Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/united-nations-names-leonardo-dicaprio-733215?facebook_20140916

"I feel a moral obligation to speak out at this key moment in human history — it is a moment for action," says the actor in addressing climate change

Leonardo DiCaprio has been tapped by the United Nations to be honored with the title of Messenger of Peace, and the actor has been asked to speak on Sept. 23 at the U.N. Climate Summit to address the topic of climate change, the international organization announced on Tuesday. 

Climate change may be the political topic most closely associated with the Wolf of Wall Street actor, who has regularly made headlines for his commitments to addressing the issue.“It’s an honor to accept the role of U.N. Messenger of Peace on Climate Change and to support the Secretary General in his efforts to address one of the most important issues we face as a global community,” said DiCaprio in a statement. “I feel a moral obligation to speak out at this key moment in human history — it is a moment for action. How we respond to the climate crisis in the coming years will likely determine the fate of humanity and our planet.”

In February, DiCaprio pledged a donation of $3 million to marine conservation and followed with an additional $7 million pledge several months later. On Sept. 21, two days before the U.N. Climate Summit in New York, the Clinton Foundation will honor the actorfor his committed environmentalism during a Manhattan gala event featuring Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and Chelsea Clinton

Other Hollywood industry notables who have been given the Messenger of Peace title by the U.N. in recent years include Edward Norton, Michael Douglas, Charlize Theron, George Clooney andStevie Wonder

"United Nations Messengers of Peace/Goodwill Ambassadors are distinguished individuals, carefully selected from the fields of art, literature, science, entertainment, sports or other fields of public life, who have agreed to help focus worldwide attention on the work of the United Nations," reads the statement on the U.N. website that explains the selection process. 

congrats to Léo <3

Leonardo DiCaprio @LeoDiCaprio  ·  21 min

Honored to accept at this key moment for #Climate2014. RT @UN: Ban Ki-moon names @LeoDiCaprio Messenger of Peace http://j.mp/1Dfihgg 

masha & fash

BIG THANKS 4 DA FANTASTIC NEWS  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :thumbsup: 

aaaaawwwwwwwwwww...Leo the messenger of peace :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  I`m soooo proud of Leonardo & I`m soooooo proud of being a huge fan of him  :wub2: 

"UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the news at a press conference and said DiCaprio "is not just one of the world's leading actors," but has provided "a longstanding commitment to environmental causes."

:PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:

Haha, LOVED this article.  :hehe:

10 Reasons Leonardo DiCaprio is Basically the Best at, Well, Everything

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/10-reasons-leonardo-dicaprio-is-basically-the-best-at-well-everything-43142

And even comes with this HOT pic, gahh, those eyes...  :woot:

post-39932-0-1446087589-23806_thumb.jpg

And this one with his mother I never saw, too cute.

post-39932-0-1446087589-27003_thumb.jpg

masha & fash

BIG THANKS 4 DA FANTASTIC NEWS  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :thumbsup: 

aaaaawwwwwwwwwww...Leo the messenger of peace :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  I`m soooo proud of Leonardo & I`m soooooo proud of being a huge fan of him  :wub2: 

"UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the news at a press conference and said DiCaprio "is not just one of the world's leading actors," but has provided "a longstanding commitment to environmental causes."

:PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:  :PinkCouture2:

I feel the same way!! So proud to be a Leo fan! He's so amazing :wub:

Thanks Barbie for the life and style article. (Y)

Aren't new pix , but are some pix we haven't seen before from Leo's visit to Ft McMurray & Fort Chip that appear in interview with director Darren Aronofsky

Michael Brune, executive director of the Sierra Club, organized the trip with his team. He asked if there was anyone I would like to invite and so I emailed Leonardo DiCaprio, whom I’ve known a bit over the years. Leo wrote back right away and said the trip sounded fascinating and he would love to join.

1411129439120_cached.jpg

1411119930345_cached.jpg

1411119931010_cached.jpg

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/19/darren-aronofsky-and-leonardo-dicaprio-s-descent-into-environmental-hell.html

Fash

Tks for article :)

Thought it was nice that Richie chose a pix with Leo for his birthday instagram post from his birthday party 7 years ago in NYC

richie_akiva

1 day ago · 1OAK NY THE INSTITUTION

Throwback to 7 years ago today my birthday @1oaknyc what an amazing night! But tonight will be my first LA birthday @1oakla hopefully it will be as memorable can't wait! See u there! #turndownforwhat #1oaknation #alpha @howuseeit

post-52324-0-1446087591-97461_thumb.jpg

Kat

Tks for party vid :)