Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

@oxford25, Anthony Mackie is a brilliant idea, I think he was out of the running becuase he is already busy doing 'Gangster Squad" with Seann Penn and Ryan Gosling. But I agree he is a brilliant actor and much better than that misogynist Jamie Foxx.

I think we all know that if Leo wanted a star he could get one.. this article shows the reasonings behind getting a star. To me it doesn't seem like leo's kind of thing so no wonder he doesn't have one ;)

Why is Vin Diesel getting Hollywood star before Leonardo DiCaprio?

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce released a list of the celebrities that will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012, including Vin Diesel, Jennifer Aniston and Kate Winslet. Who hasn’t received a star? Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert Redford, among others!

Is Vin Diesel a bigger star than Leonardo DiCaprio? It appears the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce thinks so!

The Walk of Fame honorees for 2012 have just been announced. "These individuals were chosen from among hundreds of nominations to the committee at a meeting held on June 17, 2011 and ratified by the Chamber's Board of Directors," the announcement from the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce reads.

Those that will be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012 include Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson, Kate Winslet, John Lasseter, Valerie Bertinelli, Matt Groening, Mariska Hargitay, Patricia Heaton, Marg Helgenberger, Adam West, Boyz II Men, David Foster, Vince Gill, Jennifer Lopez, Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, and Vin Diesel.

This is a distinguished and, for the most part, much-deserved list of celebrities to receive a star. However, why have A-list stars like Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Al Pacino and Robert Redford not yet received a star on the Walk of Fame?

The LA Times reports there are a number of reasons why hot celebrities do not have a star, including they may not want one! Also, they must be nominated, selected and agree to attend and pay for the ceremony. They must also be "in their field" for at least five years, leaving many Hollywood newcomers off the list.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/arti...onardo-dicaprio

I don't know if this is official, but Variety is usually a reputable source.

Posted: Wed., Jun. 22, 2011, 3:27pm PT

Tarantino unchains Django: It's Foxx

Foxx will play a freed slave who teams up with a German bounty hunter

By Jeff Sneider

After a month-long casting search, Quentin Tarantino has found his next leading man, tapping Jamie Foxx to star in "Django Unchained," sources close to the production tell Variety.

Foxx will play the title role of Django, a freed slave who teams up with a German bounty hunter to take on an evil plantation owner in order to retrieve his long-lost love, Broomhilda. For that role, Kerry Washington -- who played opposite Foxx in "Ray" -- has met with Tarantino, though she's one of a handful in the mix.

CAA, which reps Foxx, had no comment on the casting.

Leonardo DiCaprio has been set as the sadistic slavemaster Calvin Candie, while Tarantino's "Inglourious Basterds" star Christoph Waltz will play Django's friend and mentor. Samuel L. Jackson is also expected to play Stephen, Candie's right-hand man.

The Weinstein Company will distribute the pic stateside, while Sony Pictures will handle the release overseas.

Tarantino originally offered the role of Django to Will Smith, who passed on the sure-to-be controversial part. Tarantino then met with Idris Elba, Terrence Howard and Chris Tucker in recent weeks before settling on Foxx.

Foxx got his start as a comedian "In Living Color" and won an Oscar in 2005 for playing musician Ray Charles in Taylor Hackford's biopic "Ray." Thesp will soon be seen as a murderous mentor in the comedy "Horrible Bosses," and will further flex his funnybone in drag as the star and scribe of "The Skank Robbers." Foxx is repped by CAA and King Management.

Contact Jeff Sneider at [email protected]

Variety

EDIT:

Barilace, I agree with most of what you said about PR. They need to know when to pull their punches and not force the issue. I understand that sometimes they can't help but respond, like when the tabloids make up stories and they catch fire on the internet (a common tactic used to pressure an official response), but sometimes their response to the falsehoods and rumors is so over the top itself that it defeats the purpose.

katchitup, Pami, oxford, I agree with all of you. To compare Leo's personal life to Nicholson, Clooney, et. al and say it's going to hurt his career while in the same breath ignoring the great success Nicholson, Clooney, et. al have had in terms of awards, box office, and respect from their peers doesn't make sense.

It's probably just my bias against Blake's crazy PR team that makes me have this feeling of "eh, this is weird" at times in regards to Leo and Blake's relationship. But oh well. :)

Totally agree with you. Leslie Sloan Zelnick is just going overboard but she is known in the industry as being very in aggresive.

@Nanda just for the record Anna MAria JAgodzinska is a very successfull model, she is much more successfull in the fashion industry than Bar ever was, she of course is no Gisele but she has been on the cover of American Vogue and countless other high end fashion magazines, she also is the face of many high end brands.

We have agreed not to bash any of Leo's girls here so please do not bash Anna. :wave:

It seems I was misunderstood here. I didn't speak badly of her in no time, because to speak ill of a person you first have to know who this person is. I just said that never heard anything about her, simply because I don't follow the fashion world closely, and that I (yes, my opinion) think Bar more beautiful than Anna (now I know who she's, because I had a reason to search ). I didn't say it sucks, has no talent or anything else. Very good that she's successful model (which grows more and more), I don't care... It doesn't matter who he dates, since he's happy.

I didn't get the impression Nanda was bashing blink.gif

Exactly... thanks, fash.

But no problem, Ivon. I agree that not to "bash" any of Leo's girls :wave: .

Hey i'm just curious if anyone knows who the girl in this pic is? I used to think it was Kristen Zang before but looking closer it doesn't look like her.

I'm just curious if anyone knows...

post-42953-0-1446088400-06117_thumb.jpg

I thought it was Kristen Zang too, but your right, the closer I look it doesn't look like her!!! I wonder who she is too! :p

Hey i'm just curious if anyone knows who the girl in this pic is? I used to think it was Kristen Zang before but looking closer it doesn't look like her.

I'm just curious if anyone knows...

post-40197-0-1446088401-60125_thumb.jpg

I thought it was Kristen Zang too, but your right, the closer I look it doesn't look like her!!! I wonder who she is too! :p

Ok so i'm not losing it lol :p

Anyways, Leo sure seems to have disapeared :whistle:

I think the Hollywood star thing is something that is up to the star (unless they are dead, in which case, probably the relatives) as well as the people in charge of it of course. In Leo 's case, of course, he could have a star now if he wanted since lots lesser actors have one.

Re. PR talk, all people in the public eye have PR working for them. We can all speculate about how stars' PR people handle and use the media but it is all speculation in the end. I think even if you are the richest and most famous, a star still cannot manipulate the media or the public if something really scandalous is occurring (see Tiger Woods /Kobe Bryant, etc). And smart stars realize that it comes off worse when you are caught lying or deceiving the public than what they are trying to hide in the first place.

I agree with the people who say who Leo dates really has no affect on his chances at acting awards or honors or his career unless it was something really bad -some people thought Meg Ryan 's career went downhill after there was the situation with Russell Crowe while she was married to Dennis Quaid. So unfair that one, cuz she got blamed while Russell did not seem to be affected but that is one of the rare cases that I can think of where something like that has affected someone's career - I think her career was going a bit downhill anyway at that point (because of her age) so maybe that "scandal" really was not the main cause of her career sort of drying up.

The Hollywood star thing in my opinion is nothing more than a game of interests. Not all who are there really deserved that star, or their names recorded for eternity.

It's kinda funny to think how a superstar like Leonardo doesnt have his name over there! I always made these same questions and never found an answer for that,but I think now everything is clear when we see stars like Vin Diesel <_< having his name out there!

Pami This part of the article gives a good explanation of why leo doesn't have a star.... he may simply just not want one and doesn't want to pay for a ceremony and have all that unnecessary attention on him.

"The LA Times reports there are a number of reasons why hot celebrities do not have a star, including they may not want one! Also, they must be nominated, selected and agree to attend and pay for the ceremony."

Pami This part of the article gives a good explanation of why leo doesn't have a star.... he may simply just not want one and doesn't want to pay for a ceremony and have all that unnecessary attention on him.

"The LA Times reports there are a number of reasons why hot celebrities do not have a star, including they may not want one! Also, they must be nominated, selected and agree to attend and pay for the ceremony."

Yes,that's why i say game of interests,in other words,you have to pay for it!hehe

Tks anyway FashionDream! :hug:

Pami Now i get what you mean hehe!! :wave:

Do you guys remember this woman? She saw leo at the Lakers game one time and leo said he loved her show hehe. I think this woman is a little biased but its interesting to hear her opinion!!! But of course she's right about Bar always coming back in to the picture.. I actually wouldn't mind if he got back with Bar but things just seem different this time around.

‘Millionaire Matchmaker’ thinks Lively, DiCaprio won’t last

By: Molly Sullivan

HollywoodNews.com: Although Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio seem pretty into each other, ‘Millionaire Matchmaker’ star Patti Stanger doesn’t think it will last.

Stanger does think it’s always possible that it would work, but she thinks this pairing is a “flash in a pan,” states TooFab. Part of the reason she doesn’t think it will work is that she isn’t sure Bar Refaeli is really out of the picture.

“She always seems to surface,” Stanger commented, adding that she hopes they end up together.

Who do you think Leonardo DiCaprio will end up with?

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/06/22/mi...prio-wont-last/

Pami Now i get what you mean hehe!! :wave:

Do you guys remember this woman? She saw leo at the Lakers game one time and leo said he loved her show hehe. I think this woman is a little biased but its interesting to hear her opinion!!! But of course she's right about Bar always coming back in to the picture.. I actually wouldn't mind if he got back with Bar but things just seem different this time around.

‘Millionaire Matchmaker’ thinks Lively, DiCaprio won’t last

By: Molly Sullivan

HollywoodNews.com: Although Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio seem pretty into each other, ‘Millionaire Matchmaker’ star Patti Stanger doesn’t think it will last.

Stanger does think it’s always possible that it would work, but she thinks this pairing is a “flash in a pan,” states TooFab. Part of the reason she doesn’t think it will work is that she isn’t sure Bar Refaeli is really out of the picture.

“She always seems to surface,” Stanger commented, adding that she hopes they end up together.

Who do you think Leonardo DiCaprio will end up with?

With me! LOL Just kidding...

I can see some people is cheering for Bar hehe,i always say i just want him to be happy and you?

lol good one Pami :rofl:

Yeah to me it doesn't matter who he is with hehe. It's never bothered me who he dates. Leo knows whats best for him and whatever makes him happy makes him happy lol

I would say..."whatever makes him happy,makes us happy". hehe

Where's everybody? :unsure: I mean,just you and me here?hehe

An interview of Leo on Tonight Show with Jay Leno in 2004 I think, promoting The Aviator. I don't know if some of you already saw it or not but I think it's a very nice interview: he mention how a little indian recognize him in the middle of the rainforest in Brazil and he couldn't believe it, it's pretty funny.

http://www.dicapriomedia.com/videos/187/the-aviator-inteview

thanks to simplyleonardodicaprio.com

lol good one Pami :rofl:

Yeah to me it doesn't matter who he is with hehe. It's never bothered me who he dates. Leo knows whats best for him and whatever makes him happy makes him happy lol

I would say..."whatever makes him happy,makes us happy". hehe

Where's everybody? :unsure: I mean,just you and me here?hehe

I think Leo no longer loves Bar, he is no longer interested in her.

Unlike the previous break he continues his life sharing special time with other women.

Blake, Anna ... I think he is very clear about his feelings and Bar is no longer part of them.