Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bras

precious

Normally, I would say Alessandra or Adriana should wear the bra - just from the standpoint that both these girls have been around for about ten years now with VS and it seems like they would deserve it. However, like others have mentioned, the wearer of the bra does a lot of press and I don't know if Adriana or Ale are the best to fill that position like Heidi or Gisele were. But, VS has used Adriana in a lot speaking roles as lof late. So it might go to her this year.

I don't think Doutzen "deserves" to wear it. I think she's gorgeous and should be an Angel, but she in no way "deserves" it like Ale or Adriana do. I'd go as far to say Miranda should wear the bra before Doutzen considering Miranda is an official Angel. Another lady I'd love to see wear the bra (and I'll probably get stoned for saying this) is Marisa Miller. She can promote the hell out of the brand (she is great in interviews) and she has the body for it. Although a lot of people don't like her runway walk, I think with more coaching this year, she could definitely improve. You have to remember, she's a bonafied swimsuit and lingerie model, not a runway model (thank GOD for that).

• 2 months later...

Claudia Schiffer wearing the very first fantasy bra in 1996. This is Jal718's scan from the VS Covers thread.

96christmasvol1xg3.th.jpg

Also, here's Tyra wearing the 1997 Fantasy Bra by Harry Winston.

tyrabanks1997yd3.jpg

It’ll be interesting to see who gets the bra this year. The only choices that would surprise me are Selita (no model has ever worn the bra two years in a row) and Alessandra (she’ll be heavily pregnant when the Christmas books are shot this summer). I think everyone else has a shot at it including Doutzen. (I’m assuming that Doutzen is officially an angel now based on Razek's comments in the FORBES article.)

This year would be both Doutzen and Miranda’s third VSFS. Heidi (’99), Karolina (’02), and Selita (’07) all wore the bra at their third show. It would be Doutzen’s first official year as an angel. Heidi (’99) and Gisele (’00) both wore the bra in their first official years as angels. There’s even something that favors Marisa. This year would be her second show. Gisele wore the bra at her second show (’00). Also, Marisa got the SI cover this year. Tyra wore the bra the year she got the SI cover (’97).

Then there’s the Brazilians. Alessandra is most likely excluded due to pregnancy. Izabel would be a good choice since she’s the best speaker of the Brazilians, but what's the status of her contract? That leaves Adriana. It’s pretty clear (to me anyway) why she has never gotten the bra. She's overdue, so it wouldn't surprise me if she did get it this year. However, I think it’d be more fitting if she wore it in 2009 as that would be her tenth show.

Karolina getting it again so soon wouldn’t surprise me either. Heidi had an every other year pattern going (’99, ’01, ’03). KK for ’06, ’08, ’10? And speaking of Heidi… with this year being the tenth anniversary of the angels, they could decide to give the bra to the longest tenured and most famous one. If 2008 was her last show (and I’m hoping it is because the “Heidi & Seal Love Extravaganza of 2007” was quite sickening), the bra would be a good way for her to go out.

It’s hard for me to see one person as the favorite. There’s something that favors everyone except Selita.

I think Adriana really deserves it this year, she has been there the longest and has never worn it and I think her english has gotten some what better recently.

I wouldn't necessarily count Ale out either. Just because of her pregnancy, if she can get her body into shape in about 2 months (which I think she will) than they may just give it to her. Didn't Heidi get to wear it after her pregnancy in 2003?

I think Adriana or Alessandra are the ONLY ones who would deserve to wear it this year. IMO

I wouldn't necessarily count Ale out either. Just because of her pregnancy, if she can get her body into shape in about 2 months (which I think she will) than they may just give it to her. Didn't Heidi get to wear it after her pregnancy in 2003?

You're thinking about the fashion show in November. Sure, she'll probably have time to get back in shape for that. But the Christmas books come out in October and are shot over the summer. When is she due? If she delivers in July or early to mid August, then I think there might be a small window there to give her the bra, but if she doesn't deliver until September, then I think it's cutting it close. If she got the bra, they'd probably only shoot her from the breasts up or they'd have to do some major, major, MAJOR airbrushing on those pictures (more than normal). It's not out of the question, but it's a risky move and not the wisest decision when there are other options there.

Heidi is not a good comparison as she was not heavily pregnant when the pictures were shot in the summer of 2003, and she was barely showing at the fashion show. If she'd been 7 or 8 months pregnant when the pictures were shot, she probably wouldn't have worn it that year either.

While the two of them aren't horrible (at least Ale isn't anyway) ... As for Adriana, it seems as though it's only recently that she has figured out how to pull together two coherent sentences in a row, and now that she walks down the runway acting a damn fool, I don't want to see her get it.
As for Miranda she has an accent but most people probably find it loveable, unlike Adriana and Alessandra's accents.

Wow, I thought I was critical and picky, but damn, you girls are bitchy. I couldn't imagine how someone would find the irritating drawl of the Australian accent 'lovable' compared to the elegance of a Spanish/Portuguese accent. And what do you mean by "at least Ale isn't anyway"? I must have missed her walking down the runway like a 'damn fool' - which show are you referring to?

(I’m assuming that Doutzen is officially an angel now based on Razek's comments in the FORBES article.)

Why would you assume she is an angel based on: "I wish we had snapped her up a long time ago,"? That's the only quote I could find by Razek on Doutzen.

I think Kerr deserves it more than Doutzen does.

I am voting for Adriana. Come on...she deserves it. She is moving into her tenth year with VS. She has a good fan base and is looking good as usual. Her accent is okay. It just takes a minute. I say hats off for having the ability to speak more than one language. I think some people on here are too hard on her accent. But anyway, this is her year. :)

Maybe Ale in 2009 when she gets it back together after baby.

I know that this is off-topic however, I am curious.

Why would you be insulted? From my understanding, Portuguese and Spanish have some similiarities. I guess I am looking at the languages and not the accent.

I am learning and just wondering.

I couldn't imagine how someone would find the irritating drawl of the Australian accent 'lovable' compared to the elegance of a Spanish/Portuguese accent.

^ Just compare Brazilians Alessandra or Adriana speaking English to Spaniard Penelope Cruz and you'll see what I mean. I'd explain further (and admit I'm being somewhat unfair), but this isn't the place for that conversation.