Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

I'm a bit...bummed by this: http://www.wasted-management.de/clients/toni-garrn/biografie/

so she has an agency for acting and events now? I don't really like this new direction. :(

Just saw that it's not available in english...it doesn't say much, but it says she has been working regularly with an acting coach, has shot two films (I only knew of one I think, maybe the second one is what she shot in LA?)... one of them being "Under the bed" in 2014, the other one is a leading role in an art short film (she has been talking about quite a bit recently, but I always thought she was referring to "Under the bed") "The Shift" directed by Mayk Azzato. Azzato also worked with a lot of ex-GNTM people, he's not completely unknown, but as far as I know veeeery commercial.

Jolie March 2016

my translation

You were born in Hamburg. Are you still able to come home regularly?

I try to make it every two or three months. But it only works when I'm in Europe and have a couple of free days in between. I always look forward to a lot of sleep when coming home. Usually I don't get more than 5 hours. In Hamburg, it's a lot more quiet, I have good curtains and a very comfy bed by Ikea. 

Do you still miss German food when you're out of the country?
Not the meat, I've never really liked it anyway. I have never had a Schnitzel, for example. Sounds weird, doesn't it? But I do miss things like Kaiserschmarrn or Germknödel. That is why I always convince my family to go skiing with me in Austria or Switzerland. They have the best food there. I always go skiing for like and hour, and then I'm off to the alp (Alm) to get some food. 

Can you afford that as a top model?

I don't want to restrict too much when it comes to food. I've already cut out meat and dairy, which I'm intolerant to. And I try to stay away from sweets, but it is a daily battle. Let's put it like this: I eat five times a day and as healthy as possible.

Is all the hard work and discipline you need to get your body in shape though for you?

When it comes to food, yes, sometimes. With sports, not so much. That's because I travel a lot and therefore have to sit a lot. I just have to move in between.

What do your workouts look like?
It usually takes place in hotel gyms, I just travel so much. My trainer put together a program for me with exercises I know. Sometimes I do courses like Hot Yoga or Bootcamp. Have you tried it? You get yelled at in military style and are always under surveillance. That's perfect for me, I'm the kind of person who only does the exercise correctly when the trainer is standing next to me (laughs).

So you're always motivated?
My motivation is that I have to wear very little clothing quite often.

You've been in the business for 10 years. Is there a moment you would call your career highlight?

About 5 years ago I got to be the bride at Elie Saab's show. It was such an honor - and it boosted my career.

If you weren't a model, what would you be instead?

I don't know, I was discovered so early.... I don't know, maybe a dancer? I somehow have that in me. On set, I always jump around until the photographer tells me to please stop moving.

Did you take ballet classes as a kid?
No, but my mum took me to a classical dance school when I was seven. Waltz, Rumba, ChaCha, Samba, Salsa, Tango...I learned all of that, together with my brother. I quit at ten though. But I still remember the steps, that's why I sometimes start dancing around without noticing. But it's too late to do it for a living. But maybe I'll start again when I'm 40 (laughs).

You also appeared on TV. Could you imagine a TV career?

A TV appearance every once in a while certainly doesn't hurt. You can show what you stand for, and say a few sentences about it. Also, you can reach out to a much bigger crowd. But fashion is where I come from, and TV shows don't really have anything to do with fashion. It is pure entertainment for me.

A lot of models try to become actresses. Is this something you're interested in?

Actually I just shot a film, a thriller. It's not out yet, so I can't really talk about it. I just wanted to see if I liked acting. It was a lot of fun, but I think I'm too impatient. They always rebuild the set, or somebody's missing...and then you have to wait. I'm used to being somewhere else every day and to experiencing lots of different things. My life is very fast and not boring at all. I need that.

Finally, a very private question: What is your biggest quirk?

I don't like showering. Except for when I've been sweating. Sometimes I realize...oops, it's been two days without a shower, it's time again... (laughs)