Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

She said in one of her recent insta stories (when she was with Jon) that she will be at Berlinale. I just thought she could maybe do both and didn't know if she was going to be there for the opening or maybe later.

It says a lot about her priorities these days and frankly, I fail to really understand them.

She doesn't attend amfAR, she's also missing out on the Brock Collection show today and a lot of other events during NYFW (even though she has to be back by Sunday). Berlinale is a prestigious thing, but I don't really get why it is so important to her. Either they pay her a lot of money for being there (which I can't really believe, there are so many celebs, I don't know why they would need Toni who's not even film related) or she hopes to position herself as somebody who is interested in acting / has an acting future ahead of her. Maybe it's because of the people she will most likely meet and she hopes to bond with the film people in order to get more roles? But does it really work that way?
I'm not judging and obviously I know even less about the film industry than about the modeling industry, I'm just seriously trying to understand why she chooses Berlinale over amfAR.

Maybe she gets more press coverage about being at Berlinale than being another model at the amfar or any other event. Especially in Berlin since I think the media there these days only care about that and not NYFW. It's a way to built a bigger brand in her home :idk:

@jena92

Certainly a good point, but if she wanted to build a bigger brand in Germany, she could do a bit more TV appearances or interviews. I'm sure it wouldn't be a big problem for her to appear in a talk show or something. And then again, when she does give interviews etc., she always looks a bit as if she didn't want to be there, so I don't know if that sort of 'public figure career' is really for her. 

But yes, the press coverage will be bigger at Berlinale and she'll look stunning for sure.