Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

@Lilja K 💯

^she's also one of the most nominated actresses for the academy award and holds the record for being the youngest actress with the most oscar nominations ever. She's probably the only actress who stands not only to her body but resists to use filters for her face and body in front of a camera fighting for body positivy among (young) women since forever. Mare of Easttown wasn't only a major but special hit for her and she's in 2 of the most successful movies ever made (one of them post pandemic) while "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is making the lists of best movies again and again (same for Sense and Sensibility among best Jane Austen adaptations). Even her "weaker" movies like Colleteral Beauty and The Mountain Between Us are having strong ratings at IMDB. Also The Dressmaker is fuckin iconic. She's a total queen and claim something different is just ridiculous.

honey_monter.thumb.gif.5729152c752a3f6f1cce2c7ef73e8e4a.gif

KOTFM UPDATES. Expectations gettin higher and higher... :chicken:

It also doesn't seem like it's final KOTFM is really running out of competition.

Cannes Wants Scorsese’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ in Competition: “We’re Waiting on Their Response”

UPDATED: Thierry Fremaux has extended his thoughts on whether we’ll see ‘Killers’ in competition:

Technically and to commend Apple’s decision to release the film in theatres even though the film was selected out of competition, I extended the option for it to be in competition. I invited Marty’s film to premiere out of competition since it was a film for a platform, that was already fantastic. Then Apple said that they would release the film in theatres which was also fantastic. So I said, well in that case, you are welcome in competition, and now we’ll see what their response is. I’ll respect the decision of Martin Scorsese and of Apple.

Fremaux also mentions that the film is “very strong” and even made him cry. Just inject it into my veins already!

EARLIER: It’s not a done deal that Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” will play out of competition.

At today’s press conference, Cannes boss Thierry Frémaux reiterated his desire to have Scorsese’s film play in competition, but added that he’s waiting on Scorsese and Apple to give him the go-ahead.

I imagine this is a diplomatic way for Frémaux to both flatter and pressure Scorsese/Apple by suggesting that the film is competition-worthy.

I don't know who Frémaux is expecting an answer from. He explained that he made the request, obviously Scorsese was informed of it and does not seem opposed to it. So, is the ball on Apple’s court?

Even yesterday, when interviewed by France Inter, Frémaux said he did not to know if it would be in competition for the Palme d’Or.

Source

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ is Now 3 Hours 45 Minutes?

In an interview with Thierry Fremaux, Variety’s Elsa Keslassy let it slip that Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” is 3 hours 45 minutes. Is that a confirmation?

Fremaux’s response is interesting …

I don’t know what the final length is, but let’s say that for me it’s not an issue. All I know is that it’s only five minutes more than “Once Upon a Time in America.”

Fremaux again stated how the film is “great” and is “obviously invited in competition”. He adds that he’s now “waiting to hear their [Apple] decision. We have until the last minute.”

He additionally tells the story of when Fellini won the Palme d’Or for “La Dolce Vita,” he said “I’m not coming back in competition.”

Scorsese won the Palme d’Or in 1976. “So obviously one could say, he doesn’t have much to gain considering his prestigious status. Expect one thing: the Palme d’Or. I think he should come in competition.”

It’s not like Scorsese didn’t get back into competition after the “Taxi Driver” win. Scorsese competed two more times in 1983 and 1986 for “The King of Comedy” and “After Hours.”

Scorsese has been really pushing it with runtimes these last few years. His last three films were all epic in length: “Silence” (161 minutes), “The Wolf of Wall Street” (180 minutes) and “The Irishman” (210 minutes) had monstrous post-production processes.

Source

Ok but "Once Upon A Time In America" is 229 min long. KOTFM being 5 minutes longer would mean a runtime of 334 min 😮 Seems like I need some extra pillow for the cinema LOL

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ is Now 3 Hours 45 Minutes?

In an interview with Thierry Fremaux, Variety’s Elsa Keslassy let it slip that Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” is 3 hours 45 minutes. Is that a confirmation?

Fremaux’s response is interesting …

I don’t know what the final length is, but let’s say that for me it’s not an issue. All I know is that it’s only five minutes more than “Once Upon a Time in America.”

Fremaux again stated how the film is “great” and is “obviously invited in competition”. He adds that he’s now “waiting to hear their [Apple] decision. We have until the last minute.”

He additionally tells the story of when Fellini won the Palme d’Or for “La Dolce Vita,” he said “I’m not coming back in competition.”

Scorsese won the Palme d’Or in 1976. “So obviously one could say, he doesn’t have much to gain considering his prestigious status. Expect one thing: the Palme d’Or. I think he should come in competition.”

It’s not like Scorsese didn’t get back into competition after the “Taxi Driver” win. Scorsese competed two more times in 1983 and 1986 for “The King of Comedy” and “After Hours.”

Scorsese has been really pushing it with runtimes these last few years. His last three films were all epic in length: “Silence” (161 minutes), “The Wolf of Wall Street” (180 minutes) and “The Irishman” (210 minutes) had monstrous post-production processes.

Source

Ok but "Once Upon A Time In America" is 229 min long. KOTFM being 5 minutes longer would mean a runtime of 334 min 😮 Seems like I need some extra pillow for the cinema LOL

True story when I went to watch Titanic in the theaters this year... there were a bunch of teens with slippers, pjmas and blankets.... I was a little bit jealous.

4 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

KOTFM UPDATES. Expectations gettin higher and higher... :chicken:

It also doesn't seem like it's final KOTFM is really running out of competition.

Cannes Wants Scorsese’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ in Competition: “We’re Waiting on Their Response”

UPDATED: Thierry Fremaux has extended his thoughts on whether we’ll see ‘Killers’ in competition:

Technically and to commend Apple’s decision to release the film in theatres even though the film was selected out of competition, I extended the option for it to be in competition. I invited Marty’s film to premiere out of competition since it was a film for a platform, that was already fantastic. Then Apple said that they would release the film in theatres which was also fantastic. So I said, well in that case, you are welcome in competition, and now we’ll see what their response is. I’ll respect the decision of Martin Scorsese and of Apple.

Fremaux also mentions that the film is “very strong” and even made him cry. Just inject it into my veins already!

EARLIER: It’s not a done deal that Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” will play out of competition.

At today’s press conference, Cannes boss Thierry Frémaux reiterated his desire to have Scorsese’s film play in competition, but added that he’s waiting on Scorsese and Apple to give him the go-ahead.

I imagine this is a diplomatic way for Frémaux to both flatter and pressure Scorsese/Apple by suggesting that the film is competition-worthy.

I don't know who Frémaux is expecting an answer from. He explained that he made the request, obviously Scorsese was informed of it and does not seem opposed to it. So, is the ball on Apple’s court?

Even yesterday, when interviewed by France Inter, Frémaux said he did not to know if it would be in competition for the Palme d’Or.

Source

YES YES YES :woot:

3 hours ago, akatosh said:

Good news. The trailer needs to come out soon! Or at least some stills.. I can't believe we still only got one official still.

Exactly, the promo campaign should unfold with might and main. I can't wait to see all this content, as well as Leo on the red carpet in Cannes (It's been 4 years since he was last time) 😋

Maybe Thierry saw an uncut version? IDK, but I will watch anyway of course, haha. Not sure if in the theater or at home, it will depend if the theater near my city will show the movie, but hopefully in the big screen. 

And yes, we certainly need more stills and at least a teaser soon.