Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

not that sure about her face, need better pics ;)

Ehh :/ You mean like pictures with photoshop??? :laugh:

Barbie

are you sure it's his body guard? Because looks alot thiner than him, that's why i thought it was Leo.

Pretty sure... look at him at this pic...

556425150_821862_leo_039_s_new_woman_122_443lo.jpg

has the same clothes

Leonardo DiCaprio has joined the growing list of celebrities who are also startup investors. The first startup to benefit from both his following and pocketbook is visual social media platform Mobli, which announced Tuesday that DiCaprio was part of a $4 million seed round that it raised from “high profile investors.”

“Mobli allows people from all over the world to share moments,” says DiCaprio, who will take on an advisory position at Mobli.

Here’s how Mobli works: Users take photos and videos and the app automatically tags each image with a location (courtesy of Foursquare’s API) or major event in the vicinity. Users can also write tags like “sports” or “football” or “New York Giants.” This tagging system makes it possible to follow specific users, locations and topics. Images for any keyword or place can also be located through search.

Part of what separates Mobli from other visual social media platforms is the participation of “high-profile” folks like DiCaprio. Well-known users like Paris Hilton and David Arquette have helped user acquisition — and now that Mobli is being more specific about what kind of investors stand behind it, it’s easier to understand how the startup might have gained such influential users.

DiCaprio uses the platform, but sparingly. He’s posted seven times, but managed to collect more than 8,000 followers along the way. The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, an environmental organization, has posted 24 times.

With celebrities and social media platforms, however, a little seems to go a long way. For instance, Justin Bieber — who has been doing some startup shopping of his own — sent a single Instagram photo on Twitter and created a wave of traffic that resembled a pattern a site might experience if it were being hacked.

In DiCaprio’s case, his and his organization’s combined 31 Mobli posts have accounted for 163,244 “media views” on Mobli. There are non-celebrities using the platform — Mobli says that it is gaining 10,000 new users every day — and many of them have more media views than DiCaprio. Few, however, have earned them with so little effort.

Twitter itself benefited greatly from the influence of celebrity early adopters who it didn’t count among its investors.

When the next Twitter comes along, the celebrities whose influence help build it might very well have skin in the game.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Lukas Haas, another investor, at Mobli’s offices.

TAGS: celebrity investors, Leonardo Dicaprio, Mobli, Startups

Leonardo DiCaprio has joined the growing list of celebrities who are also startup investors. The first startup to benefit from both his following and pocketbook is visual social media platform Mobli, which announced Tuesday that DiCaprio was part of a $4 million seed round that it raised from “high profile investors.”

“Mobli allows people from all over the world to share moments,” says DiCaprio, who will take on an advisory position at Mobli.

Here’s how Mobli works: Users take photos and videos and the app automatically tags each image with a location (courtesy of Foursquare’s API) or major event in the vicinity. Users can also write tags like “sports” or “football” or “New York Giants.” This tagging system makes it possible to follow specific users, locations and topics. Images for any keyword or place can also be located through search.

Part of what separates Mobli from other visual social media platforms is the participation of “high-profile” folks like DiCaprio. Well-known users like Paris Hilton and David Arquette have helped user acquisition — and now that Mobli is being more specific about what kind of investors stand behind it, it’s easier to understand how the startup might have gained such influential users.

DiCaprio uses the platform, but sparingly. He’s posted seven times, but managed to collect more than 8,000 followers along the way. The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, an environmental organization, has posted 24 times.

With celebrities and social media platforms, however, a little seems to go a long way. For instance, Justin Bieber — who has been doing some startup shopping of his own — sent a single Instagram photo on Twitter and created a wave of traffic that resembled a pattern a site might experience if it were being hacked.

In DiCaprio’s case, his and his organization’s combined 31 Mobli posts have accounted for 163,244 “media views” on Mobli. There are non-celebrities using the platform — Mobli says that it is gaining 10,000 new users every day — and many of them have more media views than DiCaprio. Few, however, have earned them with so little effort.

Twitter itself benefited greatly from the influence of celebrity early adopters who it didn’t count among its investors.

When the next Twitter comes along, the celebrities whose influence help build it might very well have skin in the game.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Lukas Haas, another investor, at Mobli’s offices.

TAGS: celebrity investors, Leonardo Dicaprio, Mobli, Startups

post-45017-1319566186_thumb.jpg

thanks Wijn for the Mobli article

I know that someone mentioned something about that before, but to be honest is that I had no clue what she was talking :cain:

something else

I have the impression that this pic was taken the day he was in new york with lukas back in July ;)

th_566461391_Leanoardo_DiCaprio_and_Mobi_staff_122_45lo.jpg

post-51835-0-1446081146-72912_thumb.jpg

maybe is a coincidence :p

LOL princess you're hilarious!!! She's only 23 but in her pics she looks much older. !

Lauren, Someone from the other forum post a link of her pics and I had to admit that she looks very pretty.

http://www.showbiz.ro/monden/8069812-madal...lia-poze/foto13

LOVE Sheldon! Bazinga

Me too, by_princess! Penny, Penny, Penny :laugh::laugh::laugh: . The Big Bang Theory is awesome.

Thanks marifrancs for the pics from the set.

Thanks Lauren for the info about the model.

Thanks oxford by the tweets and also for the comments about Leo from Naomi Watts and Peter Bart. I loved this line...

J. Edgar (superbly played by Leonardo DiCaprio)

And thanks benny for more pics.

Leo and Stevie...

thanks benny - he looks GORGEOUS! http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?act...&id=1451471

Thank you all sooooo much for various pics, news and articles!!!

And don't know about this girl yet. They were only seen together this one day, so thats not enough proof for me, yet. I was looking at her older pics, she actually has a model thread here on BZ, but she looks very pretty and looks like shes mostly a lingere and swimsuit model. Although when I looked at recent pics of her, it looks like she has some lip filler :/ shes till pretty though.

I was wondering. Am I the only one who thinks she looks alot like Irina Shayk?? They look like they could be sisters!!! come to the conclusion they must be twins or something :p

Heres her thread!

http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?sho...6082&st=280

Solange|

Peter Bart used to be main entertainment writer for Variety:)

Lauren

Thanks for Mobli article and pix:)

Remembering Leo using that to tweet the new j Edgar stills

Nanda and Benny

Thanks for great Stevie wonder pix:)

Barbie

Love the Stevie Wonder look as well.Leo looks just like Jack Dawson in that photo.I can't wait to see the J Edgar premiere pix with that look:)

By Princess

thanks for the assorted articles :)

I was wondering. Am I the only one who thinks she looks alot like Irina Shayk?? They look like they could be sisters!!! come to the conclusion they must be twins or something :p

[/quote

That's what I thought too!

Hello :wave: Thanks everyone for all the news. :hug:

That story of Leo demanding coffee on set/ not making friends was so ridiculous that it was comical. I can picture Leo and his co-stars/ friends having a big laugh over that one :laugh:

In regards to Peter Bart's comment about Leo's performance being superb... you don't know how much joy that brought me!!! That was just a delight to read and I hope the positive comments progress!! My hopes are sky high at the moment.

.... woo hoo to all the new Leo pics!! The batch where he is wearing the green shirt are my fav ... even more specifically the pics of him sans hat and with hat backwards are even more drool worthy. :drool:

Soooo great to see him introduce Stevie Wonder!! I was wondering if he'd go to the concert! That pic of him with Stevie Wonder reminds me of a more mature, sexier version of him in his Romeo and Juliet days.. it's that hair :sighhhh: :p

When I first saw that pic of Madalina in the bikini... I was thinking yikes her face is kind of unfortunate looking lol. Though seeing other pics of her she is actually very attractive.. she really looks like Irina Shayk with a mix of Angelina Jolie. Way too early to place a label on what her relationship to Leo is right now....... so I won't lol.

Thanks again everybody for the news, pics, tweets etc!!!

Hello sweeties!!

Well,well...Leo and a new lady around? :whistle: Another model? :laugh: Let's do one thing,let's just wait and chill out!hehe

I will not give any opinion on it because I dont want to take a chance! :laugh: I think time will tell us....

Leo looks gorgeous in pics! His hair is sooo blonde and shiny. :wub: Tks girls!!!