Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

Cristiano Ronaldo: "We'll be better than Barcelona next season"

post-50543-0-1446197229-50846_thumb.jpg

While still on Turkey, Cristiano Ronaldo took the opportunity to grant a new interview to a Turkish media called "Vatan". The competition among journalists to get this exclusive interview was fierce and Ronaldo talked about his expectations for next season and how confident he is on Real Madrid being much stronger and able to beat Barcelona.

Thousands of Turkish fans received Cristiano Ronaldo in Instanbul in the last weekend and even though CR7 is used to get very warm receptions, he confessed he got a bit overwhelmed with what he witnessed in Turkey. Cristiano Ronaldo: "It was incredible, I had never seen such thing in my life. I can say now that I got speechless at the time"

Cristiano Ronaldo started by being asked about what he knows about Turkish football and the Turkish League. CR7: "I must confess that I usually don't follow much what happens in Turkish footbal. I know a bit about Besiktas, mostly because I have some friends in that club. Ricardo Quaresma, Hugo Almeida, Simão Sabrosa, or Manuel Fernandes are good friends of mine. They all tell me that Besiktas has really good and passionated fans. I also have a good friendship with Yildirim Demirören, Besiktas president, who is a really good and honest person."

Next season, Real Madrid will have three Turkish speaking players in the squad: Mesut Ozil (German), Nuri Sahin and Hamit Altintop. Cristiano Ronaldo they will help the team being more succesful: "Ozil had a great start with Real Madrid already. He adapted really well and he also came from German football. That's another reason to be confident about both Nuri Sahin and Altintop adaptation into Spanish football. I'm sure that language differences will be no obstacle for them to fit in, because here, at Real Madrid, we're all united towards winning and we're all excited with the team we're building to face the challenges coming ahead."

Talking about challenges made the expectable question popping out. What about Barcelona. Does Real Madrid have what it takes? Do the "Merengues" have enough weapons to beat their biggest rivals? Cristiano Ronaldo: "If we want to win the Spanish League (La Liga) we have to believe we can defeat Barcelona. They are good, I have no doubts on that, but I believe we are building a better team. I'm also confident next season we'll be stronger than Barcelona and we'll be able to beat them."

Then the journalist asked about Lionel Messi, and if he represents an additional motivation factor to keep improving. Cristiano Ronaldo: "I honestly don't care about what other players do or achieve. We have completely different styles and personalities. We should only worry about what happens at home (Real Madrid) and focus in our team. That's what I do at least."

Cristiano Ronaldo also approached a topic that newspapers and magazines love to gossip about. Nightlife and parties. However, CR7 assumes he has no bad habits and said he goes to bed early in the night every since he started competing at high level and he sleeps very well. Nights out only happen in Cristiano Ronaldo life when he's on vacations and he's the first to admit that, just to avoid misunderstandings from the media.

There was still time to ask Ronaldo if he would consider moving to Turkey and Besiktas in future. Cristiano Ronaldo: "No one knows the future, so we should never say never in life. This is a golden rule for everyone and I might consider an offer in a few years.

Cristiano Ronaldo still had time to admit he's very happy with the relationship with his girlfriend, Irina Shayk. CR7 said that a happy player always performs better and he doesn't think there's a big difference in being married or just dating. Before ending the interview, Cristiano Ronaldo had a statement that will probably brake many hearts all around the World, after confessing: "I'm very in love with Irina Shayk!" Will we be hearing wedding bells any time soon for Ronaldo and Irina?

Pelé: "Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the best in the World for now"

Pelé joined the debate and spoke about Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, but also left a warning note regarding Neymar's potential. The "King" said that Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi are the best in the World right now, but the Argentinian is still one level above the rest.

It seems like it's turning out to be the eternal question of the modern football era. In a topic almost impossible to find a consensus, Pelé shared his thoughts on the matter and said that Lionel Messi is the best player in the World right now, overcoming Cristiano Ronaldo and Brazil's rising star Neymar.

Pelé: "Messi better than Pelé? Messi is the best in the World for now, but he still needs to score at least 1283 goals more, in order to be seen as the best football player ever. There's also Cristiano Ronaldo, who has a lot of strenght and scores plenty of goals every season. He still has a lot of potential.

Pelé believes that the World Best Player "fight" is exclusive to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, but only because Neymar is still very young. "Please don't tell me that Neymar has to be the best in the World at the age of 19, because that's just too much responsability for such a young kid. He has time to develop and become the best player in the World in future. I'm pretty sure he'll get there someday, but for now, the best players in the World are Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi. I also hope that Neymar can give his full contribute to the Brazil National Team and doesn't do the same that Messi does with his weak performances for Argentina." Pelé also said that Neymar best choice for the short-term should be accepting the challenge to play in Real Madrid, under the command of José Mourinho. "I advised Neymar to transfer to Real Madrid, but Santos President doesn't want to sell him until the 2014 World Cup."

However, Maradona doesn't seem to agree with the Brazilian legend and spoke recently to the Spanish television "TVE", reffering to Neymar as a rude boy who shows no respect for anyone. "Neymar is not polite at all, a bit like Pelé. Messi in the other hand, is an exceptional player and I doubt Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar or anyone else in the World can be better than him."

Iker Casillas and Cristiano Ronaldo Praised by Sports Illustrated's World XI

According to the Real Madrid website, Iker Casillas and Cristiano Ronaldo have been selected by Sports Illustrated's World XI.

Iker Casillas was selected on the basis of being the best goalkeeper in the world.

During the 2010-2011 UEFA Champions League, Copa Del Rey and Liga Espanola First Division, Casillas participated and started in 54 matches in 5,629 minutes. The total passes by Casillas was 1,027.

The number of complete passes by Casillas was 680 out of 1027 compared with 347 of the incomplete ones. Casillas has 341 steals, 273 turnovers, 40 conceded goals, four penalty kicks conceded, one assist, five fouls drawn and one foul committed.

The only problem with Casillas was one red card and four yellow cards during the season.

Cristiano Ronaldo was selected on the basis of being the best forward during the 2010-2011 season.

Ronaldo was the recipient of the 2011 Golden Boot Award.

The total number of Ronaldo's activity during the 2010-2011 UEFA Champions League, Copa Del Rey and Liga Espanola First Division was 54 games, 365 shots, 53 goals, 151 crosses, 33 yellow cards (including provoked), 14,467 minutes played, 613 turnovers, 2,335 passes (1,963 of which were complete), 41 fouls committed, 129 fouls drawn, 151 crosses and nine penalty kicks.

The awards by Sports Illustrated show that the Santiago Bernabeu made impressive advances in spite of his second place finish in the 2010-2011 season.

Cristiano Ronaldo continued his summer holiday in Algarve with girlfriend Irina. But this time, he took all of the family member with him, including his son, Junior.

Travelling in a yacht seems like his favorite kind of holiday. However, despite in his most relaxed moment, he still showed the hates to the paparazzi who’s taking pictures of his son, by giving them a welcome ‘finger’…

ronaldo2-700x1000-210x300.jpgcristiano-irina-236x300.jpg