Bellazon

My goodness, what are you thinking about now??? ( No politics version )

Cult Icon

My understanding is that they are attracted to each other because of the Djinn. It's highly suggested in the mission "the last wish" (that you just shared) in the Witcher 3 (the name of the mission refers to a short story in the book where he makes a wish to the Djinn).

We don't know what the wish exactly is, but they say (in the game and the series) that it's the reason why they're attracted to each other.

I heard from book readers that in the book, Yennefer wins over Triss. 

I picked on with the Djinn however I feel like it's the author's way of hedging a storytelling contrivance- before "the Last Wish" there are no romantic relationships that Geralt participates in (except visiting brothels).  In the short story "Sword of Destiny", he meets Ciri and there is another thing like this invoked, attaching Ciri to Geralt.

However the Yennefer-Geralt relationship is written in a realistic way and there is no indication that Geralt's romantic mind changed.  He just likes this type of relationship.

Later on in book 2 there is another romantic liason, and they are the same as the ones in Witcher 3- they have some drama, have sex, and then she orders Geralt to do sh*t for her! LOL.

I think that Yennifer's behavior is just like a lot of real women in real life. I think this psychology is evolutionary, like they are constantly pushing their men to do stuff and constantly are unsatisfied.

+ This is character in book 2 (Essi) that is connected with Dandelion.  If I remember correctly, when Geralt meets Dandelion in Witcher 3 this woman (who doesn't appear in the games) is talked about.  Another thing I find interesting about the book is that Dandelion accompanies Geralt a lot in the stories, just like in the first act of the game.

https://www.google.com/search?q=witcher+essi&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiFic-0u83zAhWJqnIEHRRzCuoQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=witcher+essi&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzIHCCMQ7wMQJzIFCAAQgAQyBggAEAgQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgQIABAYMgQIABAYOggIABCABBCxAzoICAAQsQMQgwE6BggAEAUQHjoGCAAQChAYOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAVC4C1ihRWCXR2gGcAB4AIAB4gGIAbwQkgEGMTQuNC4ymAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=hwBqYcWpH4nVytMPlOap0A4&bih=500&biw=1093

Now that I am nearly done with book 2 I scanned the TV series for a few minutes and it looks like they dig into book 3 as I don't recognize a lot of stuff.  So I will have to read books 8 and the 3 before I do the series.

I know that the many (many) women find Henry Cavill attractive. I also know that the law for men attractiveness is a "winner takes all" law, whereas women attractiveness is more diverse. BZ is a proof of that: the best looking actor, Leo Dicaprio, sucks nearly all the attention, while the lesser known actors have very inactive threads. For women, you see many many active threads and the repartition is more spread out. That's how it is. The "female gaze" is extremely selective and extremely elitist when it's about partners. On the other hand, they are very collectivist and against competition, when it's about anything else. It's not a judgement BTW, that's how it is and I've seen many studies actually showing that.

Anyway, I digress... My point is that I know Cavill is seen as attractive, but I don't really understand why. His body is too thick / too muscular, I don't really see it as a functional body type and I agree with you: it's too much for the Witcher. Cavill looked better when he was younger. Guys like Michael Fassbender or Viggo Mortensen would look better as Geralt. They're muscular but "nervous type", with leaner bodies (not bodybuilder profiles).

Yeah, literally in a extreme, feminist matriarchy if it was economically and socially possible they would just get the top crust of supermen breeding with all the women, that's what the science shows.  A large portion of males would die without mating with any partner.   It also shows how pre 1950s- male dominated cultures tried to reduce female sexual selection power to a low level, particulary among the Muslims.  Now we're back to where women are winning and are reducing male power in all spheres of life.

The Dicpario thread is the most disturbing thread on BZ to me, thanks to his career of reading outloud and the nonstop PR he has a gaggle of women who are obsessed with him since they saw Titanic and Romeo & Juliet.  He wouldn't give them anymore more than few words and an autograph if they met him.

As far as Cavilli goes his body is silly in the role, a pure classic bodybuilder type with muscles so big that it would hamper his flexibliity in swordsmenship and martial arts.  His biceps, chest etc are huge and look silly to me.   He would also have to explain how in medieval times he could eat 300 grams of protein everyday and take steriods lol. 

I agree with you about Viggo (when he was young) and Fassbender.  Bruce Lee  focused on building small but extremley ripped muscles, and developing extremely fast twitch muscles for the movie screen.  

I liked Brad Pitt and Bana's physiques in Troy 2004, they are closer to what a military athlete would look like.  Another good physique for the TV screen was the Maximus' black friend from Gladiator.  To sum things up Geralt of Riveria wasn't written as a manwhore but a fighting man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCoAdQAfKJk

Troy Archilles vs Hector

The book covers use artwork of Geralt that look more like Witcher 2, and the author's intent.  I do understand the artistic change in Witcher 3- since we have to see his face so much, it's better for marketing and gaming if they made Geralt better looking and more like a ruggedly handsome lumberjack! :

png-clipart-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-k806-1-1464382900.jpg

Fassbender as Macbeth, 2 swords too!

Michael-Fassbender-in-Macbeth-%C2%A9-STUb0e9e2a850339136348f303faed52b938404de28

+ another thing I picked up on in the books is that Yennefer is sterile and wants to become fertile again.  This is very important to her.  And there are ways, however rare and expensive to regain that ability in their world.  However I don't think they addressed this in Witcher 3 and the endings in the game.  

It seems like they avoided this potentially interesting aspect in the games, of how Geralt and Yennefer could retire and then start a family.

I liked Brad Pitt and Bana's physiques in Troy 2004, they are closer to what a military athlete would look like.  Another good physique for the TV screen was the Maximus' black friend from Gladiator.  To sum things up Geralt of Riveria wasn't written as a manwhore but a fighting man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCoAdQAfKJk

Troy Archilles vs Hector

Great scene, that's the kind of fighting scenes I really like. Huge stakes for the characters and the whole story, and a realistic fight with "athletic" physics.

Fassbender as Macbeth, 2 swords too!

Michael-Fassbender-in-Macbeth-%C2%A9-STUb0e9e2a850339136348f303faed52b938404de28

This guy is great. One of my favorite actors. He was in 300 too. I like the way he smiles in the face of danger.

I've seen that one before. It's a great scene.

Have you heard about the "last duel"? This movie looks good, but I dunno when I'm gonna have time to watch it. Have you already seen it?

No, I haven't.  I have been checking to see if it's been leaked online yet.  It hasn't so far.  It seems to be theatre only.  

Very worry, I need good job, I hope be contract in good long job. I hate how I studied a lot and then the less studdnt people have better jobs and let fall the students. So sad, I want good life, and not be with people who only want you without money, without boyfriend, without all you want, only because they are friends, and I want to meet new good people and not people who I don t want to lool at eyes. Sad.

On 11/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, Tania82 said:

Very worry, I need good job, I hope be contract in good long job. I hate how I studied a lot and then the less studdnt people have better jobs and let fall the students. So sad, I want good life, and not be with people who only want you without money, without boyfriend, without all you want, only because they are friends, and I want to meet new good people and not people who I don t want to lool at eyes. Sad.

are you feeling better today?

On 11/7/2021 at 11:59 AM, Tania82 said:

Yes, thank you. Bad year to me, very frustratrd, regressive in bad way  I am tired to be in 2016, without money, stable job... I want to progress, meet peoole I want, Do my dreams reality. And you?

I know what you mean. : (   Life seems to be not giving back what you give it.   Misfortune.  

I am content recently, have few desires but not particuarly joyous.