Bellazon

Jurassic World

jj3

Jurassic World

Jurassic World is an upcoming American science fiction adventure film. It is the fourth installment in the Jurassic Park film series. The film was in "development hell" for over a decade since the release of Jurassic Park III in 2001. The film was initially scheduled to be released on June 13, 2014, but production was temporarily halted due to a disagreement between writers and Universal Studios regarding the film's script and direction. The film is scheduled to be released on June 12, 2015. Colin Trevorrow is directing a screenplay he co-wrote with Derek Connolly, with Patrick Crowley and Frank Marshall producing.[2] Steven Spielberg, director of the first two films in the series, will act as executive producer as he did for the third film.

Premise:
Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. This new park is owned by the Masrani Corporation. Owen (Chris Pratt), a member of Jurassic World's on-site staff, conducts behavioral research on the Velociraptors. After many years, Jurassic World's attendance rates begin to decline and a new attraction, created to re-spark visitor interest, gravely backfires.

Director: Colin Trevorrow
Writers: Michael Crichton (characters), Rick Jaffa (earlier screenplay), 
Stars: Chris Pratt, Judy Greer, Ty Simpkins | See full cast and crew ...

Much as I love Chris Pratt, I can't help longing a little for Sam Neill in the central role. He was just so believable as a dinosaur expert.

Overall though, leaving aside CGI that comes across as a bit rough in a couple of the scenes, I'm generally excited (albeit in a slightly nostalgic kind of way) about the prospect of watching a new Jurassic Park film in 2015. The original still stands up as an all-time classic blockbuster, hopefully this is the sequel it truly deserves. :yes:

:rofl:

Definitely they are they are. Plus people will always find something to complain about anyway. Probably they want to be consistent with the previous movies where feathered dinosaurs was not a thing back then? (Though a friend pointed out about feathered raptors on the third movie. Which I should see again, I don't remember that  :ninja: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Starlord commanding Raptors. Everything is awesome! :thumbsup:

If you wanted to create a new breed of dinosaur then why wouldn't you just go completely crazy with the design? Brachiosaurus body, Tyrannosaurus head, horns and frill of a Triceratops - something really out there. :laugh:

Starlord commanding Raptors. Everything is awesome! :thumbsup:

YES. So awesome, and yet at the same time slightly disappointing that the raptors are now trainable instead of the badass 'villains' they were in previous movies.

Not so thrilled about the whole "we created a new dinosaur because that worked out so well in the third movie." Not super original, but whatev. You see these movies for the dinosaurs and action, not for the intelligence and deep thinking. xD

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...