Bellazon

Evangeline Lilly
Thumbnail

Cantor

I agree with you guys/girls. Most of these threads read the same, which is why it is easy to mistake a spammer for an actual poster. It is the people that bring the pictures and those who bother to write a sentence that make this place fun to visit.

This is my favorite picture in your last post, Nefertiti..

1e200881017415.gif

You know why? Because it isn't photoshopped, her teeth are a little out of line, her eyes are a little bloodshot, her brow is wrinkled. In other words...she looks human.

Omac, in your case, you said you have listened to Dylan for over a decade and love him..but we know you have listened to him for a decade. And that's great! And Dylan's great, I agree! But we don't know if Evangeline Lilly ever listened to a Stones album in her life! And that was my point. It's not like this hasn't occured before. If she's really a Stones fan, and knows Exile, then I'm wrong, and that's great! But if she really don't know anything about Exile, (which given her age is a probablility), she's a hypocrite. Only in it for the money. And that's sad.

Good points, well made. But you could just as easily argue that the Stones (or perhaps more accurately, their marketing machine) are trying to use younger celebrities to help them draw attention to a new product. They were an incredible group in their day but as good as the old stuff was (and still is), it's been 35 years since they made a decent record. They're no longer a rock band, they're a global brand. I don't make any distinction between this and seeing someone advertise Coca-Cola. If Evangeline is into the music then great, but the end result is the same. Either way, someone's trying to sell me something.

So now it is not adequate anymore if we just say words of praise for a star we really like? :blink: Because I think Evangeline is really pretty and natural. But I should rather be silent unless I've something more "valid" to say?

Don't mind me, really. I guess I'm in the wrong forum after all.

• 2 weeks later...
Good points, well made. But you could just as easily argue that the Stones (or perhaps more accurately, their marketing machine) are trying to use younger celebrities to help them draw attention to a new product. They were an incredible group in their day but as good as the old stuff was (and still is), it's been 35 years since they made a decent record. They're no longer a rock band, they're a global brand. I don't make any distinction between this and seeing someone advertise Coca-Cola. If Evangeline is into the music then great, but the end result is the same. Either way, someone's trying to sell me something.

35 years since they made a decent record? Excuse me, your musical inexperience is showing! That's only your opinion, and I would guess that you're too young to even be alive 35 years ago. Sure, they use younger celebrities for appeal, (I guess, if you say so), but most of them do it because they recognize the legend that is the Rolling Stones. Unlike you, they understand the talent and historical impact of the Stones, and feel a commitment to recognize it.

And Emma Frost, yes, you should wait for something valid to say. It would come off a lot better than you bitching and moaning incomprehensibly.

I wonder what it is that makes YOU so bitchy. Very amusing, though. ^^ (And since when do I bitch and moan incomprehensibly... :blink: That's news to me.)

But hey, I guess I'm not the only one who is most annoyed by your music - debate... I guess "presumption" is your second given name? Or am I mistaken?

And then I want to add something to what you said earlier:

"That's a great observation, frenchkiki! I've been waiting for someone to say that! Yes, I'd much rather hear some serious opinion rather than "amazing!". What's amazing about a picture of a pretty girl? It's not amazing, it's just the way she looks! Sure, there's a lot of beautiful celebrities out there...but what's amazing about it? They're just lucky enough to be beautiful. You don't look at an ugly girl and say amazing! It's not amazing, it's genetics. "

Some people here comment on posts because they like a certain outfit, a certain hairstyle or they think a photo is very good (but I guess you think praising good photographers is bad, too). I wonder what's your aim... Do you want people to have serious debates? Then why are you here and not in a political forum? Or do you just want to spoil the fun for some of us? O_o

35 years since they made a decent record? Excuse me, your musical inexperience is showing! That's only your opinion, and I would guess that you're too young to even be alive 35 years ago. Sure, they use younger celebrities for appeal, (I guess, if you say so), but most of them do it because they recognize the legend that is the Rolling Stones. Unlike you, they understand the talent and historical impact of the Stones, and feel a commitment to recognize it.

And Emma Frost, yes, you should wait for something valid to say. It would come off a lot better than you bitching and moaning incomprehensibly.

For someone who has been on this earth probably twice as long as I have you come across as quite immature. Telling people how to behave on a forum when nothing they said is offensive, isn't what I'd categorize as a 'valid' statement. Your condescending tone is annoying; the very IDEA that you are entitled to teach people here manners, discussion style or anything else is preposterous, especially when you contradict yourself by choosing to insult someone.

You like the Rolling Stones. Evangline Lilly went to a re-release of one of their albums, which might or might not indicate she likes their music. Does it matter? Because there's no way we can find out for sure without calling her up and quizzing her about her music taste. Opinions are opinions and you're sure entitled to have yours, as long as you don't force it upon others.

Now, to get back on topic:

Evangline's audition for LOST

One of my favorite pictures:

evangelinelillysexy.th.jpg

For someone who has been on this earth probably twice as long as I have you come across as quite immature. Telling people how to behave on a forum when nothing they said is offensive, isn't what I'd categorize as a 'valid' statement. Your condescending tone is annoying; the very IDEA that you are entitled to teach people here manners, discussion style or anything else is preposterous, especially when you contradict yourself by choosing to insult someone.

You like the Rolling Stones. Evangline Lilly went to a re-release of one of their albums, which might or might not indicate she likes their music. Does it matter? Because there's no way we can find out for sure without calling her up and quizzing her about her music taste. Opinions are opinions and you're sure entitled to have yours, as long as you don't force it upon others.

Thanks Expresso, I totally agree with everything you said. :)