Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Martin Scorsese And Leonardo DiCaprio Committing To ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ For August; Red Granite Fully Funding

wolf_20110511074711__120315143810.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Director Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are committing to make The Wolf of Wall Street their fifth collaboration. The film is based on the Jordan Belfort memoir of his days as a hard partying, drug addicted stockbroker who was indicted in 1998 for security fraud and money laundering and served a 22-month federal prison stretch. Shooting will begin August in New York.

The film will be fully financed by Red Granite Pictures, which acquired The Wolf Of Wall Street at the last Cannes Film Festival after Danny Dimbort and Christian Mercuri formed the international sales company. Red Granite got involved early with the just released comedy Friends With Kids, but this really is an opportunity to be put on the map, much the way GK Films did with Gangs of New York and The Aviator. The film will be produced by Scorsese and his production head Emma Tillinger Koskoff as well as Irwin Winkler, DiCaprio and his Appian Way partner Jennifer Killoran, and Alexandra Milchan, who long developed the project before becoming an executive at New Regency. Red Granite chairman/CEO Riza Aziz and vice chairman Joey McFarland will be involved in producing capacities as well. There is no timetable to set a domestic distributor, but Red Granite will certainly sell territories at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival.

Both Scorsese and DiCaprio were in the mix for several big feature projects, but they always wanted to make this film together and finally felt the time was right. The script is by Terence Winter, the exec producer of The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire, and he will polish his script before going into production. Belfort came of age on Wall Street in the ’80s and early ’90s, and his success was undermined by the decadence fueled by the endless money he made in New York at that time. Though a period piece, this tale is all about extravant excess and that certainly resonates with those who mistrust of Wall Street excess after the 2008 financial collapse that was also based on greed.

For Scorsese, this will be his fifth time directing DiCaprio, after Gangs of New York, The Aviator, the Oscar-winning The Departed and Shutter Island. DiCaprio has a ways to go to catch up with the eight seminal films that Scorsese directed with Robert De Niro, but Scorsese and DiCaprio certainly bring out the best in each other. Scorsese is coming off his Oscar-nominated 3D film Hugo, and DiCaprio most recently wrapped the title role in the Baz Luhrmann-directed The Great Gatsby.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/martin-sco..._medium=twitter

ByPrincess

Thanks for Wolf of Wall Street news/filming start date :)

I've read the book and script, and can well see Leo as Jordan in those designer suits :)

Jordan was a drug addict big time , but at same time he had a very charismatic personality which is why people were still drawn to him.

Also, I could see either you or I ( once I dye my hair ) as his blonde haired model wife :p

Audrina

Thanks for Windy City/Erin video clip :)

Thanks audrina for the erin clip. I can't see it though :cry: My computer is having an issue where for the past few months it won't play any videos that are outside of youtube :/ I REALLY wanna see that erin video :cry:

Thanks princess for the "Wolf" news!! :clap: I am sooooo excited for this project :dance:

Article about the Erin interview. Really wish I could see it :heart: Hope somebody will put it up on youtube!

cute article :wub:

Wonder what Mama DiCaprio would have to say about this?

Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend of three months, supermodel Erin Heatherton, stopped by ABC 7 Chicago's Windy City LIVE to chat about the Victoria's Secret Very Sexy tour, but the subject quickly turned to her A-list beau.

And lucky for us, questions are tough to dodge on live TV…

"I do have a dog named Eddie," Erin modestly replied when asked whether she was indeed dating Leonardo DiCaprio.

Way to dodge the question, babe! But why so mum on the status of your relaysh?

After all, this sexy twosome’s been going strong ever since they were first spotted back in December (just after Leo and Blake Lively called it quits).

But don’t think reporters let Erin down so easy, as they quickly show a picture of the couple gazing affectionately at each other and ask her to set the record straight, to which Erin coyly says, “What we’re here to talk about today is the Very Sexy tour.”

But even though gal looks stunning with her light blond locks and dewy skin, it's totally obvious Erin’s awfully uncomfortable and does not want to discuss the status of her relaysh.

Could it be because this couple’s stronger than ever before?

We think so, as it seems this leggy blonde has found her match in the model-lovin' actor. Whether the couple's zip-lining in Mexico (along with Mama Irmelin DiCaprio!) or attending A-list Hollywood soirees, this fine-lookin' duo's quickly proving they are more than a jet-setting fling (à la Blake Lively).

Plus, Erin so has the stamp of approval from Leo's mom (if those adorable Mexico pics are any indication), and it's no secret that support from Irmelin means mucho in the eyes of the hunky actor.

Hmm…will Erin be the one to tame the long legs-lovin' playboy?

They do take awfully cute family pics.

http://www.eonline.com/news/the_awful_trut...mp;dlvrit=62364

Another article about the wolf of wall street.

After some stops and starts, it seems that Martin Scorsese's "The Wolf of Wall Street" is in full "go" mode with his longtime leading man, Leonardo DiCaprio, locked in to star.

According to Deadline, the film has yet to nail down a timeline for when it will shoot and get distribution, but DiCaprio and Scorsese felt that now was the right time to get cracking on the flick. The two have been trying to get it into production since 2007, but they separated to work on their own high-profile projects before deciding to work together again.

At one point, Ridley Scott had been attached to direct the film, but that later shifted back to Scorsese.

The film is based on the tell-all memoir written by Jordan Belfort, a drug-, sex- and alcohol-addicted stockbroker who landed in prison for refusing to cooperate in a 1990s securities fraud case. It's a steamy story of his fall from a 20-something multimillionaire to a 30-something federal convict banned from the securities business for life. The film would focus on Belfort's relationship with an FBI agent and his attempt to make him into an informant.

In addition to their roles as director and actor, Scorsese and DiCaprio will also serve as producers on the film. Writer Terence Winter, known for his work with "The Sopranos" and "Boardwalk Empire," is reportedly cleaning up the script before the film goes to production.

This marks the fifth collaboration for Scorsese and DiCaprio, who have worked together in the past on "Gangs of New York," "The Aviator," "The Departed" and "Shutter Island."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681139/w...-dicaprio.jhtml

thanks princess and kat for the info about Wolf of wall street, I'am glad to know Leo and Marty will work together again, and seems will be great. But Marty said his next movie would be Sinatra... I didn't understand. Anyway, sincerely I prefer the story of Wolf, hehe.

Hello girls!! :wave:

I'm glad to know that Leo will make another film in partnership with Scorsese! :)

Another great role?Yes, I can smell it in the air! :laugh:

Cute Erin and Leo together... :wub: . I totally agree with the term "hunkalicious"! :laugh:

Tks for articles!