Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Oxford now you know how I felt, he did it so well that left you wanting more of Calvin, I could watch (as someone said) a movie about this character, and yes Calvin is sexy OMG, the way he looks just turning the eyes :woot: and the scene with the dogs his eyes were so empty, really amazing because we know how his blue eyes work.

Wow awesome news that kate got married. If the story is true, it is very telling how close they truly are if Leo was invited but not kate's parents. They must have wanted to keep it a secret and just now its getting out. I'm impressed by how kate was able to keep it such a secret, wish them the best.

Seems like Leo is headed to Australia:

Dave Brown@DaveBrownUSA

On a private 747 with J .Foxx. Leonardo DiCaprio, @thechrisspencer AND ALL OF Hollywood headed to Australia ! My daughter was suppose 2come

Calibi

Tks for news of Leo heading to Australia :)

As others may recall, it had already been announced that Quentin would attend Django premiere there , but it's too early for that, so I guess they are going over to do press ??

Academy Award®-winner Quentin Tarantino will visit Sydney next month to attend the Premiere of his critically acclaimed new film Django Unchained. The Premiere will be held on the evening of Monday, January 21st at the State Theatre, Sydney.

Stephen Basil-Jones, EVP of Sony Pictures Australia says, “Quentin loves Australia and we’re so pleased he’s making the trip, especially as he’ll be heading our way in the middle of the U.S. Awards season where Django is featuring heavily. The film is extraordinary and we’re honoured to have him present it in Sydney.”

Samuel Jackson talking about working with Leo; I definitely agree they had great rapport on screen !

Samuel L. Jackson developed a “magic” rapport with Leonardo DiCaprio while shooting Django Unchained.

Leonardo portrays brutal plantation owner Calvin Candie in director Quentin Tarantino’s latest film, with Samuel starring as Calvin’s head house slave Stephen.

Samuel was intrigued by the characters’ relationship and insists that although Calvin owns the plantation, it is really Stephen who runs it. Leonardo agreed with the reading and the pair spent a lot of time rehearsing their scenes to get the idea across.

“We developed a rapport very quickly. Having never been in the acting arena together before – we’d seen each other before socially and we knew each other, but it was great to start the rehearsal period with him,” Samuel told flicksandbits.com.

“Sometimes the stuff that happened once we got into costume and make-up and everything else, sometimes that was nothing like what we did in rehearsal, just because the magic of being in that space made it very different. Leo, man, he’s fantastic.”

Jamie Foxx plays Django, a slave who is determined to rescue his wife Broomhilda – portrayed by Kerry Washington – from the people she is working for.

Stephen becomes suspicious of Django, thanks to his strong relationship with Calvin. He has joked the storyline could make him one of the most hated actors around.

“The script was great, so I called [Quentin] back and I was like, ‘So, I’m 15 years too late to play Django, but now you want me to be the most hated negro in cinematic history?’ He’s like, ‘Yeah, that’s the job.’ So I was like, ‘I’m down with that,’” he laughed.

Leo's comments in Today interview Part One ; they ,also, mentioned on show that Leo and Willie showed up dressed in same blue striped shirt/jacket/jeans, and the producers asked Leo to change to the different red shirt.

He's the most deplorable human being I've ever read in a screenplay in my life," DiCaprio told Willie Geist on TODAY Thursday. "He was rotting from the inside. He was, you know, a young Louis the XIV that had been brought into a world of entitlement and lived his life ... essentially owning other people."

DiCaprio has said that he was uncomfortable using the N-word in the film, and told Geist that his co-stars encouraged him to do what was right for the role despite his own feelings. "It was Sam Jackson and Jamie Foxx that said, 'You really have to go all the way with this character

Even filmmaker Tarantino, who created Candie's character, said the plantation owner, who forces slaves to fight to the death, was the first villain he'd written who he didn't like. Still, DiCaprio says he had to take the role.

"It was an incredibly colorful character and I just had to ... I had to play him," DiCaprio told Geist.

The film marks the first collaboration for DiCaprio and Tarantino, and the actor had praise for the "Pulp Fiction" filmmaker. "It really takes a director like Quentin Tarantino to say, 'Look, this is ... the time period that I want to do a film about and I want to go to these extremes,'" DiCaprio said. "'And it's also going to be an incredibly entertaining movie.

DiCaprio also mused on his sudden fame after his "Titanic" role, joking that he should have taken advantage of his fame then to make more films but noting that the success of the film gave him leverage in his career. Still, he says, he doesn't recognize the young man proclaiming himself "king of the world!" on the doomed ship.

"When you see yourself at that age, and I look at some of my earlier films, it's ... you see a different person," he told Geist. "I don't know what would it be like to have a conversation with that young man."

Thanks Joyezz for the Django review. I'm so happy to see that Leo is getting awesome reviews for his character!

Glad you girls are enjoying the movie! I'm for sure going to see it this weekend. We had a major snow storm last night so I'm kinda snowed in haha!

I really enjoyed watching the Today show interview. It was cute how he talked about his young self back during the Titanic days lol. I laughed when the interviewer said they came in dressed the same. :laugh:

I can't keep watching these clips of Django... make me want to see this movie so bad... but still I have to wait until January 18 :cry2:

But I'm loving so much this interview. He looks more cheerful than in the previous interviews (Just personal opinion) :heart:

Thanks Oxford for all the news flowers.gif

Thanks oxford for the Today show links, can't wait to watch it when I get home :D

So thanks as well for that article which explains a bit of what was said.

Also thanks for your response to my question.. so an hour? That's still plenty of Leo to see :clap:

So Leo is apparently heading to Australia for Django press? Guess he didn't get to stay and relax in LA for the whole duration of his wolf break. Well I bet the Aussie press are glad to have Leo in their midst again, they sure had their fun with him last year. Though this time it'll just be a now you see him now you don't kind of trip.

Latest Django box office news ; information regarding opening day audiences

Django Unchained," Quentin Tarantino's western fantasy, is poised to take in an additional $30 million this weekend after starting off with a healthy $25 million from Tuesday and Wednesday screenings.

And although "Django" is the costliest of the Christmas releases -- it cost more than $100 million to make -- the movie should generate strong word of mouth in the coming weeks. The film is playing to a broad audience: 54% of the opening-day crowd was male, 54% was under 35, and roughly 42% was African American.

Perhaps Leo can't be available for that time because of Wolf filming and they decided do some early promotion with Leo and Jamie? I%20dont%20know.gif

Tbh crossed my mind that this trip could be related with visiting Margot hide1.gif but then I thought and Jamie Foxx? ... what he has to do with all this? :nicole: