Bellazon

Miscellaneous

Neo52285

I live for these articles on supermodels/pop culture/trends etc. thanks so much for posting Sick. :PinkCouture2:

I know people get worked up when Gi is called "curvy" (of course she's not by normal standards...) but above her pic is Stella Tennant on the Chanel runway in the mid 90s :ninja:...that was the look before Gisele made a splash out from the Brazilian waters. I prefer to say she was healthy/breath of fresh air though. and did undoubtedly bring a sexy/bombshell aesthetic back into modeling.

I agree, her body may not be the famous 90-60-90 (that's in cm :p) measurements. But she has the abilty to manipulate her body in order to look like that million dollar figure and still owning the clothes in the meantime. Many models are unable to do the second, or even the first.

Edit: I was viewing the contents from Vogue US March and the only model who looked effortless and professional was Raquel, that surprised me a lot, looks like the models today can't find their niche.

Gisele even says if she stands front and center (like catalog girls do) her body will look like sh*t. :laugh: but if she manipulates it, its like BAM. Thats what makes her an even more amazing model imo, that she doesnt just stand there and expect the photog to do all the work. (photographers, especially top tier ones really hate that, lol...) and will not book a model again...

I think just as her face is versatile (can suit both sexy + fashion brands) her body is also very versatile. How many models have conquered (not just in and out of) but completely dominated the commercial AND fashion worlds simultaneously? It was normal during the Supermodel era, but for models after Gisele, its a total rarity.

I find most commercial models look like theyre playing dress up the few times they get to wear expensive clothing (the clothes wear them, they dont wear the clothes), and on the other side most high fashion models need to stay far far away from lingerie & bikinis.

I also will never get for the life of me when people compare model bodies to Kim Kardashian type figures :ninja: I dont' even know where the correlation comes from.

Its beyond body type. She brought back bouncy haired,vibrant,smiling,sun kissed healthy beauties. Pre Gisele is was short haired,under eye circled,bony,pale lifeless waifs.