Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Like christian bale has said. Some of the best movies never got any f*cking oscars!!!!! That is and always will remain the truth.

Of course I hope Leo will get one. But by now we should know, the Academy Awards are a prestigious honor and sure-I watch them and root for my favorites every year. But they are less than defining.

As for Gatsby being postponed, who knows, but I'm disappointed. At least we still have Django to look forward to, which I am muchhhhh more excited about (as I am not too big of a Luhrmann fan but I am in love with Tarantino). Maybe it had to do with press stuff/red carpet stuff for both GG and Django? Considering LEO is a lead in both? They were set to come out around the same time weren't they?

Calibi

Ditto :yes:

Baz Luhrmann's movie Moulin Rouge was suppose to open Christman 2000 and was delayed until summer 2001. What happened? Well the picture went on to grab 8 oscar nominations. Just because the picture was delayed doesn't mean it will not be good. If the film is great the nominations will come in 2014. WB's spent over 100 million dollars to make this movie so I'm sure they want to release it when they believe they will make the most money. December was already packed with too many movies (way too many IMO). I would rather have Baz make the movie he intended to make instead of rushing the film to meet a deadline.

I noticed Erin posted a pic on her twitter and she's back in NY. So Leo must be back and maybe shooting does start tomorrow. Hopefully.

Baz Luhrmann's movie Moulin Rouge was suppose to open Christman 2000 and was delayed until summer 2001. What happened? Well the picture went on to grab 8 oscar nominations. Just because the picture was delayed doesn't mean it will not be good. If the film is great the nominations will come in 2014. WB's spent over 100 million dollars to make this movie so I'm sure they want to release it when they believe they will make the most money. December was already packed with too many movies (way too many IMO). I would rather have Baz make the movie he intended to make instead of rushing the film to meet a deadline.

there are no doubts in my mind that if The Great Gatsby gets nominations/awards, they will be for cinematography, costumes, and perhaps best direction. as for the acting, one can hope leo/carey/tobey will get some attention.

but honestly, all this emphasis on awards (especially with leo) is getting really ridiculous. he has been nominated and has lost plenty of times, but he's still making great films with great, talented people. i'm sure he'd like to win a big award someday (and he will, in due time) but he's doing pretty damn fine without one.

whether or not he has awards shouldn't influence how much people enjoy a film/leo's work/roles. if you LOVE a film and it doesn't win awards, just keep loving the film. it's not like you'll have the oscars or golden globes on your fireplace mantle while you're watching the movie...just forget about the awards!

Calibi

Ditto :yes:

Many of the dramas released in December need award attention to garner an audience, but, if Twitter is any indicator , as well as, various movie blogs, lots of people are anxious to see Gatsby whenever it comes out

Much like when Paramount moved SI , they knew, that wherever they placed it, it would make money, it didn't need award attention to generate interest .

I definitely agree with your first comment below.

Honestly I don't really care about the awards I just want to see a great film. Especially since The Great Gatsby is my all time favorite book. I was pretty much just saying that delaying the film does not mean the movie is not good. The studio always has to prioritize promoting their films and WB has a handful of big films coming out this Fall. They want to release the film when it can make the most money. They would love for their films to get award recognition but ultimately is all about making money. They are in the business of making movies to make money.

Also, tks, for information about Erin/NY :)

Looking at the Wolf extra casting information below , what did the clothes look like that guys wore in the 80's ??

Casting 2 NYC - The Wolf of Wall Street

Male or Female / All Ethnicities, / 18 - 75 /

Seeking SAG-AFTRA men and women to portray Wall Street Types either

8/24 OR 8/25, possible additional date 8/27, 8/28, 8/29 wardrobe

fitting Wednesday 8/8. Looking for men with longer hair, no buzz cuts.

This is a period film set in the 1980s.

I noticed Erin posted a pic on her twitter and she's back in NY. So Leo must be back and maybe shooting does start tomorrow. Hopefully.

there are no doubts in my mind that if The Great Gatsby gets nominations/awards, they will be for cinematography, costumes, and perhaps best direction. as for the acting, one can hope leo/carey/tobey will get some attention.

but honestly, all this emphasis on awards (especially with leo) is getting really ridiculous. he has been nominated and has lost plenty of times, but he's still making great films with great, talented people. i'm sure he'd like to win a big award someday (and he will, in due time) but he's doing pretty damn fine without one.

whether or not he has awards shouldn't influence how much people enjoy a film/leo's work/roles. if you LOVE a film and it doesn't win awards, just keep loving the film. it's not like you'll have the oscars or golden globes on your fireplace mantle while you're watching the movie...just forget about the awards!

Honestly I don't really care about the awards I just want to see a great film. Especially since The Great Gatsby is my all time favorite book. I was pretty much just saying that delaying the film does not mean the movie is not good. The studio always has to prioritize promoting their films and WB has a handful of big films coming out this Fall. They want to release the film when it can make the most money. They would love for their films to get award recognition but ultimately is all about making money. They are in the business of making movies to make money.

we're pretty much on the same page tbh. every movie release time is based on when that specific film will maximize its grossing. like you mentioned about Moulin Rouge!, i have a feeling a baz movie would definitely do better during the summer. perhaps WB felt that pitting Gatsby against all these "serious"/"made for awards" films around xmas would make it seem like a ridiculous joke of a movie. or they just felt it would be more successful during the summer. whatever the reason, i hope we get a new trailer/stills/tv spots between now and next summer to tide us over :(

ox

the suits were handsome back then. jordan/leo is going to look great. i'm more excited to see his 80s hair than i am the suit, actually ;)