Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

Ronaldo: Real will have great season!

Cristiano Ronaldo is undaunted by the high expectations at Real Madrid and believes that silverware is close at hand.

With expectations at the Santiago Bernebeu higher with every passing season, this season could be crucial for Real after the arrival of super-coach Jose Mourinho, and Ronaldo is also of the opinion that this will be Real's year.

Speaking to his club's official website, the Portuguese said: "The goal is always the same: to win.

"We have a very good team and I am sure that if we work hard and have a little luck then we will win a title or two this year."

Ronaldo had been criticised on being too selfish in his play last season, but promised to make amends by the quality of his team play.

"I will try to score as many goals as possible this year, but I will also provide assists and help in any way I can", he added.

"Sometimes goals aren't what count.

"I am always motivated and I want to win every game I play.

"I always have the same goal: to play well, help the team and win. I want to continue improving. I am a champion."

The former Manchester United star also gave an insight towards the winning mentality that Mourinho had brought to the club.

"I enjoy the pace of training sessions.

"I love the coach's methods and I am sure that he will give us a good chance of winning.

"He is one of the best managers in the world and we will do everything in our power to win.

"Mourinho is a winner. I am very happy to work for him. I am sure we will win a title this year."

Loading comments...

Problems loading Disqus?

Ronaldo sets Ajax return date

Real Madrid's injured star Cristiano Ronaldo could return for their UEFA Champions League clash against Ajax next Wednesday.

The former World Player of the Year suffered an ankle injury in Real's Primera Division opening round goalless draw against Real Mallorca.

The injury forced the Portuguese to miss Portugal's disastrous Euro 2012 qualifying matches against Cyprus and Norway where they drew 4-4 and lost 1-0 respectively.

But Ronaldo has targeted his club side's clash with Ajax as a possible return date.

"I feel better and we'll see how it (the injury) develops," he told reporters.

"I'm still not perfect but almost at one hundred per cent. I'll return as soon as possible, maybe in two days I can rejoin the squad."

"I believe I can be ready for the match against Ajax."

Real have been drawn in UEFA Champions League Group G alongside AC Milan, Auxerre and Ajax.

Cristiano Ronaldo:"The points are all that count"

satelliteblobcolurldatar.th.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos commented on Real Madrid's first league win shortly after the final whistle.

Cristiano Ronaldo:

"We are happy that we won. It was our priority, especially after Barcelona lost. I wasn't expecting Barcelona to lose, but we had to win no matter what. We didn't play that great, but the points are all that count."

"I am pleased that Carvalho scored his first goal in his first match at the Bernabeu, but I am happier with the team's performance."

"Beating Ajax is important in order to get off to a good start in the Champions League. Why wouldn't I play against Ajax after playing against Osasuna?"

CRISTIANO RONALDO:" I HAVE A SPECIAL FEELING ABOUT THIS SEAOSN"

“We have all the necessary ingredients to win the competition, but we have to take one step at a time and avoid putting pressure on ourselves”

Cristiano Ronaldo is confident things will improve and has a feeling the team will win a title this season.

“This club, as always, has the ambition to win the Champions League. I have a special feeling about this season. We can win, but we cannot put pressure on ourselves. We have all the necessary ingredients to win the competition, but we have to take one step at a time.”

“We are happy with our game on Saturday. Our goal was to win the match and take three points. We can play better and score more strikes. I’m sure we’ll do better, we’ll grow more confident and we’ll win. We are going to win this year. I have a feeling we will. I am abitious and I want to win. Mourinho is the best coach in the world and I’m sure we will win and create spectacle.”

“At times it isn’t possible to play well and be spectacular. It’s better for the fans to help us and motivate us to play well. Our supporters have fun when the team plays well and scores goals, but we can’t thrill them with brilliance all the time. It is on occasion convenient for fans to thrill players as well. All of us at the stadium want what’s best for Rreal Madrid and, together, we can make this a feared team at home.”

“I don’t think Barcelona are weaker this year because the season has just started. I was surprised by their defeat because I didn’t expect it, but you can’t value a situation when only two games have taken place.”

“I’m sure Mourinho didn’t just mean I alone had to be protected by referees. I’m sure he also meant other players, and not just those at Real Madrid. In general, people who create spectacle should be overprotected.”

“I’m sure I will soon score again. Don’t worry about it. We have to think exclusively about winning right now. This team is under construction; many of us had never played together before.”