Bellazon

Runway

Neo52285

• 1 month later...

@ekn omg thanks for  Isabel Toledo's show pictures, i never seen them before. You must have noticed that the lack of Adriana's presence on runway during 98/99 comparing to any of her peer supermodels. After seeing Isabel Toledo' shows picture i've started to think if it is related to her very short hair? Because you know hairstyle is very significant part of the 90's runway shows.

I will never understand why all those models have better high fashion experience than Adriana.

15 hours ago, patt said:

@ekn omg thanks for  Isabel Toledo's show pictures, i never seen them before. You must have noticed that the lack of Adriana's presence on runway during 98/99 comparing to any of her peer supermodels. After seeing Isabel Toledo' shows picture i've started to think if it is related to her very short hair? Because you know hairstyle is very significant part of the 90's runway shows.

I will never understand why all those models have better high fashion experience than Adriana.

Adriana was def a model who had to grow into her own. She got better and better. She was only a teenager in all of these photos, not even 18 yet. So it is understandable that her presence wasn't as strong at the very start. Plus, Adriana has been open about how kind of uncomfortable she was with being a model at the start. She basically didn't think she belonged there. I think her runway work at the start reflected that.

That being said not many models that look like Adriana have better high fashion experience than her, Irina eventually picked up alot of stamina, BUT just like Adriana- it took her many years to get there. As stunning as Adriana was, it wasn't that popular that models that had the same appeal and flare she had in her earlier years, got as big and successful as she did. Sure there were models like Yasmeen, Brandi Quionnes, and Janice dickison, Anna BB, but even their careers weren't as long and on paper she probably did more than them-in terms of like campaigns and amount of covers

What Adriana has managed to do with her career is underrated/understated sometimes, you can't name a model that looked more like her at the start of her career that stayed around as long as her and had such an impactful and iconic career. I don't think its easy to look the way Adriana did at the start/half of her career and do what she did. Its easy to become a notable name. But not easy to have her exact career and accolades because where she is from and having the look she did

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With her current shape, maybe it wasn't the best idea to give her that kind of hairstyle, that ponytail. Usually, I really like that hairstyle on her because it highlights her face, which is extraordinarily beautiful. But right now that ponytail highlights that her face is still very swollen. I thought that her double chin was no longer so noticeable. But I'm happy to see her on a catwalk again.

36 minutes ago, borg said:

Yeah, they definitely didn't want to do her any favors with the styling. At least with the first, the second outfit I directly don't understand it lol

The second outfit was appropriate for how her body is at the moment. But yeah the first one, it was form fitting right in the middle and I think the part that wrapped around her neck also is what made her face and stuff look even bigger. It should have been lose given how round her face still is. The first/white dress literally highlighted how much ways she has to go to get herself back

• 2 months later...