Bellazon

Editorials

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.parismatc...nerosite-519394 (an interview in French)

Here is the translation in English:

PETRA NEMCOVA, A MODEL OF GENEROSITY

Since she saw her fiance swept away, the Czech model devotes his life to the poor children

Paris Match. You left your country to 18. What's left of Czech in you?

Petra Nemcova. My values. I am a citizen of the world but are still fighting two cultures in me. Growing up in a communist regime, I was shaped in a certain way. Have privileges, I do not know what it is. My mother taught my father built houses. We had barely enough to eat, lentils and eggs we ate, and the least valuable part was to make ends meet. My parents literally withdrew the bread from their mouths so that my sister and I have to eat. They gave their lives to raise us. We were so poor, but we received a lot of love. Once I started making money, I have not had one thing in mind, make them what they gave me. I love the memories of my youth. I had a simple childhood in nature. Today, when something goes wrong, I close my eyes and memory, I go sit on the hill overlooking the house of my grandparents. This is that very little, I learned not to walk on the flowers.

How do you manage to live in an American environment?
I love the positive side of the Americans, the positive energy that emanates from them. All is not perfect, of course, but America is the only country where all dreams can become true yet.

A large part of your business, now is happening in Haiti. When and how did you discover this country?
I went for the first time in 2007, just after the hurricane, with members of my foundation and my partners. Since then, we work hand in hand with the government. We try to highlight the Haitian artisans by creating jobs for them and providing them, inter alia, technical logistics. All this takes time, but little by little, we are witnessing the rebirth of the country. Bill Gates once said that it was easier to do business than working for a charity ... It is not wrong! You wear many hats: founder of Happy Hearts * Goodwill Ambassador in Haiti, model ...

Which one suits you best?
  Help others. I fight to rebuild the lives of those who have lost everything, it became the most important thing to me. I am absolutely passionate about what I do. Between a shopping and time to take care of these children, there is no photo. I confess that I have always struggled to do things for me. I feel very guilty quickly. I decided once and for all to focus on the positive, it is the only way to become stronger. What we are given always comes back.

Are you as strong as you look?
I try to find a balance between my work and my life. That said, I'm not as smooth as I'm willing to show. I have a dark that I strive to hide side. I can not wait. I have my moments, but often it is only the lack of sleep or food that makes me nervous. At school, I had no opinions, I was a little quiet girl. When I had to speak to the class, I was so scared that my voice was white. Today, the United Nations, I am able to speak in front of hundreds of people without any apprehension. I'm 33 and I left my country when I was 18. I barely knew English. When I see where I am, I say I come a long way. I'm learning about myself every day. I tend to forget myself and overestimate my strength.

They say that you have a heart bigger than an ocean ... I love to create joy around me and most importantly, share it. Before, I was sick to work, I only thought it. Today, I spend more than 75% of my time to help others. I am driven by what I do. We all play an important role for peace. Some have a huge megaphone, it helps. However, the love we share with others will never be the same like the love with share with a man.

Should we understand, that there is a man in your life?
Yes. I am a fulfilled, happy and in love

Are you talking about Sean Penn? Absolutely not. I have the greatest respect for Sean. We always work together, but there is nothing between us. I am in love with another man who is, moreover, one of his friends. His name is Laurent. I finally found my double, a man with whom I can share all aspects of my life. Like me, he is very involved in Haiti. We were friends for a year and a half, and then there was the moment when everything changed and everything suddenly became clear between us. Without looking at us, there was an exchange of energy and strong I felt, at that time, thanks to him I would become a better person. When we spoke again together later, we realized that we had felt exactly the same thing at the same time. I went to Haiti for a month and I never came back. We do everything for love. For love, we make the impossible possible. I dream of a child with him. Meanwhile, I have 42000!

On the eve of the tenth anniversary of the tsunami that killed your fiance, you he still manages to have nightmares?
No, this tragedy has helped me make sense of my life. If I was just rehashing the past, I would spend my next life.

How do you see your future?
Quincy Jones recently sent me a message in which he wrote: "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!" What will happen tomorrow? I do not know. I take what comes. How could I imagine for a second, when we went on holiday to Thailand with my partner, we would experience such a disaster and that my life was going to be upset? It took me through this experience to realize how precious it is. I'm a believer and I believe deeply that God will always show me the right way at the right time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about Sean Penn? Absolutely not. I have the greatest respect for Sean. We always work together, but there is nothing between us. I am in love with another man who is, moreover, one of his friends. His name is Laurent. I finally found my double, a man with whom I can share all aspects of my life. Like me, he is very involved in Haiti. We were friends for a year and a half, and then there was the moment when everything changed and everything suddenly became clear between us. Without looking at us, there was an exchange of energy and strong I felt, at that time, thanks to him I would become a better person. When we spoke again together later, we realized that we had felt exactly the same thing at the same time. I went to Haiti for a month and I never came back. We do everything for love. For love, we make the impossible possible. I dream of a child with him. Meanwhile, I have 42000!

I've read things from Petra where she says marriage first, baby second.  Laurent has two children with an ex-girlfriend, he never married, who don't live with him in Haiti.  Seems like they have different values when it comes to family.  It'll be interesting to see how this relationship transpires.  

I've read things from Petra where she says marriage first, baby second.  Laurent has two children with an ex-girlfriend, he never married, who don't live with him in Haiti.  Seems like they have different values when it comes to family.  It'll be interesting to see how this relationship transpires.  

He's known though to be very close to his daughter,here is one pic of him and his oldest daughter. For info, his ex had already had a child with another man before him...

1385166_10151937853361343_995685542_n.jp

He's known though to be very close to his daughter,here is one pic of him and his oldest daughter. For info, his ex had already had a child with another man before him...

1385166_10151937853361343_995685542_n.jp

What his ex has done with another man, has no bearings on their relationship.   Also, being a good father can be debatable.  In my book, being a good father is being there everyday for your children.  He choose a country over his kids.

As I said, Petra has said she's traditional when it comes to marriage and children.  Laurent obviously is not...just by the fact he has two children and has never been married.   If she really wants to have children with him, it'll be interesting to see who gives in.  Him marrying her or her having a child out of wedlock.