Bellazon

News

• 2 weeks later...

Petra Nemcova: Loving the Single Life

THURSDAY APRIL 12, 2007 07:40 AM EDT

By Lesley Messer

After splitting with James Blunt in February, how's Petra Nemcova enjoying the single life?

"I am having a great time!" the model, 27, told PEOPLE Tuesday in New York City at the Br!ck Awards, which honor young people working toward social change.

She and the "You're Beautiful" singer met in December 2005 and started dating the following year. Last month, a source close to Blunt told PEOPLE the breakup was "very amicable – they remain good friends."

Since the split, Blunt, 33, has hit the Hollywood club scene, and was recently spotted partying at Les Deux with Robbie Williams and at Teddy's with Lindsay Lohan, Kelly Osbourne and Amy Winehouse.

For her part, Nemcova has been busy with her philanthropic effort, the Happy Hearts Fund, which was honored at the Br!ck Awards for helping children affected by natural disasters and other harships.

(The Czech model's longtime boyfriend, photographer Simon Atlee, was killed in Thailand in the 2004 tsunami, and Nemcova herself was badly injured.)

"We opened up a school in Thailand just three weeks ago with a computer center," she said. "Fifty [children] were trying to hold me and bring me to show me the classrooms. They were so excited – when we got there, we were jumping around. It was amazing to see that it really touches their lives and makes them really happy."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20034525,00.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...