Bellazon

Marloes Horst
Thumbnail

Fialka

LOVELY news about Maybeline! Shes got the face for it :wub: Curious, does that mean Emily Didonato will be stepping down? Shes been working with Maybeline as their main girl for a while! 

i hope that doesn't happen maybe they gonna drop old girls like julie stegner is she stiil with them ?

A Q&A WITH MODEL MARLOES HORST OF MAYBELLINE NEW YORK

There’s a new face on the Maybelline New York campaign block! Dutch model Marloes Horst has just been announced as the new global face of the brand. Of the collaboration, Jerome Bruhat, Global Brand President of Maybelline New York says: “Marloes embodies the Maybelline New York woman with her passion for makeup and her New York City energy and ambition.”

You likely recognize Horst from various campaigns with the likes of Calvin Klein, Stella McCartney, Kenzo, among countless others, but today the beauty world has snatched her up. It’s sort of our job around here to be perpetually obsessed with all things glamorous (models certainly fall into this category), so we couldn’t have been more thrilled to receive Horst’s Q&A featuring her thoughts on fashion and beauty, the Maybelline New York brand, and her thoughts on our beloved New York City. Read on for some insight into the ever glamorous life of one of today’s most successful models.

ON FASHION AND BEAUTY

KENTON: Have you always been passionate about fashion?

Marloes Horst: I’m from the countryside in Holland and high fashion was not really accessible when I was growing up. Coincidentally, by the time I really started having an interest in fashion, I also started modeling and I’ve loved it ever since!

KENTON: How would you describe your fashion taste?

Marloes Horst: I’m not really a “girly girl”. However, most people usually picture me wearing a dress because I wear high fashion pieces when I’m shooting. But, I’m most comfortable wearing jeans, a blouse and a blazer.

KENTON: What’s your favorite piece in your wardrobe now?

Marloes Horst: Never an easy answer and it depends on my mood. I do love this white blazer from Theory that always seems to be the perfect complement to what I’m wearing.

KENTON: What gives you confidence in your job as model and in life?

Marloes Horst: I have always had a strong personality. I feel that having a strong belief in yourself is something you need not only as a model, but is very important in everyday life.

KENTON: How do you define “beauty?” What makes a woman beautiful?

Marloes Horst: Everyone’s beauty comes from the inside. It is confidence, happiness and love. Makeup is a fun tool to enhance the inner beauty you’re already sending out!

KENTON: Did you learn any beauty tips or tricks from your mother or grandmother?

Marloes Horst: I think I’ve actually given my mom some great beauty tips I’ve learned along the way! The only rule now is that she has to wear Maybelline.

KENTON: Best tips you have learned from the pros?

Marloes Horst: Being a model has opened up a whole new world for me. I have learned how to use products and which colors work best for my skin tone. It is a lot of fun because every makeup artist has his or her own special way of working, so I get to see a lot of different techniques. Ultimately, the best tip I’ve learned from the pros is to play around with products to find your favorite colors and textures. There is so much out there, have fun with it!

KENTON: What makeup items do you always have with you?

Marloes Horst:I always have concealer, mascara, and a Baby Lips with me. Together they’re the best way after a flight to look awake and ready for the day.

KENTON: What is your signature makeup look for day and night?

Marloes Horst: During the day I am pretty basic, wearing some mascara and a lip stain to look nice and fresh. In the evening, I like to add some eyeliner for a sexier look.

KENTON: Who is your beauty icon?

Marloes Horst: Brigitte Bardot. I feel like she embodied everything a woman is and should be.

ON THE MAYBELLINE NEW YORK BRAND

KENTON:  What does it mean to be a Maybelline New York Spokesperson?

Marloes Horst: Maybelline New York is such a huge and iconic brand that makes women look and feel beautiful, and I am very honored to be a part of it.

KENTON: What does “born with it” mean to you?

Marloes Horst: Makeup is a tool that helps enhance the beauty every woman already has. You get that extra confidence when you wear a coat of mascara or put on a daring lipstick. Born with it means that you had that confidence in you all along, it just took some makeup to bring it out!

KENTON: What was the first Maybelline New York product you ever used?

Marloes Horst: I love the Fit Me foundation. A makeup artist applied it on me at a shoot once and I’ve been using it ever since. It has a lovely texture which works very well with my skin.

KENTON: What are your favorite Maybelline New York products?

Marloes Horst: Next to the foundation, I love the mascaras. Right now I’m using The Rocket for volume and smoothness. It doesn’t give you any clumps! I am also in love with Color Sensational The Buffs lipsticks; they give the perfect finishing touch for a natural look.

ON YOUR FAVORITES AND NEW YORK CITY

KENTON: What does New York City mean to you?

Marloes Horst: New York is home to me. I have been living here for six years now. I fell in love with New York because it is the melting pot for so many nationalities. You fit in right away! Every area in New York has its own personality, which makes the city such a unique and special place.

KENTON: Describe New York City in one word.

Marloes Horst: Unlimited.

KENTON: What are your favorite places to shop for clothes in New York City?

Marloes Horst: The Meatpacking District and Bleeker Street are fun areas to stroll around and shop. I love the store Scoop NYC; they have clothes, bags, shoes and jewelry from a variety of different designers, so you can find everything you need in one store!

KENTON: What are your favorite restaurants in New York City?

Marloes Horst: Two of my favorite places are located in Union Square. 15 East is great for sushi. It is small and intimate, so make sure you’re on time for your table! Max Brenner has the best chocolate desserts and you feel like you’re in a Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory when you’re there!

KENTON: What do you do for leisure or fun in your free time?

Marloes Horst: I have a dog and she is the love of my life. I spend a lot of time with her; we wander around the city and go to different parks. I like to go to the movies or have a spa day. I also love going to a Broadway show or dinner with friends. That is the amazing thing about New York City, there is just so much to do!

KENTON: Where would you like to travel?

Marloes Horst: I’ve always wanted to go to Alaska to see the Northern Lights; there is something magical about them.

KENTON: What is your favorite food? Does it vary by location?

Marloes Horst: This is an easy one: sushi!

KENTON: Do you enjoy reading? What is your favorite book?

Marloes Horst: My mind needs to be at ease to be able to enjoy a book, so I read mostly on holidays. Sara’s Key, by Tatiana de Rosnay, is one of my favorite books.

KENTON: Do you exercise? What is your favorite workout?

Marloes Horst: I do Pilates and I box. The combination is perfect for me because they’re completely different exercises, so it keeps working out fun and interesting.

kentonmagazine

I think she is dating Alex Petyffer look at the Disney picture from her IG, he is the guy hugging in her from behind in a way too friendly way and in the candid picture they seem to be holding hands.

He is super hot so more power to Marloes :ninja: