#1 Michael*

Michael*

Touch the stars, feel what we're made of

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

z9gs.jpg

The official title of The Avengers 2 was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con over the weekend.

Joss Whedon's eagerly-anticipated sequel is called The Avengers: Age Of Ultron. Though it shares its title with a comic book series called Age Of Ultron published by Marvel earlier this year (2013), Whedon has confirmed that the film won't use the same storyline. "We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron," he explained in a Marvel video interview.

Ultron, a well-known supervillain from the Marvel universe, is described in his official bio as "a criminally insane rogue sentient robot dedicated to the conquest and the extermination of humanity".

The sequel's logo was projected onto a video screen in the Comic-Con lecture hall during the Marvel panel on Saturday night (July 20) and Marvel executive Ryan Penagos soon shared it on Twitter.

Last month (June), Robert Downey Jr signed a deal to return as Iron Man in the new Avengers movie. The rest of the cast has yet to be confirmed but Marvel has promised a mix of "favourites from the first Avengers film and new Marvel characters never before seen on the big screen".

Writer-director Whedon is currently working on the script and shooting is due to begin in London early next year (2014). The Avengers: Age Of Ultron will open in cinemas on May 1, 2015.

images2ph.jpg

#2 MissLimaVzla

MissLimaVzla

Normal people scare me.

• Members
  • 14,339 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Wohooo! Can't wait for more info to come out :clap:

I did read that producers said that Black Widow will have a big part on this one which is exciting, Natasha deserves some love

WWMsFwm.jpg
Adriana Lima - Elsa Hosk - Nina Agdal - Sara Sampaio - Jac Jagaciak - Hannah Davis - Stella Maxwell
Alexandria Morgan - Frida Gustavsson - Marloes Horst - Gigi Hadid - Emily DiDonato

#3 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

It'd feel a bit wrong to have Ultron in the picture without Ant-Man, I hope Whedon plans on including him (and Wasp too). :yes:

images2ph.jpg

#4 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

'Kick-Ass' star Aaron Taylor-Johnson confirms he's in talks for 'The Avengers 2' role

Aaron Taylor-Johnson has revealed he's in talks with Joss Whedon and Marvel to appear in The Avengers 2. Last month (June), the Kick-Ass star was linked to the role of Quicksilver, a mutant with superhuman speed who's set to feature in the sequel alongside his twin sister the Scarlet Witch. "I feel really flattered and honoured that they came to me for that role," Taylor-Johnson confirmed in an interview with Collider, before essentially admitting that nothing has been decided yet.

"I think he's an interesting character and we're just gonna keep going into that. I sat down with Joss, I think he's awesome, I sat down with the guys at Marvel and they're also great; I think it'd be interesting," the actor said noncommittally.

Last month (June), Robert Downey Jr signed a deal to return as Iron Man in the new Avengers movie, which is now officially titled The Avengers: Age Of Ultron. The rest of the cast has yet to be confirmed but Marvel has promised a mix of "favourites from the first Avengers film and new Marvel characters never before seen on the big screen". Whedon has recently promised that Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow is a huge part of the sequel, so it's a pretty safe bet that she'll be back too.

Whedon is currently working on his script for The Avengers: Age Of Ultron and shooting is due to begin in London early next year (2014). In the meantime, Kick-Ass 2 starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson is due to open in UK cinemas very shortly on August 14.

How interesting. Two different takes on Quicksilver (he's also confirmed to appear in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past') in as many years. :unsure:

images2ph.jpg

#5 MissLimaVzla

MissLimaVzla

Normal people scare me.

• Members
  • 14,339 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Yes, that's going to be interesting to watch. And it's also going to be a pain in the butt for both actors who play the role

WWMsFwm.jpg
Adriana Lima - Elsa Hosk - Nina Agdal - Sara Sampaio - Jac Jagaciak - Hannah Davis - Stella Maxwell
Alexandria Morgan - Frida Gustavsson - Marloes Horst - Gigi Hadid - Emily DiDonato

#6 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

Boo! :/

Tom Hiddleston Says Loki Won’t Appear in ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’

One of the most popular elements of the Marvel Cinematic Universe thus far has been the delicious evil of Thor’s adopted brother, Loki. As portrayed by English actor Tom Hiddleston, the character wreaked havoc in Thor and The Avengers, and his lust for power (and ill-conceived alliance with Thanos) ultimately served as the device to finally unite Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. However, it’s looking like the god of mischief will play a far less crucial role in the overall scheme of Marvel’s Phase Two. He’ll appear in this fall’s Thor: The Dark World – paying penance for his crimes and possibly seeking some form of redemption – but writer/director Joss Whedon has gone on record saying that Loki will not return in the Avengers sequel. Now that claim looks to be even more official. Entertainment Weekly recently caught up with Hiddleston, who confirmed that Loki will not be part of the action in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Here’s what the actor had to say:

“He’s not in it. Here’s the thing: I don’t think there’s anything else Loki could contribute to ‘The Avengers,’ narratively. Joss gave me so many wonderful things to do in that first film that we’d only be trying to repeat ourselves, and probably less well in the second one.” Given previous reports, the news is not a particularly surprising one. After all, the world of The Avengers is undeniably an ensemble cast, and despite his proven skill for balancing a large number of characters, even Whedon has his limits.

Case in point, Age of Ultron will reportedly see expanded roles for both Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner). Plus, new characters like Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and (of course) the titular villain mean that perhaps cutting Loki from the film is the best way to prevent the story from becoming too bogged down, a point Hiddleston himself is quick to acknowledge. “When I think of all the things I loved as a child, for example, Hans Gruber wasn’t in ‘Die Hard 2.’ And in ‘Indiana Jones,’ by the time he moved from the ‘Lost Ark’ to the ‘Temple of Doom,’ there was a whole new bad guy. I think keeping it fresh and new is good for ‘The Avengers’ even though it’s a shame for me. And let’s face it, there’s seven or eight of them as it is, and Joss is thinking about adding two more, so the screen’s gonna be a busy place. But I had the time of my life on that film. It was the most fun ever.”

Perhaps Loki will confront the Avengers in another film down the line – assuming that his absence in Age of Ultron doesn’t imply that the character’s fate is in jeopardy – but in the meantime, Hiddleston is looking forward to continuing his character’s arc in the upcoming Thor sequel. “Oh, I’ve got plenty to do in ‘Thor [2],’ believe me. A lot of new stuff. It’s a new iteration of the character. It’s a new development. Another trick, another poker game for the god of mischief. And he plays it well.”

images2ph.jpg

#7 MissLimaVzla

MissLimaVzla

Normal people scare me.

• Members
  • 14,339 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! No Loki for me? :cry:

WWMsFwm.jpg

#8 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

James Spader to play villain in 'The Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

James Spader is to play the main villain, Ultron, in Joss Whedon's sequel to The Avengers.

Marvel broke the news on its official website yesterday (August 29). Spader, 53, won three Emmy awards for his role as maverick attorney Alan Shore in US TV dramas The Practice and Boston Legal and has racked up numerous movie appearances over the years including Lincoln, Stargate and Sex, Lies And Videotape.

Whedon announced at San Diego Comic-Con last month (July) that his forthcoming sequel has now been given its final title: The Avengers: Age Of Ultron. Ultron, a well-known supervillain from the Marvel universe, is described in his official bio as "a criminally insane rogue sentient robot dedicated to the conquest and the extermination of humanity".

Spader joins Robert Downey Jr, who recently signed a deal to return as Iron Man in another two Avengers movies. The rest of Age Of Ultron's cast has yet to be confirmed but Marvel has promised a mix of "favourites from the first Avengers film and new Marvel characters never before seen on the big screen".

Whedon is currently working on his script for The Avengers: Age Of Ultron and shooting is due to begin in London early next year (2014). Marvel has set a release date of May 1, 2015.

I approve, as long as he doesn't try to spank Widow. ;)

Interesting that they haven't really confirmed exactly which Avengers will be used in this yet. I assume it's virtually a certainty that Captain America and Thor will show up at some point, but the official cast list only mentions Downey and Ruffalo, while Whedon has only said that Widow and Hawkeye will be returning, which of course guarantees Scarjo and Renner's involvement. I suppose a lot could depend on how 'Dark World' and 'Winter Soldier' end. :unsure:

images2ph.jpg

#9 MissLimaVzla

MissLimaVzla

Normal people scare me.

• Members
  • 14,339 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

I don't think any of the originals other than Loki will be getting cut TBH, if anything Hulk is the one who I can see not making it to this one but Thor & CA I'm pretty sure will be back

WWMsFwm.jpg

#10 MissLimaVzla

MissLimaVzla

Normal people scare me.

• Members
  • 14,339 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

There you go, my imaginary husband confirmed he'll be in The Avengers 2 while responding about doing another Snow White movie

"If there's a hunger for another one. I had a great time making the film. I'm not sure what they plan on doing. I'm kind of booked up in Avengers [2], we do Avengers next year and that kind of takes up most of the year. And then press for Thor [2] this year and it just depends when we can squeeze it in. It's getting kind of narrower and narrower." 

WWMsFwm.jpg

#11 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

I don't think any of the originals other than Loki will be getting cut TBH, if anything Hulk is the one who I can see not making it to this one but Thor & CA I'm pretty sure will be back

Before Whedon's confirmation of Renner's involvement, I actually had Hawkeye down as the character most at risk of not making the cut, simply because he was so unlike the Hawkeye of the comics. It's understandable that they wanted to change his costume for the movies (the purple Robin Hood get-up with the mask and everything would have looked rather silly on film), but his character was little more than a generic soldier with a bow and arrow. Since they've decided to use him again for this next one, I hope they find space within the running time to make him less of a blank canvas.

images2ph.jpg

#12 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

There you go, my imaginary husband confirmed he'll be in The Avengers 2 while responding about doing another Snow White movie

"If there's a hunger for another one. I had a great time making the film. I'm not sure what they plan on doing. I'm kind of booked up in Avengers [2], we do Avengers next year and that kind of takes up most of the year. And then press for Thor [2] this year and it just depends when we can squeeze it in. It's getting kind of narrower and narrower." 

:thumbsup:

images2ph.jpg

#13 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Gwyneth Paltrow 'unlikely' to return in 'The Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

Gwyneth Paltrow has confirmed that no one from the camp of The Avengers 2 has contacted her about reprising her role as Pepper Potts yet.

News about the sequel to the 2012 smash hit superhero flick has been swirling the net lately. One of the most talked about bit was James Spader being casted as lead villain Ultron in part two. However, while more names are being added to the list of cast in The Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron, one name might be missing as the credits roll: Gwyneth Paltrow.

According to the star, director James Whedon nor any of his staff or people from Walt Disney Studios has contacted her about doing the film. "I don't think so, nobody has asked me," Paltrow told HitFlix in an interview. The star was totally oblivious of the goings on of the movie that she didn't even know that the sequel was called "Age of Ultron", even asking "What is it called?"

She added, "Well, no, I don't think so. I haven't heard anything. My phone has not rung for Avengers 2." Gwyneth originally played the role of Pepper Potts in the film series Iron Man, across Robert Downey Jr. who plays the superhero. Potts is the love interest of Iron Man/ Tony Stark, and was part of the first Avengers movie ensemble.

In a short talk with E! Online at the Toronto Film Festival premiere of her new film Thanks for Sharing, the 39-year-old actress also said that doing Avengers 2 is unlikely. "I don't know," she told the entertainment news website. "I'm getting old for this s--t, you know what I mean?"

The Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron is set to be released in 2015. And if Paltrow is not returning in the movie, this will be the first time that ladies' man Tony Stark will be without a lady in an Iron Man film.

Too old? The 64-year-old Samuel L. Jackson and the 48-year-old Robert Downey may disagree. I%20dont%20know.gif

images2ph.jpg

#14 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

Though I'd imagine the movie is still in the very early stages of development, they're busting out the teaser clips already. This one gives a brief glimpse of Ultron's robot mug. :hehe:

images2ph.jpg

#15 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

Elizabeth Olsen Joins The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Samuel L. Jackson today confirmed that Elizabeth Olsen has joined the cast of The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, the star – who plays Nick Fury in the Marvel movies – said “I know we’re shooting in London, that James Spader is Ultron and going to be the bad guy, and that we added Ms Olsen, but I don’t know what she’s doing, if she’s on the inside or the outside. I haven’t seen a script.” Olsen was previously in talks to play Scarlet Witch in the movie, so it now looks like that’s a done deal.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron his screens worldwide in the summer of 2015.

images2ph.jpg

#16 RafSecret

RafSecret

☦ 1970-2014 ☦

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

^ Completely wrong choice for Scarlett Witch. :/

2SWH9FY.jpg

✿ฺ We've all been played, we all get hurt, just take that pain and let that motherf*cker burn ✿ฺ

#17 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Respectfully disagree on that, Elizabeth closely resembles the way Wanda usually looks in the comics, and was phenomenal in 'Martha Marcy May Marlene'. I think she's a far better choice than Saoirse Ronan, who was previously thought to be the front runner. :yes:

fbe8.jpg

images2ph.jpg

#18 Michael*

Michael*

• Admin
  • 11,723 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

I'm really starting to look forward to this movie now. Question is, how do I kill the next year-and-a-half? :pinch:

images2ph.jpg

#19 MissLimaVzla

MissLimaVzla

Normal people scare me.

• Members
  • 14,339 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

^ Watch Captain America 2 & Thor 2 in April so you'll have just a year of wait :laugh:

I don't like Elisabeth Olsen either to be honest, I don't think she fits with the rest of the cast at all but oh well, nothing's perfect

WWMsFwm.jpg

#20 RafSecret

RafSecret

☦ 1970-2014 ☦

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Respectfully disagree on that, Elizabeth closely resembles the way Wanda usually looks in the comics, and was phenomenal in 'Martha Marcy May Marlene'. I think she's a far better choice than Saoirse Ronan, who was previously thought to be the front runner. :yes:

fbe8.jpg

You have a point there, but I just don't sort of see her embodying the role very well, she doesn't come off as superhero style actress, nor is she sexy enough for the role (I know that might sound a little misogynistic but I'm keeping in mind of all the sketches done, it's boobs-butt galore)

Nor am I really into the idea of Aaron Taylor Johnson being Quicksilver, considering Quicksilver's character in the comics is almost bipolar (same with Wanda), Aaron just looks like a stoned out of it guy. Plus when he get's his hair died into the bleach blonde I don't know what I'll expect  :idk:  Maybe I'll be more understanding when we know fully what their character's involvements are in the plot line but so far these new castings aren't working for me. We still don't know if Jeremy Renner is reprising his role right?

2SWH9FY.jpg

✿ฺ We've all been played, we all get hurt, just take that pain and let that motherf*cker burn ✿ฺ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel, Avengers 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users