Bellazon

Guti
Thumbnail

Nicole

Guti: Barça Were Gentlemen

Real Madrid midfielder Guti has praised Barcelona's attitude on and off the field, but insists nothing could have prepared him for what transpired during Wednesday's Clasico clash...

Los Merengues produced an amazing display at the Santiago Bernabéu to claim a resounding 4-1 victory over their archrivals last night.

Guti said after the game that the result was "surprising", and insisted he would not have believed it even if someone had told him the outcome beforehand.

The 31-year-old praised Barca for paying court to the newly crowned league champions, and said: "They were real gentlemen, not only the players, but also Rijkaard.

"We did the same in their situation, we should not give this more importance but it was a very big emotion."

Complicated

The result further confirms Barca's current crisis, something Guti himself confessed to have experienced at Madrid.

"We went through the same some years ago and it is complicated, handling it on the field with these players when you have lost all the options in the league and you were just eliminated from the Champions League," he said.

"But they have to move forward and forget this season as soon as possible."

Special

Guti made way for Robinho on 71 minutes, and was rewarded with a standing ovation from the club's supporters - a reception which thrilled the Spaniard.

"Having your family and several friends watching you, the title and the result... It was very special," he confessed.

Guti was also keen to acknowledge that the commitment of players like Casillas or Raúl, in tandem with the desire displayed by the younger brigade, were key in Madrid's successful title defence.

no problem, chic, don't trouble yourself. :) You do such a great job of sharing all the time, i thought after i posted that you would've posted anything you found with the others anyway!

That's a great pic of him with his two kids - i can't believe how fast they grow! and Aitor is identical to José.

Guti's a great player...

Haha me and my friend always wind up my friends brother(madrid supporter) by saying guti's a psycho on the pitch...its funny coz he gets so angry!.. :p

But i like Guti...v.good player

guti2961.jpg

Guti and Arantxa went to a show with their kids, where they apparently were very loving with each other.

They went to "Cavalia", a show along the lines of Cirque de Soleil, but with about 60 horses and 40 people.

a vid about the show, not about Guti and Arantxa: