Bellazon

Football

goose

The Argentina-Holland game was boring :sleep: They both rested some key players, and neither team wanted to lose

RVN has not looked good at all, I thought he'd be scoring at will in order to prove something to Sir Alex :idk:

But the Ivory Coast-Serbia game was great :woot: I'm so happy Ivory Coast got a win :)

'Twas rather boring, though if I had to decide a winner it'd be Argentina. They were more menacing and got to the final 3rd, unlike the Dutch, who didn't really produce much <_<

And RVN has been really quiet...I'm not sure why, but maybe it's because there's no direct suppy line for him to feed off? :idk: Even when they crossed into the box I didn't notice him. If he's playing hide-and-seek, he's doing a mighty fine job :p

Edited by red_ed

formations aren't about numbers, they're about the players. when I was in college, we had two mids that couldn't score for crap but they were amazing tacklers... weren't tall enough to defend but had great speed. thus they were used as DMs. since we had two, we had to have a formation around that.

sure, we could have used them as MCs in 442, but that's a waste, since we had good wingers as well. so we had like a 3-2-2-1-2. a centreback, two D's on the sides that swept wide, 2 DM's, 2 wings, an AMC and 2 strikers. we were unstoppable until one of the DM's went down and we went to a 442.

hell yes for ivory coast..they can leave the stadium and germany with their heads held up high..that was a really great game they played!

"red, white and blue..will they be able to pull through?"

ahhhhhhhours away from ghana vs. usa game.. :bouncy:

:)

I'm looking forward to Argies-Dutchies. :p

blah blah blah..i hate argentina period i am sorry..actuallly wait i am not lol i was actually on the netherlands side..

0-0..surprised me a bit..i thought those argentineans would have 1 or 2 goals on them <_<

so, Dream Angel, what do you think of Fernando Torres? :whistle:

*puts on diving gear*

well the most obvious..he's pretty cute..best looking on spains team :laugh: lol no but for real i think he's a very good player individually..he's really aware of where he is during the match..and i won't be denial..he is impressive with his goals..what like 5 or 6 goals in 11 matches for qualifying..and he has to be one of the top scorers in the world cup so far.

^

the absurd are the #2 team in the world :ninja: italy should be worried!

I am very worried about the Czechs :unsure: Italy better smarten up and play a lot better than they did against the US, otherwise they're going home :o

i am actually rooting for the italians!

it would mostly suck because then usa would not make it to the round of 16 :/ lol

formations aren't about numbers, they're about the players. when I was in college, we had two mids that couldn't score for crap but they were amazing tacklers... weren't tall enough to defend but had great speed. thus they were used as DMs. since we had two, we had to have a formation around that.

sure, we could have used them as MCs in 442, but that's a waste, since we had good wingers as well. so we had like a 3-2-2-1-2. a centreback, two D's on the sides that swept wide, 2 DM's, 2 wings, an AMC and 2 strikers. we were unstoppable until one of the DM's went down and we went to a 442.

Don't get me wrong, if they play a 4-3-2-1 because it's better for their players, that's fine by me. I was just ranting randomly because I don't like the formation in general, regardless of the players. I believe in using width, whereas the typical Xmas Tree template provides a somewhat defensive approach, and attacking through the centre.

I assume if you were a manager you'd probably play a formation to your team's strengths?

oh my fucking fucking god

;alskdjf;laksdflk;d :angry: HOW THE FUCKIN HELL IS THAT A PENALTY KICK..YEAH EITHER YOU ARE SHITTING ME OVER OR THE REFERREE IS BLIND!@#?$@#$#@$#$@!#$@#$@

a;lskdfja;lskskskskskskskskskskskskskj :angry: urghasdlk

ghana's team is dirty as hell

they frickin cheaters and fakers..what bitches!

they dive for that ball, #7 elbows like hell, oh and defending they dont have a fuckin clue what defending is..all they do is get fouls and get yellow cards.

thank god italy is ahead of czech republic

1-0

italy vs. czech

2-1

ghana vs. italy

i am like fuming..i have fire coming through my ears i am so fucking pissed :angry:

oh my fucking fucking god

;alskdjf;laksdflk;d :angry: HOW THE FUCKIN HELL IS THAT A PENALTY KICK..YEAH EITHER YOU ARE SHITTING ME OVER OR THE REFERREE IS BLIND!@#?$@#$#@$#$@!#$@#$@

a;lskdfja;lskskskskskskskskskskskskskj :angry: urghasdlk

ghana's team is dirty as hell

they frickin cheaters and fakers..what bitches!

they dive for that ball, #7 elbows like hell, oh and defending they dont have a fuckin clue what defending is..all they do is get fouls and get yellow cards.

thank god italy is ahead of czech republic

1-0

italy vs. czech

2-1

ghana vs. italy

i am like fuming..i have fire coming through my ears i am so fucking pissed :angry:

the superpippo goal :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gilardino off :drool: :drool:

toni off :laugh: :laugh:

pippo goal :drool: :drool:

I have a feeling that the US's draconian politics are being taken out on the footie team by the refs in this tourney. everyone hates the US at this point, poor US players...

????? u.s. players have nothing to do this maybe except for landon donovan..where the hell was he..BRUCE ARENA IS THE WORST COACH..you know what he had faith in his team but wtf even in teh games with czech republic..okay italy game they were performing but i mean hes a coach known to take chances..and we were not doing that at all..and there were not enough forwards in this game..and i mean they made subs so late in the game..and like god i was teary eyed after that. It's over..i am gone stick a fork in me.

I know the players have nothing to do with it. just that the rest of the world wants to see the US go down.

and I think Arena is a pretty good coach. the US just doesn't have the team yet. still a couple of generations away.

Don't get me wrong, if they play a 4-3-2-1 because it's better for their players, that's fine by me. I was just ranting randomly because I don't like the formation in general, regardless of the players. I believe in using width, whereas the typical Xmas Tree template provides a somewhat defensive approach, and attacking through the centre.

I assume if you were a manager you'd probably play a formation to your team's strengths?

I don't like xmas tree either. more of a double diamond. I like wings pushing up, I like MC's dropping back

I know the players have nothing to do with it. just that the rest of the world wants to see the US go down.

and I think Arena is a pretty good coach. the US just doesn't have the team yet. still a couple of generations away.

:rofl: you are very funny, Bruce Arena was ass. There was no consistency with his plays and who the hell brings out their strikers at like the 75th minute..this game was so desperate..we needed to push forward throughout the whole game. This team was not really looked down upon though..people automatically assumed the US would do good or atleast make it passed the first round.. and that is very dumb, because that is 4 years ago..it was just a downfall since the first game with the US

I don't like xmas tree either. more of a double diamond. I like wings pushing up, I like MC's dropping back

You mean a 4-4-2 but with 2 advanced fullbacks and 2 wingers?

GK

CB -------- CB

RB -------------------- LB

CM -------- CM

RW -------------------- LW

ST -------- ST