Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

Really sorry for your "bad time"But...I imagine that your hard drive is overloaded with pictures of Paulina! :laugh: Why not load everything on external drives?(I mean external hard disk) So if the internal hard drive fails you will not lose data. :wave:

Yeh, I had just gotten an external drive for Christmas and was beginning to move some of my stuff there when it went down. Unfortunately, I was unable to do a backup after I moved the documents off, so when I re-load my last backup, I will have to re-delete all that stuff!!!! Arghhhh! :banghead:

The only thing I'm afraid of with an external drive is, what if something happens to that? I will no longer be backing up what I put on there, so, other than posting EVERYTHING I've ever scanned to BZ for safekeeping (and those who have been here a long time know that's not 100% secure either, as BZ has crashed, at least once that I know of)...how do I keep my external drive contents safe too?

-technology evolves rapidly, there is no reason to fear for the safety and reliability of an external hard drive not to mention the advantage of having a much lighter computer, because you do not have the load of data which reduces both reliability and speed;of course protective systems against viruses and so on acts also on the external drive, every time you connect it to your computer.

-then you can always use more disk partitions.Or use more than one internal hard disk,whether the structure of your machine allows this.

...however, one can often recover data even from a hard drive crash.

Sorry,I know, this is the Paulina's thread,just I try to do some advice, for sure your Mac-person know more than me! :laugh::wave: