Bellazon

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Thumbnail

*Addicted*

Meet the business-savvy model and entrepreneur with a heart of gold

19534560_1933663996855194_49685641711310

“I grew up in one of the most rural parts of England and no one I knew had any contacts in the fashion world,” says businesswoman, model, and actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. “I wrote letters to a few magazines, retail shops, and fashion companies asking for an internship opportunity, and the only place that replied and accepted was a modeling agency in London’s West End. I arrived at the office hoping to attend fashion shows and photo shoots, visit design houses, and garner real insight into the creative side of the industry. I don’t think I had a clue what a modeling agency actually did!”

“Instead, I spent the week in a tiny smoke-filled office with wine-drinking bookers hustling down the phone. My days were spent running errands, photocopying, picking up the phones, making endless cups of tea, emptying ashtrays, and faxing girls their schedules. I loved every second of the buzz and excitement, but I especially loved it when models would stride into the agency to pick up their portfolios or her lists of castings for the day. They were the epitome of glamour and sophistication.”

“Throughout my career I worked with many different lingerie brands, and I was very drawn to beautiful underwear,” she says. “Marks and Spencer is known to be the UK’s biggest selling lingerie company, so I approached them in 2011 and asked if we could collaborate.” Her dream became a reality when the Rosie For Autograph brand launched in September 2012. “I wanted to create a world that was deeply feminine and graceful while being aspirational yet approachable,” she explains. “Underwear shouldn’t have to compromise comfort or style—or break the bank.”

Huntington-Whiteley’s collection has since expanded, and customers go mad for her pajamas and bathing suits and skin potions and cosmetics. Lingerie remains her best-selling asset, but it is her beauty hero product, the Lady Rose lipstick, that is most evocative of the brand’s ethos. The shade, which perfectly complements Huntington-Whiteley’s natural lip color, is similar to that of an English rose—which, she explains, “has always been the overarching theme: delicate, feminine, and beautiful in nature.”

BEDROOM

What is the atmosphere of your bedroom?
Relaxing and peaceful. It has a barnlike feel, with wooden beams and high-pitched ceilings. Soft, neutral dreamy colors for the furniture, art, and linens, and plenty of daylight when the blinds are up. I once read that bedrooms should be used only for sleeping and lovemaking. I rarely watch TV in bed, and devices and phones are kept out of the room when sleeping. I also sleep with the windows open if I’m not in a city. Or I like to keep the room temperature very cold, which I think comes from growing up in a freezing 200-year-old farmhouse in the deep countryside of England. Stoves and log fires kept the house warm. I remember as a child being able to see my breath when I got into bed at night—that’s how cold it was.
Please describe your bed and your favorite thing about it.
I’m quite indulgent when it comes to my bed! I have no guilt about investing in a quality mattress and beautiful linens. Good rest is crucial for well-being and energy levels—I can be quite moody if I don’t get proper sleep! Because I’m often traveling and staying in hotels, being able to get into my own bed at night feels indulgent and relaxing.
What time do you wake up?
My days start anywhere from 5 to 7 a.m., sometimes earlier, as I’m often jet-lagged from traveling. On the weekends, if I’m not working, I’ll sleep in until around 8 a.m. One of my favorite things about living in LA is the sunny and quiet mornings.
How many hours of sleep do you require?
I have a feeling my sleep patterns and requirements are all about to change! But if I can get eight hours I feel well-rested. I have a habit of mentally counting how many hours I’m going to get as I get into bed every night. If I’m set to have less than five, I worry I’ll be tired and miserable the next day, which in turn keeps me awake longer. 
Any bedside beauty essentials?
A bottle of Caudalie Beauty Elixir—it’s so refreshing and hydrating for the skin—and By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm and my Rosie for Autograph Divine Miracle Oil and Divine Body Cream, which I lather on every night. The scent stays on the sheets and my pajamas, which I love. 

BODY
Do you drink coffee or tea, eat breakfast?
First thing I do when I wake up is drink a liter of water, as I get dehydrated overnight. It wakes me up and gets the body and digestive system moving. Then coffee. I’m useless without my coffee! A latte. 
Do you work out in the a.m.?
Yes, always. If I don’t work out in the morning, I can pretty much guarantee I won’t do it later in the day. 

BEAUTY

What is your morning skincare regimen?
I steam my face with warm water and a washcloth. I switch my products according to the environment or how my skin is looking. Lately I have been using Caudalie Foam Cleanser—it’s gentle and very hydrating. Then I love to use Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance serum because it leaves my skin with an amazing glow and is the perfect base for makeup. I use an SPF every day. Finally, I set my skin with the Beauty Elixir or Rose Water by Santa Maria Novella. 
What makeup and products do you use on a daily basis?
SPF. I love Dr. Sturm Sun Drops. You can mix them into your moisturizer, serums, or foundation—kind of a genius product!
What’s your hair situation in the a.m.?
Depends! Usually a wild mess unless I tie it back at night. My favorite brush is a Mason Pearson. I have had one since I was a little girl. My grandma gave one to me, and I remember it was white and had my name and little flowers hand painted on it. I love Sachajuan shampoos and conditioners. The Silver Shampoo and Color Save Conditioner are my favorites. I recently discovered Olaplex, which is a game changer for processed or colored hair. 

BUSINESS

What’s the first thing you read each morning?
Headline news on my phone. Emails, texts, and then a scroll though Instagram while drinking my coffee. 
What business do you conduct before 10:00 a.m.?
I usually have to speak to my design team back in London several times a week via FaceTime, so I will do those calls around 8 or 9 a.m. because of the time difference. I also like to send emails early in morning so things can be accomplished throughout the day. 
What time do you head to your office?
If I’m working on set, my call time is usually between 7 and 8 a.m. I prefer to start shooting earlier and be done earlier. Currently I’m looking for an office space outside my house so I can separate business and home life, but for now I work from my office at home if I’m not out and about during the day. 

1 hour ago, toodarnhot said:

I hope she does another shoot with Violet Grey soon- her last two produced some of my favourite pictures of Rosie. 

Considering that Cassandra's husband recently died I don't know if VG are back in business so soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Rosie for Caudalie 2017 celebrating 20 years of their iconic Beauty Elixir

2JrEbd0A.jpg zBa2Dws9.jpg mhfKbVZv.jpg

sziFcyv6.jpg WOJSGSSe.jpg

ROSIE HUNTINGTON-WHITELEY'S BEAUTY & FITNESS REGIME
Four o'clock in the afternoon – around when the post-lunch lull hits – is known as Beauty Elixir time at the Prestige office. We love the ability of Caudalie's best-selling mist to rejuvenate us at our desks, and provide our skin with a little minty hydration. Apparently, we aren't the only ones obsessed with the product, as supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley recently signed on with the brand to become the face of Beauty Elixir as the multi-functional product celebrates its 20th birthday.

Tell us about your daily skincare routine.

Really simple. I don't like too many products in my cabinet. I don't want to confuse my skin too much. I don't want to travel with a million products, either—that's a nightmare. In the morning, I steam my face with warm water and a washcloth. I switch my products according to the environment or how my skin is looking. Lately I have been using Caudalie Foam Cleanser — it’s gentle and very hydrating. Then I love to use Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum because it leaves my skin with an amazing glow and is the perfect base for make-up. I use SPF every day. Finally, I set my skin with Caudalie's Beauty Elixir or Rose Water by Santa Maria Novella.

What’s the best beauty tip you’ve learned from all the make-up artists and beauty professionals you’ve met through your job?

Keep it simple.

What did you know about Caudalie before becoming the face of its Beauty Elixir?

Caudalie is one of my favourite natural skincare brands; I rely on a variety of cosmetic products from the brand.

It's been 20 years since Beauty Elixir launched. When did you first come across the product?

The first time I met the Beauty Elixir was backstage at a fashion show maybe 10 years ago; a make-up artist used it on me.

Do you wear makeup every day?

Gone are the days of leaving the house with no make-up on. But I love make-up. I don’t wear a ton of it, but I will always have a little foundation on.

What's your diet/fitness regime.

I’m a fitness fanatic. It’s where everything starts for me. I have really defined muscles in my arms, almost too defined, so I leave them alone completely. But I wish my bum had the same problem. At home, I eat clean, organic, simple. And when I go out with friends, I enjoy myself. Here at home, in the morning, I might have some boiled eggs or sprouts with toast, with a green juice. Or I might have some scrambled eggs with some spinach. Plenty of water through the whole day. And then at lunch and dinner, it’s about a piece of protein: white fish, turkey, chicken. And lots of vegetables. Pretty simple. But, you know, then I’ll go and eat dinner and have loads of roast potatoes at Madeo. And that’s important to me. I love that. I couldn’t live life just restrictive all the time. It’s just no fun to me. That’s not a way to live. It’s all balance.