Bellazon

Oluchi Onweagba
Thumbnail

funnyfan

After her three-year contract with Elite expired, she was signed up to be one of Victoria's Secret "angels," making her the first model of Nigerian descent to achieve this status. A highlight of her career so far was when she was featured in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue three times, in 2005, 2006 and 2007.

...wikipedia.

Not everything written on wikipedia is true!They can be easily edited........She is not credited as Angel....Oluchi,Ana Beatriz,Marisa they are part of the vs team but they are not an angel....As I said beforeShe should be instead of selita..

I think Oluchi has more of a presence than Selita. Her walk and pictures are amazing! But I guess Selita is more commercial and upbeat that's why she was made angel. Oluchi is more down-to-earth and poised.

I totally agree. Oluchi's uniqueness makes her stand apart from the rest. Her look is one that is so Haute couture as in her look is not for "everybody" but at the same time can be for "everyone" I think it makes it hard for her look to cross over to real commercial success like Adriana Lima, Alessandra etc. Although Oluchi has had some level of commercial success, VS full angel status would have been the icing on the cake. The only model that i can think of that has done that successfully is Gisele and Naomi Campbell. Gisele can't be categorized as commercial cause she is not. she crosses over easily which is great. Ana Beatriz is another model that comes to mind as well, Ana is very high fashion as well.

Selita on the other hand blends in with the rest. She has a "girl next door" look which is more relatable i guess in terms of Victoria secret. Her look is more accessible I guess.

Although Selita is Ok, Oluchi is a better model, her walk, presence etc is unique and I think if she was made a 'full angel" she would have become more relatble to everyone. Looking at Oluchi and Selita on the Victoria secret catwalk during the annual show last year, Oluchi had more of a presence in my opinion than Selita! Oluch's face and statuesque frame is just unforgettable! I guess VS was looking for an angel that could "blend in" with the rest not stand out from the rest. Just my 2 cents...

• 2 weeks later...