Bellazon

Lindsay Ellingson

Lindsay Ellingson Wedding Ideas

The last person Victoria's Secret Angel Lindsay Ellingson expected to meet at Jay Z and Kanye's launch party for Watch the Throne in 2011 was her future husband. "Someone bumped into me on the dance floor," says Lindsay. "I turned around and saw tall, dark, and handsome." He turned out to be Sean Clayton, and after the pair ran into one another again the next day, they knew it was meant to be. Two years later, Sean proposed near his family's home on Thanksgiving morning, and the couple began planning a wedding down south at Palmetto Bluff. "Sean and I love it there," says Lindsay. "The first time we ever talked about getting married was during a trip there, so it was only fitting that we go back for our wedding."

For the full scoop on Lindsay and Sean's big day, as well as the other bridal looks she donned for our shoot, pick up the October/November 2014 issue of Brides (on newsstands now!). As a bonus, we've got five tips every bride-to-be could use from this couple's rosy-hued South Carolina celebration.

Give yourself time

"The best advice I got was to slow everything down," says the bride. "We started getting ready as early as possible, and I still ended up feeling rushed!"

Remember your scent

While she was shopping for shoes, Lindsay spritzed on the Jimmy Choo fragrance. "Sean had never noticed my perfume before, but he told me he loved this one," she says, "so I went back and bought a bottle. Now the scent will always remind me of our wedding day."

Trust your style instincts

Lindsay, inspired by Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and Grace Kelly, knew that she wanted a classic wedding, and her bouquet was no exception. "I realized every picture on my Pinterest board included Lily of the Valley," she says. "So even though it's not the most practical choice for July, my florist made it happen!"

Take lessons

Instead of slowly swaying for their first dance, Sean and Lindsay hired a pro to teach them some moves. "We wanted to give your guests something fun to watch," says Lindsay of their spins and dips.

Don't rush to leave

Though the reception officially ended at midnight — complete with a sparkler exit — the couple and their guests stuck around for a couple more hours, roasting marshmallows and dancing by the Inn's fire pits.

http://www.brides.com/blogs/aisle-say/2014/09/lindsay-ellingson-victorias-secret-wedding-photos-perry-vaile.html

• 2 weeks later...