Bellazon

Renee Simonsen
Thumbnail

nanook351

oh, my 100th post!! this is from u.k. cosmo magazine, page 51, no idea about the date, but must have appeared later than january 1986 as the original layout was published in the u.s. cosmo magazine of january 1986. any info about the date of this u.k. one is WELCOME!

post-21846-1218907628_thumb.jpg

source: U.K. COSMOPOLITAN January 1987

source added! :)

Hi! :wave: Bought this lately on ebay and the seller claimed she´s Renée Simonsen. What do you think?

post-21846-1255875464_thumb.jpg

source: U.S. Sassy October 1988

NO I don't think it's Renee.

Hi pal :blush:

it is me from Denmark

no it is not Renee

:heart:love

Hi markymark! :hug: Thanks for your opinion about the photo and WELCOME to Bellazon! It´s great you´re here now finally! :kiss: :kiss:

One of my fave pics of renee

With Ashley Richardson

Vogue Usa 12_1986

Model: Renee Simonsen - Ashley Richardson and also Hunter Reno on this serie

Scanned by me Silvana- sdg scans moda scans

Please quote me if you re post them

Im working some scans but my computer is sloooowww so tech came 3 times but still not working fine

Thanks for the previous scans Alex

Silvy

(If this was not posted I can post the rest of the editorial) could not check as my computer has not much memory... ,mmmmm)

post-31842-1257135013_thumb.jpg

post-31842-1257609818_thumb.jpg

post-31842-1257610020_thumb.jpg

post-31842-1257610952_thumb.jpg

Renée Toft Simonsen (born 12 May 1965) is a former model from Denmark, who currently works as a writer. Simonsen was one of the most successful models in the world during the 1980s.

In 1981 she caught the attention of the fashion editor Birte Strandgaard, who convinced photographer Leif Nygaard to do some photos of her. Simonsen subsequently participated in the Ekstra Bladet Contest and won 2nd place. In July 1981 she appeared on the cover of the Danish magazine Fotokino.

The following year she won the Ekstra Bladet Contest, and was chosen to represent Denmark at the Supermodel of the World contest, which she won in August 1982. Renee was the ultimate embodiment of beauty in the 1980s, and her most amazing feature are her piercing blue eyes. In December 1982 she appeared in the American edition of Vogue.

From 1983 on she became one of the quickest rising stars of the international modeling world, being featured on the covers of numerous international fashion magazines. She was the cover girl for the German Vogue in March, April and September.

In 1983 she was featured on the cover of Roxy Music's Atlantic Years album.

From 1985-1989 she dated bassplayer John Taylor of the British band Duran Duran to whom she was engaged. That same year, she debuted as an actress in Carlo Vanzina's Sotto il vestito niente (The Last Shot), playing a psychopathic murderer. Besides her many modeling jobs, in 1987 she worked again with Vanzinain on the comedy Via Montenapoleone.

In 1988 she decided to take a break from fashion. After breaking up with Taylor in 1989, she lived for 3 months in a kibbutz in Israel with her sister Heidi. Despite an offer to audition for the role of a Bond Girl in one the upcoming James Bond films, the following year Simonsen ended her modeling career and returned to Denmark to study journalism. After failing the qualifying examination she began to study psychology instead.

From 1991 on she again worked as model for Vichy cosmetics. In 1993 Simonsen became the face of Biotherm cosmetics.

She has two children from a relationship with Kristian Sandvad: Ulrikke, born in 1993, and Jens-Kristian, born in 1995.

In 1997 she worked as a fashion editor for the Danish magazine Asschenfeldts Magasin, which was however stopped after a few issues. In summer she started a relationship with Danish rock singer Thomas Helmig - whom she married in August 2000 - Together they got a son - named Hugo age 11 today.

In 2002 she completed her degree in psychology with success.

In 2003 Simonsen signed a contract to the French cosmetic company Clarins and began appearing in magazine advertisements for mature skincare products.

In October 2003 she published her first children's book, entitled Karlas kabale.

In 2006 her children's book Anthony Greenwood was nominated for the Danish book-prize "Orla" and she was awarded with "The Most Dynamic Women" award by cosmetic company Clarins for her social engagement at Plan Denmark.

Her book "Karlas kabale" makes it 2007 to the movies and has premiere in November. In August appears her first novel "Tirsdag formiddag" (Tuesday Morning)

post-35649-1257185777_thumb.jpg

One of my fave pics of renee

With Ashley Richardson

Vogue Usa 12_1986

Model: Renee Simonsen - Ashley Richardson and also Hunter Reno on this serie

Scanned by me Silvana- sdg scans moda scans

Please quote me if you re post them

Im working some scans but my computer is sloooowww so tech came 3 times but still not working fine

Thanks for the previous scans Alex

Silvy

(If this was not posted I can post the rest of the editorial) could not check as my computer has not much memory... ,mmmmm)

:wave: Hi silvana! Thanks for the scan. Yes, put the rest of it also, please. I did a search for "VOGUE" in this topic, but it wasn´t found. So guess it´s not here - or without description, and who cares for then?! ;)