane and how he (Orson Welles) was able to achieve some of those shots, and his answer was, ‘It was sheer ignorance.’ The ability to take chances because he didn’t know the rules.”

Martin responded, “That’s one of the great things you learn. I know it’s scary when people give you (a camera) and they say, ‘Go make a film,’ but one of the great things you can do is bring in ignorance.”

“I’m going to do this because I don’t know any other way. And eventually, they find a way. There he was looking at Gregg Toland (cinematographer).”

Leonardo added, “That’s exactly why you wanted to work with a young Orson Welles because he didn’t know the rules.”

Martin said, “He didn’t. Right. It’s interesting. They have rules. It was a factory. They were making films. They’re studios and they had a certain thing. They had stars and the stars represented certain things to the public and people expected certain genres.”

“Yes, they had a way of doing it. Who’s this guy coming in and changing the world? Who’s going to take a chance? And of course, he (Welles) did change the world.”

Leonardo saved the final part of the engrossing conversation for Killers of the Flower Moon, which he and Martin will premiere out of competition in the coming Cannes Film Festival. The crime drama history is Martin’s eleventh collaboration with his other muse, Robert De Niro.

The film, which also stars Lily Gladstone, Jesse Plemons, John Lithgow, and Brendan Fraser, is based on David Grann’s nonfiction book of the same title on a series of Oklahoma murders in the Osage Nation in the 1920s. The killings began after oil was discovered on Native American tribal land.

The actor plays Ernest Burkhart, one of the key figures in the Osage murders. Lily portrays Mollie Burkhart.

Leonardo began the chat on the film by saying, “I got the opportunity the other day to speak to David Grann and I just wanted to give the audience here, the people in this room, some sort of context, for those of you who haven’t read the book, some context about the history of this forgotten part of our past.”

“So, I asked him to write a little something, and this is what he gave. He said, ‘In the late 1920s, members of the Osage Nation in Oklahoma were the wealthiest people per capita in the country because oil had been discovered under their land.”

“Then, one by one, they began to die under mysterious circumstances. Killers of the Flower Moon tells the story of one of American history’s most censored conspiracies and terrible racial injustices.”

“Like the Tulsa race massacre, which occurred only 30 miles away during that same period, this critical chapter has long been erased from our nation’s history books. A century after these crimes, we’ve tried to shine a light on a true story.”

Killers was filmed in Oklahoma, in the very place where these events took place, and several relatives of Osage’s perished appeared in the film. It is an American crime story that is less about who did it than who didn’t. It is about widespread complicity and conspiracy and ultimately, it is about reckoning with our past that is long overdue.’”

Then Leonardo asked, “In the case of the film, Killers of the Flower Moon, what was your specific process in telling this incredibly insidious part of our collective history in the actual location where they occurred? And what was your approach with that, and just realizing that some characters really screwed up?”

Martin answered, “For me, it was, as you recall, the journey they’re taking, the writing of the script, and when they made the big change, my interest as a human being was, how some of these guys, some of these people in the story, could have done what they did.”

KillersoftheFlowerMoon1-1.jpeg?resize=21

“And yet at the same time, accepted in themselves, at the same time said, ‘We love them,’ you know, and then rationalized by saying, ‘It’s a civilization, one comes in, the other goes out. It’s just natural. Just part of the tragedy.’”

“And I wonder how we could create that world where you take the audience, and you put them, instead of the good guys coming in, the Bureau of Investigations, the FBI, coming in and putting an end to it, or as much as possible, putting an end to it, and what if you (Leonardo) had the idea of playing Ernest, as we were talking about during different parts of the movie, he said, ‘Let’s do…Ernest.’”

“He said, ‘Ernest is true.’ I said, ‘That’s where the heart of the picture is.’ It turns out that we learn from many of the Osages there, that Ernest and Mollie were the ones really who were in love with each other.”

“And yet, what he did and how she trusted. And I said, ‘How does that happen? How can we create that?’ So, we just put ourselves into that world of those people, and his character developed that way, line by line, scene by scene, we kept working and working on the script until the last day of shooting.”

Martin added, “When we first got to Oklahoma, the Osage, we had a big meeting with them. And then there was another group of Osage, at Gray Horse, who made a big dinner for us, and as each one got up and spoke, I realized, wait, this is the story, right here. This is the one.”

“They spoke about what it was like, and how the members of their families suffered and were killed and yet these new people that film is about, were in love. And I said, ‘Okay, there’s love and there’s murder at the same time.’”

“It’s about land. It’s all about greed. And so, for me, it was immersing ourselves in that world and the only way to do it was to go there and be there, and stay there, and be with the Osages.”

The prolific director turned to Leonardo and shared, “You’d make a joke about it all the time. You say, ‘Marty never came out of the house.’”

“They rented this house for me. An old man had it, he had died, and it was a big place. He had nurses and had a dog and everything. But it was rather oversized. It’s like, giant in the movie.”

“And I’m a small guy so all the chairs, I couldn’t reach anything. But I stayed there because I was making a movie. And when I’m sitting alone in a room, I’m making a movie.”

“To go out, dinners, forget it. I couldn’t do it because we’re on edge all the time, to make sure we did right by them. Someone said it the other night. He said to me, ‘I wonder if how many of us are capable of such a thing, the complicity of the genocide?’ Complicity.”

“He said, ‘Well, if some of us are capable, that means all of us are capable of it.’ Because you want it to go away. We don’t want to think about it. And so, that’s the character we dealt with but we lived in it.”

“And by the way, we shot in the actual locations. Even the doctor’s office, and the Masonic Lodge, in the actual buildings.”

“I guess I look back at every film I made like another universe. I remember my children and stuff and the role they were in. I look back at it, we were in that universe, and I liked it, in a way. It was tough.”

“It wasn’t an easy film to make. I am a New Yorker and there are prairies out there. There are violent horses, coyotes, yeah. I mean, whatever. We immersed ourselves in trying to write about them as much as possible.”

Leonardo wrapped up by saying, ‘Well, I think that’s all the time we have.” The actor got to ask only about four questions since his director gave lengthy answers, but what a scintillating half-hour conversation it was.

Source

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Exclusive: The Revenant 2 In Development, Leonardo DiCaprio Returning

The Revenant 2 is in development to star Leonardo DiCaprio once again as 19th-century frontiersman Hugh Glass.

Filmmaker Alejandro G. Iñárritu is developing The Revenant 2, a sequel to his 2015 pseudo-historical action film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. According to our trusted and proven sources, the Catch Me If You Can actor will return to play Hugh Glass, the real-life 19th-century fur trapper and frontiersman heavily fictionalized in the Academy Award-winning film. The plot of the movie is unclear, but Glass did have many more gruesome adventures after the events portrayed in the first movie, so there is plenty of material for The Revenant 2.

The Revenant 2 will once again feature Leonardo DiCaprio as Glass, presumably some years after the famous 1823 incident in which he hunted down the men who left him to die in the North American wilderness and also got mauled by a grizzly bear in the process. After recovering from his wounds, Glass continued to join expeditions exploring the area now known as the Dakotas, and was eventually killed by members of the Arikara Nation. However, there are undoubtedly many incredibly gruesome, very difficult-to-shoot episodes of violence that could be mined for The Revenant 2.

The Revenant was Alejandro G. Iñárritu’s follow-up film to the Michael Keaton-starring black comedy Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance), which won multiple Oscars (including Best Picture) for its portrayal of show business as a difficult field to work in. After the enormously successful, technically demanding movie, Iñárritu pretty much could make anything he wanted, which eventually led to giving Leonardo DiCaprio hypothermia.

The Revenant 2 will follow a movie whose reputation largely rests on the grueling level of punishment it put Leonardo DiCaprio through during filming, in addition to the scores of non-famous crew members are presumably could not use it as fodder for a successful Oscar campaign. In particular, Glass’s survival of a bear attack (which to be fair, seems to have been a mother bear protecting her cubs) was notable for the level of choreography and physical pain it put the actor through.

The first movie was notable for its attempts to portray indigenous culture accurately, hiring several consultants to do so; despite that, at least one scene had a Pawnee character speaking dialogue in an indigenous language spoken thousands of miles away and from an entirely different linguistic group. Additionally, veteran indigenous actor Kimberly Norris-Guerrero (who worked on the film as an uncredited extra) later spoke of the film’s ahistorical depiction of members of the Arikara Nation as perpetually caked in mud and filth as prompting her to begin working as a screenwriter to try to counter such portrayals. 

While The Revenant 2 is in development, Leonardo DiCaprio will star in Killers of the Flower Moon, his sixth feature film in collaboration with filmmaker Martin Scorsese. The crime drama centers on the investigation into the murder of several Osage Nation members in Oklahoma in the 1920s. The movie will co-star Robert De Niro, Jesse Plemons, and Brendan Fraser, and is scheduled to be released in theaters in October.

Source

4 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The Revenant 2 is in development to star Leonardo DiCaprio once again as 19th-century frontiersman Hugh Glass.

Filmmaker Alejandro G. Iñárritu is developing The Revenant 2, a sequel to his 2015 pseudo-historical action film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. According to our trusted and proven sources, the Catch Me If You Can actor will return to play Hugh Glass, the real-life 19th-century fur trapper and frontiersman heavily fictionalized in the Academy Award-winning film. The plot of the movie is unclear, but Glass did have many more gruesome adventures after the events portrayed in the first movie, so there is plenty of material for The Revenant 2.

The Revenant 2 will once again feature Leonardo DiCaprio as Glass, presumably some years after the famous 1823 incident in which he hunted down the men who left him to die in the North American wilderness and also got mauled by a grizzly bear in the process. After recovering from his wounds, Glass continued to join expeditions exploring the area now known as the Dakotas, and was eventually killed by members of the Arikara Nation. However, there are undoubtedly many incredibly gruesome, very difficult-to-shoot episodes of violence that could be mined for The Revenant 2.

The Revenant was Alejandro G. Iñárritu’s follow-up film to the Michael Keaton-starring black comedy Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance), which won multiple Oscars (including Best Picture) for its portrayal of show business as a difficult field to work in. After the enormously successful, technically demanding movie, Iñárritu pretty much could make anything he wanted, which eventually led to giving Leonardo DiCaprio hypothermia.

The Revenant 2 will follow a movie whose reputation largely rests on the grueling level of punishment it put Leonardo DiCaprio through during filming, in addition to the scores of non-famous crew members are presumably could not use it as fodder for a successful Oscar campaign. In particular, Glass’s survival of a bear attack (which to be fair, seems to have been a mother bear protecting her cubs) was notable for the level of choreography and physical pain it put the actor through.

The first movie was notable for its attempts to portray indigenous culture accurately, hiring several consultants to do so; despite that, at least one scene had a Pawnee character speaking dialogue in an indigenous language spoken thousands of miles away and from an entirely different linguistic group. Additionally, veteran indigenous actor Kimberly Norris-Guerrero (who worked on the film as an uncredited extra) later spoke of the film’s ahistorical depiction of members of the Arikara Nation as perpetually caked in mud and filth as prompting her to begin working as a screenwriter to try to counter such portrayals. 

While The Revenant 2 is in development, Leonardo DiCaprio will star in Killers of the Flower Moon, his sixth feature film in collaboration with filmmaker Martin Scorsese. The crime drama centers on the investigation into the murder of several Osage Nation members in Oklahoma in the 1920s. The movie will co-star Robert De Niro, Jesse Plemons, and Brendan Fraser, and is scheduled to be released in theaters in October.

Source

What??? This doesn't make any sense. 

8 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Source

Wow . That's amazing 

@Jade Bahr Thank you for the interview, it was amazing. I love the way Martin expresses his thoughts, I think I could listen to him for hours❤️

Leo has never starred in sequels (which is part of his success), at least not since Gilbert Grape. I don't think he'll be in The Revenant 2, even if it will happen. Hopefully Tarantino will get him in his last film 🤞🏻