Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

7 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Do you think he bought the jacket? 😄

I think it's possible. His casual style reminds me of Eminem. Eminem also dresses in simple at first glance things that are actually from luxury brands. 

LiljaK & Jade

Tks for more NY pix :) 

See Milano has joined the group 

Jade,  I agree with Liljak's comments about Leo's clothes , they often may seem simple , but they are designer tshirts/jeans ,et 

And for sure the jacket has MET the most important criteria when it comes to Leo's clothes these days = it is BLACK :p 

6 hours ago, oxford25 said:

LiljaK & Jade

Tks for more NY pix :) 

See Milano has joined the group 

Jade,  I agree with Liljak's comments about Leo's clothes , they often may seem simple , but they are designer tshirts/jeans ,et 

And for sure the jacket has MET the most important criteria when it comes to Leo's clothes these days = it is BLACK :p 

Yeah.  I don't know why 😂 I think Kate Winslet loves black too.

142932.jpg Kate-Winslet-wore-tight-black-dress-London-2009-Orange-British.jpg

No, ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ is Not “Nearly 4 Hours”

A Variety report from last week had hinted that Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” runs “nearly 4 hours” which led a few people to email me about its accuracy.

I reached out to ‘Killers’ screenwriter Eric Roth about the runtime, and he plainly stated:

People like to throw out numbers. I find it rather meaningless. Mr. Scorsese's work speaks for itself. I'm just proud to be associated with this remarkable movie.

There is no Indication that it’s close to four hours, but that didn’t stop the news from travelling all over the internet, to the point where it’s now the #1 trending topic on Reddit Movies.

Then you had a slew of notable media outlets reporting on the 4-hour length: here, here, here, here, here ..

It’s not necessarily Variety’s fault either. 3 and a half hours could mean “nearly 4.” Last we heard, Scorsese had a cut of ‘Killers’ that ran for 3 hours and 20 minutes.

I’m not bothered. Length is second fiddle to quality. As Roger Ebert once said “No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.” If you’re an avid movie lover, length won’t matter all that much to you, especially if you’re used to, much like myself, watching double or even triple features at Saturday matinees.

However, Scorsese has been really pushing it with runtimes these last few years. His last three films were all epic in length: “Silence” (161 minutes), “The Wolf of Wall Street” (180 minutes) and “The Irishman” (210 minutes) had monstrous post-production processes.

Initial production on the $200 million budgeted ‘Killers’ wrapped in October of 2021. All of its actors will probably look slightly older when they walk the red steps at cannes next month.

Source

Quentin Tarantino Confirms That His Next Movie Will Be About Film Criticism

A little update on Quentin Tarantino’s “The Movie Critic.” The filmmaker is touring Europe right now, he had a very memorable stop in Paris a week ago, promoting his latest book “Cinema Speculation.”

The latest city was Brescia in Italy, two nights ago. As is accustomed with all his stops, Tarantino participated in a Q&A and, of course, inevitably, the topic of his next film came up.

He went on to again deny the earlier rumors that his last film would be about Pauline Kael, but also mentioned that “The Movie Critic” would be about and revolve around film criticism.

"I'm going to make a film about film criticism, but it won't focus on Pauline Kael, as is rumored."

So, thematically, this next Tarantino is indeed about film criticism, which, as he points out, fits in perfect harmony with his “Cinema Speculation” book. Maybe Kael, Ebert or Sarris will have cameos?

There have been a lot of online theories about the cast of “The Movie Critic”, but we won’t get into that right now, especially since casting hasn’t even begun yet.

What we do know for sure is that it will be shot this fall, the story is set in Los Angeles circa 1977, and the lead protagonist is male. The rest is really anybody’s guess.

What I do hope is that Tarantino manages to send a message to the industry with this one, he hasn’t been shy about his disdain for current movies.

The fact that this new film takes place in the same year as when “Star Wars” was released, a shapeshifting moment for American movies, greed came into the picture, tells me that we might be looking at Tarantino’s scathing indictment of the industry.

Source

7 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

I’m not bothered. Length is second fiddle to quality. As Roger Ebert once said “No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.” If you’re an avid movie lover, length won’t matter all that much to you, especially if you’re used to, much like myself, watching double or even triple features at Saturday matinees.

Same same 💯 

8 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

What we do know for sure is that it will be shot this fall, the story is set in Los Angeles circa 1977, and the lead protagonist is male. The rest is really anybody’s guess.

Where to sign the petition for Leo to take the lead role? 

After AIR being the next big box office bomb people are guessing once again if Leo can save the adult drama genre with KOTFM. @Lilja K most people actually don't think so because of its length.

Ben Affleck’s ‘Air’ Makes $3.7 Million on Opening Day

I know this comment section isn't the ultimate everything but I do wonder the same.

794280682_Screenshot2023-04-09at14-38-08BenAfflecksAirMakes3.7MilliononOpeningDayWorldofReel.thumb.png.823600bd6a158c3bc00e9b73637de0e8.png 558766637_Screenshot2023-04-09at14-41-43BenAfflecksAirMakes3.7MilliononOpeningDayWorldofReel.thumb.png.a72149f1c01f8fc1002b384863c11196.png

Somewhere I read something like if Leo can't do adult dramas anymore he would retire from acting :oh_no: Quite depressing thought.

14 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

After AIR being the next big box office bomb people are guessing if Leo can save the adult drama genre with KOTFM. @Lilja K most people actually don't think so because of the length.

Ben Affleck’s ‘Air’ Makes $3.7 Million on Opening Day

I know this comment section isn't the ultimate everything but I do wonder the same.

794280682_Screenshot2023-04-09at14-38-08BenAfflecksAirMakes3.7MilliononOpeningDayWorldofReel.thumb.png.823600bd6a158c3bc00e9b73637de0e8.png 558766637_Screenshot2023-04-09at14-41-43BenAfflecksAirMakes3.7MilliononOpeningDayWorldofReel.thumb.png.a72149f1c01f8fc1002b384863c11196.png

Somewhere I read something like if Leo can't do adult dramas anymore he would retire from acting :oh_no:

All hopes for Leo's star power🤞🏻

Leo really looks like someone who would rather retire than make a popcorn movie. I wouldn't condemn him for that, although I also understand those who do. These are really bad times for cinema😔

23 hours ago, Lilja K said:

Leo really looks like someone who would rather retire than make a popcorn movie. I wouldn't condemn him for that, although I also understand those who do. These are really bad times for cinema😔

Numbers aren't that bad afterall. Thank god. Will watch the movie on friday in cinema 🍿