Bellazon

NFL

Capt Snow

^ Seriously. Back in the days of Johnny Unitas, football players didn't make enough money to even quit thier day jobs, and they played with almost no padding. Today's players are sissies in comparison. :ninja:

I agree with you in that respect but then think about the other side of that. Today's football player's day jobs are football so they are bester, meaning faster, stronger, and hit a lot harder. And there is new saftey technology.

^ I disagree. Just because today's football players don't do anything else for a living doesn't automatically mean they're better, faster, or hit harder. If anything, they're probably slower because of the extra protective gear, and it's really impossible to say they hit harder now than they did in the 50s. How can you prove it?

As for the being better part, I was just looking up quarterback records and between the 50s and now, the higher records aren't much different. Excluding Dan Marino, it's usually around 40,000 total passing yards and 250 - 300 TDs. Maybe someone can prove me wrong with in-depth statistics for the average players, but I don't see any reason to believe they're better now than before.

• 2 months later...

Peyton Manning and the Colts (7-0) take on Tom Brady and the Pats (8-0) today @ 4:15EST!!! :chicken:

This is going to be the greatest game ever! (And it's the first time in NFL history teams with unbeaten seasons-so-far of 7-0 or greater have ever faced one another!)

You watch NFL, Heather?!!!!!!! :chicken:

And how was Brady a dick? :huh:

Plus, when you have a franchise record in penalty yards, you turn over the ball like 4 times, and you're down 10 points to a team that hasn't given up a second-half lead all season, yet you still win, it's NOT luck. :p

Only the big games. (And i expected to see Gisele so... :whistle: )

Tom is only good at throwing shorts. We know that, the Indianapolis know that , and hell he knows that. I know NE could have done better than that without those long high balls from Tom, have you noticed ?!! Or probably the IND's linebackers were too good ?!! I don't know.

Hey you're NE's fan ?!!

You don't know what you're talking about, Heather! :rofl: If you think Brady can't throw the long ball, I guess the 55-yard pass to Moss on the second to last TD drive was an accident. And I guess the 33-yarder to Stallworth on the last TD drive was, too. :p He's the #1 QB in the NFL right now for a reason! Plus, he threw for more yards than Manning despite not playing his best. I think you're just jealous Brady gets to sleep with Gisele, and you don't. :rofl:

And yes, I like the Pats 'cause I like Brady. (Not to mention, Marylanders have a long-standing "hatred" for the Colts since they were taken from Baltimore in the 80s.)

You don't know what you're talking about, Heather! :rofl: If you think Brady can't throw the long ball, I guess the 55-yard pass to Moss on the second to last TD drive was an accident. And I guess the 33-yarder to Stallworth on the last TD drive was, too. :p He's the #1 QB in the NFL right now for a reason! Plus, he threw for more yards than Manning despite not playing his best. I think you're just jealous Brady gets to sleep with Gisele, and you don't. :rofl: