Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Someone asked the tweeter where his wife is eating that she is sitting near Leo

DRJ ‏@davejerg 6m

@jumpguinevere haha! She's at a work dinner at some exclusive place. Guess he's there with some model 3 tables away.

Tweet from person who just got out of Gatsby screening like our lucky Calibi will attend Tuesday

Krishna Vallabhaneni Krishna Vallabhaneni ‏@KillShotKrish 5m

The Great Gatsby is good. Sooooo good! Mind blowing good. If Leo doesn't win an award. I'll kill someone. Toby McGuire even did great.

Excerpt from the New Yorker's David Denby's review of Gatsby

When Luhrmann calms down, however, and concentrates on the characters, he demonstrates an ability with actors that he hasn’t shown in the past. Tobey Maguire, with his grainy but distinct voice, his asexual reserve, makes a fine, lonely Nick Carraway. He looks at Leonardo DiCaprio’s Gatsby with amazement and, eventually, admiration. As Nick slowly discovers that his Long Island neighbor is at once a ruthless gangster, a lover of unending dedication, and a man who wears pink suits as a spiritual project, some of the book’s exhilarating complexity comes through. (The love between Nick and Gatsby is the strongest emotional tie in the movie.) DiCaprio, thirty-eight, still has a golden glow: swept-back blond hair, glittering blue-green eyes, smooth tawny skin. The slender, cat-faced boy of “Titanic” now looks solid and substantial, and he speaks with a dominating voice. He’s certainly a more forceful Gatsby than placid Robert Redford was in the tastefully opulent but inert adaptation of the book from 1974. DiCaprio has an appraising stare and he re-creates Fitzgerald’s description of Gatsby’s charm: that he can look at someone for an instant and understand how, ideally, he or she wants to be seen.

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/cinema/2013/05/13/130513crci_cinema_denby?mbid=social_tablet_t&pink=IeCxaL

greatgatsby2013.png

Tweets from NY Post film critic Lou Lumenick

Lou Lumenick Lou Lumenick ‏@LouLumenick 6h

Luhrmann's jaw-dropping evocation of Jazz Era NYC surprisingly satisfying as drama thanks to stellar work by DiCaprio, Maguire #greatgatsby

Adam Moody ‏@AdmMoody 6h

@LouLumenick Great! I really didn't like the idea of them using modern music, but the trailers made it look like it worked well.

Lou Lumenick Lou Lumenick ‏@LouLumenick 6h

@AdmMoody I was skeptical too, but it fits into the overall concept.

Tweets from two girls who saw Gatsby tonight discussing how Leo looked in scene below

Lauren Bradshaw ‏@flickchickdc 1h

@DCfilmgirl IDK that I can handle that thought right now. Not after the scene of him in that outfit. U know the one #BreathingIntoPaperBag

Lauren Veneziani ‏@DCfilmgirl 1h

@flickchickdc I love that sweater so much!!! He will be handsome forever.

Hey Oxford25, I couldnt agree more with you, by the way great advice that you mom gave to you. That is a very sweet story! :hug:

"Or as a fellow Leo fan has always told me : "Weeks from now you won't even remember what a review said, all you will remember is whether you liked the film or didn't , that is what endures, for you and for all of us.""

That is so true too, all I know is that this is the movie I'm more excited about, since Inception...and all my friends are too! Cant wait to see!you guys reviews! thats the ones I'm waiting for! :ddr:

Anyway, thanks everyone for the reviews and news, its very nice to see that Leo's work is being very praised! He always deserves! :wub::wub:

oxford those tweets make me happy, glad audiences are enjoying it so much!!

...O M G at the pic of him on the floor with all the cushions, are they having some kind of picnic in his castle?? he looks better than ever :woot:

and all the candles reminds me of romeo + juliet :ddr:

Leo leads the ‘Gatsby’ gaiety

The Great Gatsby” already has an eye on next year’s Oscars. Amid a string of starry screenings last week, the film that was once slated to come out last Dec. 25 played for New York Academy members at Lighthouse International, where guests included Meg Ryan, Debra Winger, Sir Howard Stringer, Edgar Bronfman, Darren Aronofsky, Joel Grey and Neil Simon.

On Sunday, the movie heading to open Cannes next week had a pre-Met Ball screening for a fashion-forward crowd, including Katy Perry (who arrived at MoMA with an entourage on bikes and slipped into a side entrance) and Gwen Stefani, who arrived with Dasha Zhukova as her date, designers Vera Wang, Prabal Gurung and Yigal Azrouel and power players David Geffen and David Koch.

Stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan walked the red carpet, but dutiful dad Tobey Maguire chose to attend his son’s birthday instead. Anna Wintour hosted a dinner during the screening for the Met Ball committee, which Mulligan and “Gatsby” costume designer Catherine Martin (director Baz Luhrmann’s wife) hit before appearing at a Top of the Standard after-party, where guests included Oliver Stone and Kristen Wiig, who cracked up VIPs while holding court in a back room.

Also at the Peggy Siegal Co. bash, hosted by MAC Cosmetics and Quintessentially Lifestyle, DJ Brendan Fallis showed off unreleased tunes from the “Gatsby” soundtrack, featuring Jay-Z.

Saturday night, DiCaprio hit another pre-Met Ball bash — Harry Josh’s annual Hair Ball at the Jane Hotel. Some guests blanched when his ex, Gisele Bundchen, and her husband, Tom Brady, arrived. A spy said, “Leo was keeping his distance from Gisele, who was with Tom on the opposite side of the room,” and “Tom came all decked out in a white outfit, looking like Gatsby himself!” But Leo was “surrounded on a couch full of models.” The party also drew Karolina Kurkova, Ron Burkle, Hilary Rhoda, Jason Binn, Tony Shafrazi and Vivi Nevo.http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/leo_leads_the_gatsby_gaiety_Qcgn1CTKP8dvTFu3EaRMiK?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Page%20Six&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I read somewhere today that "movie critics seem to be taking unvarnished glee in savaging the film's blinged-out depictions of Jazz Age excess." and i believe this is true, critics have been waiting to tear Gatsby apart since it was announced - a lot of reviewers have a real hatred of Baz's style, which saddens me.

I'm not going to let the negativity stop my excitement for the movie at all!

Loving more positive audiance reaction :dance: And nice review from the NY Post!

Thanks all!

Leonardo Dicaprio - Leonardo Dicaprio: Fame is pointless

Leonardo Dicaprio finds fame ''empty and pointless''.

Despite being one of the world's most famous actors, the 38-year-old actor shuns the celebrity lifestyle and instead prefers to invest his time and reputed $200 million fortune in charity work.

Speaking to the new UK issue of Grazia magazine, he said: ''The money I've earned has allowed me to involve myself in projects I'm interested in and, above all else, help people who need it. The latter is, without doubt, the best thing about being wealthy.

''You learn, after you've been in the business for a while, that fame is empty and pointless.''

DiCaprio - who plays a self-made millionaire in 'The Great Gatsby' - is keen to keep a low-profile in order to live a normal life away from the showbiz world and admits it helps him to keep a level head.

He explained: ''It's important for me to be in touch with the real world. It helps me as an actor so I live much like I've always been.''

''I don't own boats, or a private jet, or anything that I need staff to take care of. I like to have capital that I can do something productive with.''

http://www.contactmu...intless_3643885

Just saw The Great Gatsby

And i loved it! It was fantastic! Exactly what I wanted. Baz Luhrmann did not disappoint. Nor did any of the cast. Everyone was so spectacular at their job you just wanted to jump in with them. -

eddieredmayne-with-the-red-mane.tumblr

Excerpt from Gatsby review : Gatsby is Good Enough

But as firmly as Gatsby has constructed his persona as a wealthy man of influence, he still harbors insecurity about his personal truth. He is, in fact, a swindler with grandiose dreams, a poor boy who has reinvented himself by coloring outside the lines and bending rules that always seem more flexible for the rich. But he lives in fear of discovery and so that preternatural calm is easily cracked and, eventually, shattered.

DiCaprio plays Gatsby without swagger but with a strength and determination that is that much more poignant when it begins to erode. He captures the sense of a man desperately in love with an image from the past, trying to make this bit of his history into something more substantial than the wispy smoke of memory. When his plan begins to collapse, DiCaprio lets the desperation ooze out, like a sheen of flop sweat that seems to sour everything around it.

DiCaprio’s strength and command carry the movie even when he’s not onscreen, which is fortunate

“The Great Gatsby” isn’t a great film but it is an affecting one, thanks to the depth and breadth of Leonardo DiCaprio’s performance. His Gatsby is still an untrustworthy weasel with delusions of grandeur and a willingness to do almost anything to get what he wants – but his collapse, when that ruthlessness proves his undoing, is that much more moving because of the heft DiCaprio brings to the role. See it for DiCaprio and you won’t be sorry.

http://hollywoodandfine.com/reviews/the-great-gatsby-good-enough/

Another excerpt from review :Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby Makes the Myth into a Man

It also relentlessly pushes in on the titular character: self-made myth Jay Gatsby. And that is the reason you should see the film.

In the midst of all the swooping 3D (meh) and exquisitely detailed sets (woot!), Leonardo DiCaprio’s depiction of Gatsby is sensitive and real. Just as Fitzgerald introduces us to the mask Gatsby presents to the world then peels it away page by page, DiCaprio and Luhrmann start with Gatsby’s facade (that famous smile, lit by fireworks) and then let it fall away scene by scene. We see the longing, the panic, the joy (what’s this? DiCaprio laughing on screen?), the fear, the anger, and most importantly, the hope. In short, they get Gatsby, and they get him right.

http://www.gimmesomefilm.com/baz-luhrmanns-the-great-gatsby-makes-the-myth-into-a-man/

Leo : GMA

Got email from friend that Leo was not on show today; they said he would be there on Friday

I guess all the partying at Met Gala after party made it too hard to get up early this morning :p

Bee Shyuan Chang ‏@BeeShyuanChang 16m

At the after after party #metgala #boomboom Leo di caprio, Jason sudeikis, Kirsten dunst