Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

wowowowiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot: DA MAN LOOKS BETTER THAN EVER :chicken:   :woohoo:  :woohoo: 

those eyes....OMGGGGGGGGGG....those extraordinary magnetic beautiful eyes  :baronfaint:  :baronfaint:  :baronfaint:  :baronfaint:  :baronfaint:  :baronfaint:  :baronfaint: 

THANKS A MILLION BEAUTIFUL LEO LOVERS 4 da fantastic pix & vids  :flower:  :flower:  :flower:  :flower:  :flower: 

From People's magazine Leo's very sweet comments to Irmelin & George during his SAG speech :heart:

Wish someone would have taken a pix of Leo with his parents

Leonardo DiCaprio Honors Parents While Receiving SAG Foundation Award: I Was 'Blessed' They 'Listened to the Harassment of Their Overly Assertive Son'

leonardo-d-800.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio notched another career high when he was honored with a top industry award Thursday. But he made sure to give props to the key folks who helped get him there: his parents.

"I was blessed with two incredibly supportive parents who listened to the harassment of their overly assertive son and drove him to auditions after school even though they had very little time for it," the multiple Oscar nominee said at the Screen Actors Guild Foundation's 30th anniversary celebration in Los Angeles, where he received the Actors Inspiration Award for his screen work and philanthropic efforts.

"And I'm going to take one moment here because this isn't nationally televised to embarrass both of them, but they're sitting here tonight," DiCaprio, 40, continued. "Mom, Irmelin, George – I would not be receiving this award and I would not be the actor that I am or be able to do any of the philanthropy that this job has given me the opportunity to have, and I wouldn't be the person I am without the both of you, so thank you."

The actor, who spearheads the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, has been instrumental in advocating for and raising awareness of environmental issues. In July, his foundation pledged $15 million in donations to more than 30 organizations focused on environmental causes.

http://www.people.com/article/leonardo-dicaprio-screen-actors-guild-foundation-award?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Jade

Tks for all the Zimbio pix, so many great pix ! Flower%20for%20you.gif

From Vanity Fair some of Leo's SAG speech

About five years ago, I found myself cut off from the world on an island with Leonardo DiCaprio,” Mark Ruffalo told the audience of the Screen Actors Guild Foundation 30th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday night in Beverly Hills. “It wasn’t as sexy as it sounds though, because we had Martin Scorsese watching and criticizing everything we did. That movie is called Shutter Island, and when you are shuttered on an island with Leonardo DiCaprio, you get to learn a lot of interesting things: about all of the endangered species that are left on the planet . . . ways in which we could transition to 100 percent renewable energy . . . models.”

DiCaprio’s epic drama The Revenant—the film that Hollywood insiders speculate could finally clinch the actor an Oscar—has not even reached theaters yet, but DiCaprio was already being presented his first statuette of the nascent awards season—the Actors Inspiration Award at an event also honoring Lee Daniels, Megan Ellison, and Rob Marshall, sponsored by Ralph Lauren and Vanity Fair.

When DiCaprio took the podium, he recalled his scrappy beginnings—far from the yachts, model girlfriends, and other movie-star trappings now associated with him.

“As a young kid living on the east side of Los Angeles, I grew up very much like Nick Carraway, more so than Jay Gatsby,” the actor and activist said, in a nod to his starring role in the 2013 adaptation of the F. Scott Fitzgerald classic. “My childhood was always within and without—living so close to the entertainment industry yet feeling so far from it at the same time. I always saw Hollywood as a place for the elite, the chosen, this Masonic club for which the higher nobles of the acting world might one day reach out and accept me. As if out of the blue, I might be scouted out on the school yard by Mr. Slugworth from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.”

“I do realize how lucky I’ve been,” he continued. “When I was 14 years old, after doing many television commercials, including Matchbox cars and Bubble Yum, I was watching a Robert De Niro movie with my father, when he pointed to the screen and said to me, ‘Son, watch closely because this is what great acting looks like.’ A few years later I found myself on a sound stage playing opposite Robert De Niro [in This Boy’s Life], watching him and learning from him.”

Because the ceremony was not being nationally televised, DiCaprio took a moment to “embarrass” his parents Irmelin and George, who were sitting in the front row, for “listen[ing] to the harassment of their overly assertive son and [driving] him to auditions after school even though they had very little time for it.”

Whether it was because of the relatively intimate feeling of the event, or the fact that audience members graciously resisted using camera phones throughout, other recipients also spoke from the heart, so much so that Ruffalo commented later that he wished all awards ceremonies were “this sweet.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/11/leonardo-dicaprio-sag-foundation-award

Funny comments made by SAG event host James Corden to Leo

And yet, with all of the earnestness onstage, James Corden found a way to infuse a little comic relief by making a public-service announcement before presenting his In the Woods director Rob Marshall with an award.

“If people could stop coming up me and saying, ‘I am really looking forward to seeing The Revenant. I loved you in Titanic,’” the Late Late Show host mock-pleaded. “[DiCaprio and] I look alike but we are very different people.” Pointing to the Oscar-nominated actor in the first row, he added, “And you, stop getting laid off the success of my show.”

Great article with some details about Leo's visit to India.

Leonardo DiCaprio visits Haryana village to see the catastrophic impact of climate change

"DiCaprio visited India last week for a sit-down interview on climate change with CSE. He wanted to understand our perspectives on the issue and discuss how the world should work together to combat catastrophic climate change," the environment NGO said in a release here.

During the meeting, top CSE officials, including its DG, Sunita Narain, discussed that what the world needs is an ambitious and equitable agreement on climate change.

"But that cannot happen unless we are willing to discuss the issue of consumption and lifestyle - US lifestyle has to be negotiable," CSE emphasised.

The discussions took place even as the world is gearing up to reach an agreement on climate change at the Paris Climate meet between November 30 to December 11 with the goal of keeping global warming to below 2 C.

CSE officials later accompanied DiCaprio to Kheladi village in Mewat district of Haryana.

"We wanted DiCaprio to see the impact of unseasonal weather on farmers of our country. In this village, he saw acres of productive farmland that was still under water because of extreme rain that had hit the district in mid- September.

"Farmers said they did not know if this was climate change, but they told DiCaprio, in no uncertain words, that their experience of over 50 years in farming was telling them that there was something new and catastrophic afoot," CSE said.

According to reports, the superstar's visit was part of an upcoming documentary film on climate change. 

Noting that it was a "fascinating and enriching" day for them, CSE said that DiCaprio's deep commitment to environmental change was "evident".

"But what was also clear is that DiCaprio is a celebrity environmentalist with a difference - he is willing to confront difficult and contested questions because he knows only then can we jointly find the resolution to the coming challenge of a climate-risked world," CSE said.

During his visit to the village, DiCaprio also saw women cooking using cow dung and firewood.

"Even in households which had LPG connections, it was too expensive to use and so women continue to cook using these polluting sources," CSE said.

Narain and the superstar also discussed at length the issues of energy poverty and how renewable energy could be the way ahead, but only if the world accepted that it needed to provide funds to make the transition to a clean energy future.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-leonardo-dicaprio-visits-haryana-village-to-see-the-catastrophic-impact-of-climate-change-2142735

LACMA Art & Film Gala tonight honoring his Revenant director Alejandro Inarritu & artist James Turrell

We know typically Leo doesn't walk the red carpet, but do hope we get some inside pix of him before night is over (Y)

Barbie

Tks for Leo/India visit article , it was nice to finally learn more about India's recent visit :)

Also , tks, for more SAG pix

Jade

Tks for SAG video :)