Bellazon

Football

goose

Oh god...

I'm in a Liverpool forum with people that only know about Pirlo now? :shock:

And they have the nerve to say he's only good because he's had one good World Cup? :shock:

:shock:

I guess this is his coming out party :D

and now I'm reading his hoops column, and he mentions some football stuff:

(By the way, I've been watching the World Cup for four weeks trying to decide which NBA players could have been dominant soccer players, eventually coming to three conclusions. First, Allen Iverson would have been the greatest soccer player ever -- better than Pele, better than Ronaldo, better than everyone. I think this is indisputable, actually. Second, it's a shame that someone like Chris Andersen couldn't have been pushed toward soccer, because he would have been absolutely unstoppable soaring above the middle of the pack on corner kicks. And third, can you imagine anyone being a better goalie than Shawn Marion? It would be like having a 6-foot-9 human octopus in the net. How could anyone score on him? He'd have every inch of the goal covered. Just as a sports experiment, couldn't we have someone teach Marion the rudimentary aspects of playing goal, then throw him in a couple of MLS games? Like you would turn the channel if this happened?)

to add to that, a little further down, more footie references:

20. Manu Ginobili

As time passes, his Game 7 foul on Nowitzki will take its rightful place alongside Isiah's pass that Bird stole, Worthy's pass that Gerald Henderson stole, Derek Harper dribbling out the clock, Nick Anderson's free throws and the Peja/Christie airballs as one of the 25 most incompetent moments in NBA playoff history. And yes, I would watch that show. But I could see his career going one of two ways -- either he's never the same, or he's better than ever before. I vote for the latter.

(Not to keep bringing back soccer, but Ginobili's constant flopping makes much more sense after sitting through four weeks of World Cup -- he only needs to incorporate the "carried off in a stretcher, and as the stretcher is taking him away, he hops off like nothing happened and joins the play again" maneuver. That's my favorite.)

He absolutely right, why soccer wont catch on in the US and Canada :yes:

I like watching anything that lets you say, "Hey, these guys are the absolute best of the best." That's why pro soccer will never catch on here: Nobody wants to watch a bunch of second-rate guys playing a sport that isn't that interesting in the first place. Fundamentally, it can't work. You have a better chance of uncovering a Star Jones-Al Reynolds sex tape

I was on a footie forum the day England got eliminated, and most of them thought that England was by far the best team in the competition, regardless of being eliminated.

What's with English fans? They know absolutely nothing about the continent and still think they have a quality league. Well they do, but the tactics being used were atrocious. At least now it's all changing with the influx of better managers and even more foreign players.

Germany 3-1 Portugal

good game (Y)

Schweinsteiger was awesome, but I still don't like his antics off the ball. He's a total idiot that's obsessed with himself and a cheat :persuazn:

translation: a German footballer

^

lol

podolsweki lol totally spelt wrong..hes actually a very good striker

and ballack :drool:

i didn't finish watching the game but i am very happy portugal lost :)

GO FRANCE.

lol it still blows my mind how big football really is..even in the U.S...during the 70's it was really big..and now there is even a film out! im so excited..its for football fans..and also people who don't really know much about the sport and its history..and 20 minutes ago i was just talking to my mom..shes like so watching the final tomorrow? lol

my grandparents have been trying to coax me onto a plane to France today, yeah right... like I can't find enough crazy frenchies in any city.

the italians will be a lot more bummed about losing than the french, I think, but both sides will be completely nuts if they win.

hope it's a good game, allez les bleus!!

Germany 3-1 Portugal

good game (Y)

Schweinsteiger was awesome, but I still don't like his antics off the ball. He's a total idiot that's obsessed with himself and a cheat :persuazn:

translation: a German footballer

:rofl:

^

safin you probably have a bigger brain then most men :)

my grandparents have been trying to coax me onto a plane to France today, yeah right... like I can't find enough crazy frenchies in any city.

the italians will be a lot more bummed about losing than the french, I think, but both sides will be completely nuts if they win.

hope it's a good game, allez les bleus!!

lol well you live in the part of canada that has more french people then france..and yes the celebrations will be huge.

I will already start bye farewells, good-byes, and au revoirs to Italy :wave: :evil: