Bellazon

News

^ may be youa re right Carly

Breathe Editor Michael Schwartz Helps Capture Supermodel's Beautiful, Worthwhile Cause

page4feature145f02ab286f79.jpg

Documentary To Show Progress of Petra Nemcova's Charity For Tsunami Victims

NEW YORK, March 09, 2007, Nicole Rivard --- Michael Schwartz, an editor at Breathe Editing in New York, is a sucker for good causes, so he jumped at the opportunity to team up with supermodel and tsunami survivor Petra Nemcova to document the progress her charity Happy Hearts Fund has made over the past two years in the nations ravaged by the Asian tsunami of 2004. He was introduced to the former Sports Illustrated model through Dino Rinaldi, a friend of Breathe Editing Executive Producer Kenny Pedini.

"Here's an opportunity to work with images from tsunami and earthquake affected Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Pakistan taken by a supermodel who survived the tsunami as she visits the projects her charity is funding. Coming from a background in journalism and history, and having a love for editing, how could I pass this up?" he told SHOOT recently.

He describes the documentary as a story about people overcoming tragedy and the efforts of the people at the Happy Hearts Fund, as well as a story of overcoming differences in language, religion, customs and politics to change the lives of children in trouble. Nemcova is the tour guide in the film, taking viewers from the building of schools in Indonesia to the mobile medical clinic or orphanage in Sri Lanka.

"She is also our tour guide in the edit room, appreciating the work and creativity and partnering on structure and focus," explained Schwartz. "Yes she hangs out in the edit room and doesn't sit in the back, she pulls up a chair and gets really into it. It's really fun working with that passion. All I can say is the hours fly by."

So far Schwartz has seen about five hours of film from two or three trips to Asia, which he used to edit the trailer for a post Grammy Awards fund-raising event. But Nemcova and friends are already documenting trips to Haiti and Kampuchea. Schwartz said he is hoping to get a half-hour film out next year. "But Petra is very ambitious so it could be sooner," he said.

While he has worked on other documentaries—long pieces on Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck and Billy Joel for SonyBMG, and a couple of independent films—those projects were more narrow in scope, usually focusing on one story or situation.

"This film is a collection of situations loosely threaded together by the love of this amazing benefactor. Each project introduces us to a new situation with a story of its own structure and narrative," Schwartz said.

The broader scope has not posed any challenges for Schwartz, but what has is the unpredictability of guerilla production. The films come in mostly on HDV DVDs but the occasional odd format is certainly a part of it. Essentially anyone with a free hand becomes the cameraman and as a result sound and lighting are a crapshoot, he explained.

Surprisingly, though, this has not taken anything away from the film. "The locations are exotic and remote with a lot of environmental sound and unfortunately they don't have time to set up a proper set, it's very improvised. But I find that this creates a different vibe for the film, very raw and sincere. There are no actors so the moments are very gentle and never rehearsed. We may lose some of what they come back with due to technical issues with sound or lighting but not enough to compromise the experience," he said.

Since cutting spots is one of the most challenging forms of filmmaking, according to Schwartz, he says his commercial experience has certainly helped him in every aspect of working on this documentary for Nemcova.

"Unscripted dialogue is a passion of mine, I was taught that the storyboard is a taking off point, not necessarily the end all be all.

"When something happens on film that is unexpected, it is often the best and most real moment of the production," Schwartz said. "To recognize that—or to go as far as to base a whole film on finding those unexpected moments—is the boldest and most gratifying form of editing in both commercials and documentaries."

from shootonline.com

The video isn't great, but that looks like his car. Whether they did the dirty or anything at all is bad. No matter how strong of a woman you are it still bugs you when there are rumors about him cheating. That's going to put a major strain on the relationship. I'm not saying he did, but there is a pattern in the press that he is a cheater. People say he cheated on his ex with Nemcova, I think once a cheater always a cheater. My other point is there is no trust once you know some has cheated its probably going to be in the back of your mind. Without trust its hard to have any relationship. I feel bad for Petra, but I think James was a bad choice in the first place. But I still feel bad for her cause she seems like a really good person.

just another add to this,on splash-videos.com there is a video of James and Lindsay leaving on his car.I feel bad for her because she gave another chance on love again with him wich i can imagine that was hard for her on the first place and she really seames to be in love with him,maybe he didn't cheat but there will always is gonna have that dout or we are all wrong and they are already separate.

:ddr: :hell yea!::ddr: :hell yea!::ddr: :hell yea!::ddr: :hell yea!::ddr: :hell yea!:

Sorry for celebrating what may be something that saddens Petra but she deserves better anyway...

Petra Nemcova and James Blunt are over, PEOPLE has confirmed.

"They split in February. It's very amicable," a source close to Blunt tells PEOPLE.

A rep for Nemcova had no comment.

The model, 27, and the "You're Beautiful" singer, 32, were last seen together over Oscar week in February, when they hit a slew of parties. They celebrated his birthday and also went to Elton's John's Oscar bash, where Blunt performed and Nemcova looked on.

But in recent weeks, Blunt has become a regular fixture in the Hollywood nightlife scene, hitting the town solo. He was spotted on the same night – March 21 – at both Les Deux, where he hung with pal Robbie Williams, and later at Teddy's, where he partied with Lindsay Lohan, Kelly Osbourne and Amy Winehouse.

According to a clubgoer at Teddy's, "Lindsay and James were never affectionate, but they did seem flirty, standing right next to each other, and constantly talking." Lohan and Blunt were part of a group of people who left together at 2:15 a.m.

Nemcova and Blunt met in December 2005 and started dating the following year. In November 2006, rumors circulated that they'd split, but the couple denied the stories.

"We never got separated," Nemcova told PEOPLE at the time. "There was some stuff going on in the press, but it didn't come from a right source – obviously. We're very much in love."

Blunt was the Czech model's first serious relationship since her longtime beau, photographer Simon Atlee, died in Thailand in the 2004 tsunami. (Nemcova survived by clinging to a palm tree for eight hours, and suffered a broken pelvis.)

Blunt was recently in the news when police said he was involved in a car accident outside a pre-Oscar party in which a man's foot was run over. Blunt's rep says the singer was steering through a crowd of paparazzi.

she needs to be with a guy that has been a celebrity for some time,that hasn't got into his head.that's my impression of james blunt,he wants to party all the time,life for her is more than that.just another point she knows george and orlando so is not that impossible