Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Some overlaps, I know. But a little details;

In the extravagant nature of Jay Gatsby himself, Baz Luhrmann's 3D film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel is once again upping the level of grandeur and star power to an even higher level. Even if you don't quite realize it yet.

Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures announced the beginning of production on Luhrmann's Australia-based adaptation of "The Great Gatsby," touting stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays Gatsby; Tobey Maguire, who plays Nick Carraway; Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton, who play Daisy and Tom Buchannan; and Isla Fisher, as well. That's a lot of Hollywood experience, indeed, but all their films put together can't come close to touching the filmography of their latest co-star.

Buried deep in the studios' press release was the news that Amitabh Bachchan was added to the cast, to play Meyer Wolfsheim, shadowy gambler and troublemaker. It's a small role, but a significant development. Bachchan is one of the most revered actors in Indian history, a king of Bollywood with unparalleled success. He's received countless Filmfare Award nominations -- India's equivalent to the Academy Awards -- and has taken home 11 of those trophies.

Bachchan's filmography boasts over 175 films since he began his career in the late 1960s, and he even was elected to public office for a number of years in the mid-1980s. At the age of 70, this will be his first Hollywood movie, and should significantly expand the international audience for the $125 million production.

As for the rest of the cast, Edgerton recently told The Huffington Post that they've been undergoing some serious education to get ready for to take on the all-time classic novel, which is set in the 1920s.

"I've got research materials on every angle of the movie, from the crime of the era to... books on the Yale football club, because Tom is the star quarterback," Edgerton said. "I've been playing polo, we've got reams of music from the era and pictures and all sorts of documentaries and stuff. Baz likes to surround you 360 degrees in the world of the movie."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/07/t...n_n_951778.html

Joan Rivers of E's Fashion Police and Red Carpet mentions Leo

Joan is also unimpressed with the calibre of males in Hollywood at the moment. The television personality does have a soft spot for Leonardo DiCaprio and George Glooney though.

"When Cary Grant, Robert Mitchum and Rock Hudson walked in you knew they were there. And today these skinny men with big heads come bobbing down the red carpet you go, 'Who the hell is that?'

"Leonardo DiCaprio and George Glooney have great star presence."

Solange

I love the photos you posted, thanks :)

Winterborne

Thanks for Gatsby pix, as Wijn mentioned, we never get tired of looking at handsome Jay Gatsby:)

Wijn

Thanks for news regarding another "Gatsby" cast member . :)

From Sydney's Daily Telegraph

post-52324-0-1446088830-27261_thumb.jpg

FILMING has finally begun on Baz Luhrmann's ambitious 3D remake of F Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby and it seems headline star Leonardo DiCaprio has wasted no time jumping straight into character for the title role.

Snapped in full New York jazz-age regalia, DiCaprio was snapped zooming around the Fox Studios set in a golf buggy yesterday on the second day of the 17-week shoot.

Luhrmann shed light on the flick in an official statement though his company Bazmark Films yesterday, describing the project as a "challenge" and "adventure".

"Fitzgerald's story defies time and geography. The vision and goal of our remarkable cast and creatives is to do justice to the deftness of Fitzgerald's telling and illuminate its big ideas and humanity. This is our challenge and adventure," he said.

J Edgar trailer release possible next Warners' announcement ?

I wonder that now since Warners has announced what film festival J Edgar will be shown, which ,also, means when the US premiere will be, that ,maybe, the next step is the release of the J Edgar trailer.

Warners' next big film release is "Contagion" , so , maybe this Friday 9/9 will be premiere of J Edgar trailer. :)

I know that sometimes this talk about Oscar sucks and that Leo don't need one to prove that he's so talented and a great actor, but still I feel so proud of him and happy for him when I hear this kind of things: not because it's about Oscar, but this mean that he gave another amazing performance and possibly he can be recognize for this.

source there told me that it is definitely 3-time nominee DiCaprio’s best shot to finally take an Oscar

thanks aomg and ox. for the articles.

grosby group now put the pics of that girls trying to make pics of Leo, soooooo funny. Also have Tobey and Carey running again...

Leonardo DiCaprios Young Stalkers

Sydney, Sept 03-04 2011 Girls (on surfboards & boat) wait outside the eco-mansion Australian home of Leo to catch a glimpse of the star!

http://www.grosbygroup.com/e-photo/cgi-bin...dades-Novidades

Yeah Barbie!! I do want to see this trailer as soon as possible,cant wait anymore!

Solange,I loved the gif you posted about our sexy Danny Archer! :wub: Tks for the articles girls! :flower:

Here there's another sexy gif of my sexy Archer and Leo! :laugh:

igdxef.gif

Lovveeee J.Edgar is opening during AGI fest! :clap: this is soo exciting, and alot of good movies get shown there ;) Also lovve the rumor that J.Edgar trailer may be preimiering during the Contagion film on September 9th. Fingers crossed it does, because its only a few days away :p

Also impressive the Shark fin ban was approved! Nice for Leo, and the sharks!

I'm already getting gitty for more gatsby pics! :D

And I THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING THINGS UPDATED FOR ME :grouphug:

Awww I think we know who made her summer good! Here take a look! :heart:

Blake Lively may have started her romance with Leonardo DiCaprio while in France, but it seems that isn’t all she did there.

Lively opened up to Japan’s ‘Movie Star’ magazine about having the best summer ever in France, states UsMagazine.com. “I went to Le Cordon Bleu for a few days a few months ago,” Lively commented, adding that she also studied French while there.

“It was an amazing trip I will never forget — a dream come true, and so many amazing memories made,” Lively gushed, possibly alluding to her romance with DiCaprio.

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/09/07/bl...mmer-in-france/