Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

Cristiano Ronaldo is now training with the Portuguese National Team, in order to prepare the match against Norway, next weekend. CR7 was asked to comment about Real Madrid's possible signing of Fábio Coentrão, who currently plays for S.L. Benfica and Ronaldo said that he's one of the best in the World.

Cristiano Ronaldo is probably one of the few players in Real Madrid who knows the true value of Benfica's Fábio Coentrão. There have been many rumors about several clubs being interested in signing the Portuguese left back, but Real Madrid is probably on the top of that list. CR7 affirmed to the Spanish newspaper "As", that his friend is one of the best players in the World.

Cristiano Ronaldo: "Fábio Coentrão is a versatile player, who can play in several different positions. He's one of those players that can be really useful to any team." CR7 and Fábio Coentrão have been spending the last training sessions always side by side, and that just reinforces the rumors that Real Madrid could actually be really close to seal the deal. Benfica is currently asking around 30 Million Euros (the release clause price) for the Portuguese left back, but Real Madrid is trying to pay a little less than that.

However, there are legit doubts about this deal really going forward, since Real Madrid already has one of the best left backs in the World, Marcelo. Even though Fábio Coentrão can play more upfront when needed, it wouldn't make much sense to have two of the best left backs competing for the same spot. But that's something we'll have to wait and see, since José Mourinho usually covers all the angles on these matters and now that Jorge Valdano is out, the Portuguese coach will be controlling every signing and exit in Real Madrid.

Real Madrid fitness coach: Cristiano Ronaldo can play until he’s 38

The La Liga giants’ fitness coach believes the Portuguese attacker can continue at the top level for many years due to his superior fitness levels

Real Madrid fitness coach Valter Di Salvo claims the club’s top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo can emulate former Manchester United team-mate Ryan Giggs and play into his late 30′s.

Ronaldo has enjoyed a superb season on a personal level, breaking the La Liga goalscoring record in the process, netting 40 times to overtaking Hugo Sanchez’ 38.

However, the 26 year old had to settle for a Copa del Rey winner’s medal in 2011, with Madrid coming up short in their pursuit of La Liga and Champions League glory.

Di Salvo, who joined the Spanish giants from Manchester United in the summer of 2003 is also adamant Ronaldo’s big money move to the Bernabeu in 2009 will turn out to be a bargain.

“It is difficult to say where the ceiling is for Ronaldo because he never gives up. I think he will play upto 38 years at the top. Like [Ryan] Giggs, he is a professional and an example for all his companions,” the fitness coach told Marca.

“I think that Madrid made a cheap signing because he will play at the highest standard for many years and he will give a lot for Madrid.”

The Italian coach believes Ronaldo’s professionalism when it comes to looking after his body is the reason why he will enjoy a prolonged career.

“I know Ronaldo well. He is a maverick, he loves to work hard. He doesn’t just watch his diet, he takes care of everything. He measures everything he eats, what he drinks and has hours of rest,” he added.

Ronaldo has scored a total of 86 goals for Madrid in 89 games since his arrival from the Premier League two years ago.

source: goal.com

Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo have already planned the 2011-12 pre-season. The team will travel to China and play 2 games against Guangzhou Evergrande in the 3rd of August and Tianjin Teda in the 6th of August. In a marketing campaign, Cristiano Ronaldo left a video message in English to the Chinese people, saying that those will be "two big games that can't be missed".

Cristiano Ronaldo addressed a video message to the Chinese people, in order to invite everyone to watch the pre-season matches that Real Madrid will play in China in the beginning of August. Besides Cristiano Ronaldo, also José Mourinho talked and the Special One even did it in Chinese, making a request for the Real Madrid Chinese fans to go watch the games.

Even though Cristiano Ronaldo spoke in English, his teammates Xabi Alonso and Kaká made an effort to leave short messages in Mandarin (Chinese language), following the coach José Mourinho. In what can be seen as a strong marketing move into the Asian markets, Real Madrid is now attempting to expand their brand and this pre-season promises a great show, now that this team has finally had the time to know each other. Below you can watch the video that Real Madrid published in China:

Cristiano Ronaldo message to China (in English): "Two big games you can't miss"

China represents a market to explore and it's not exactly a surprise that players such as Cristiano Ronaldo or Kaká will trigger a lot of enthusiasm around the Chinese community. One of the European clubs that has already shown to understand perfectly how these Asian markets are important nowawadays, is certainly Manchester United, who has traveled several times to China during pre-seasons in order to dispute friendly matches and somehow charm more audiences to their brand. Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to count with a large ammount of fans support, since there are several fan clubs based in China.

news203.jpg

John Carew: "Cristiano Ronaldo was better than Messi this season"

The Norwegian striker John Carew, previewed tomorrow's clash between Norway and Portugal, by first saying that Cristiano Ronaldo did better than Lionel Messi in the 2010-11 season. CR7 finished the season with 54 goals and Messi got just 1 goal behind, with 53 goals, but both players deserved the highest praisings possible from John Carew.

Portugal and Norway will have an important match tomorrow, for the Euro 2012 Qualification stage and both teams believe in their own chances to win the match. John Carew showed to be very confident about the game, but reckonized that Norway will need to have some luck and also expects that Cristiano Ronaldo isn't very inspired tomorrow. The game will be broadcasted live, here on ronaldo7.net.

John Carew noted that Cristiano Ronaldo is on a tremendous moment and he is sure that CR7 will be one of the main threats that Norway will have to deal with, in order to beat Portugal. Carew: "Cristiano Ronaldo did better than Lionel Messi this season. However, I think Messi is the best player in the World, even though this season Ronaldo was better. Cristiano Ronaldo did the best season of his life and it will be very difficult to play against him. I expect a very tough match."

John Carew: "Portugal has a great team, one of the best in the World, but we also have our own weapons and chances. Portugal will play at home and will probably have more ball possession throughout the game, but we will have to concentrate on defending very well. I'm confident we'll have two or three goal opportunities and I hope we can score at least one goal."

The Norwegian striker started his professional career in a small club in Norway, called Lørenskog, before transfering to Vålerenga in 1997. Being only 17 years, he then helped the club to get promoted to the main division in Norway, the Tippeligaen and won the "Norway Cup". After that, Carew transfered to Rosenborg in 1999-2000, where he scored 19 goals in 17 games and ended transfered to Valencia in the end of that season. In the last years, he still played for clubs such as AS Roma, Beşiktaş, Lyon, Aston Villa and Stoke City. John Carew also counts with more than 80 caps and over 20 goals when playing for Norway.

Portugal hope Ronaldo can fulfil his lust for glory on national stage

A lack of silverware has left La Liga’s goal king feeling he has a lot to prove, starting tonight against Norway

Cristiano Ronaldo’s season has been an arch-narcissist’s dream; beating the inimitable Lionel Messi to Spain’s Pichichi league goalscorer crown after netting 40 times in just 32 La Liga starts, the Portuguese registered 53 in 54 matches in all competitions.

Yet the last 10 months have been a strangely unfulfilling experience for a player habitually portrayed as having a self-regard that would make Piers Morgan blush.

Ronaldo’s obsessive standards of personal excellence – the 3,000 abdominal crunches per day, the unwillingness to celebrate Karim Benzema’s goal against Almeria last term after the Frenchman followed up Ronaldo’s own saved penalty – do not compromise his burning desire to hoard all the collective bounty that the high end of the game has to offer. “To score 50-plus goals isn’t easy, and I’m extremely happy with this,” he said in Lisbon this week. “But what I want more is trophies.”

Real Madrid’s Copa del Rey triumph over Barcelona was clinched by Ronaldo’s imperious header (one of the few disciplines in which even Messi cannot hold a candle to him), but represents a meagre return in Jose Mourinho’s first season.

No amount of ego-polishing from Real’s daily cheerleader, Marca, will change that, though the newspaper is trying its best, trumpeting on its Thursday cover that Ronaldo has already made it into Real’s top 20 all-time goalscorers after just two seasons. He is just 17 goals behind his celebrated Brazilian namesake, who scored 104 in four-and-a-half seasons at the club between 2002 and 2007.

While his, and Real’s, next crack at Barça must wait for a few months, Ronaldo has an early chance to purge his frustration at being forced to watch Messi, Xavi and company blaze a trail at Wembley, when Portugal take on Norway in tonight’s crucial Euro 2012 qualifier at the Estadio da Luz in Lisbon. Not only do Portugal have the opportunity to wrest control of a qualifying campaign that began disastrously in the dying embers of the Carlos Queiroz reign, but Ronaldo has the chance to continue his rehabilitation at the hub of the national side.

Last year’s World Cup, when he told a live Spanish camera crew to “fuck off and film the winners” after the second-round exit to eventual champions Spain, was just the nadir of a miserable spell with his country. The assumption that reuniting with Queiroz, present for his greatest triumphs at Manchester United, would fire his Portugal form proved a rash one. In the two-year reign of the former United assistant, Ronaldo scored just twice.

The functional tactics of Queiroz had intensified in order to clinch a World Cup spot in extremis, with centre-back Pepe moved into a defensive midfield slot to stiffen the side. Ronaldo cut a miserable, isolated figure. When Mourinho entered the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Barça with Pepe reprising that enforcer role for Real, Ronaldo could have been forgiven for emitting a shudder, though he insists he is “not thinking about moving”.

Paulo Bento, appointed in late September in Queiroz’s stead, is a safe pair of hands to set Ronaldo’s mind at ease. The former Sporting Lisbon coach has revitalised Portugal and Ronaldo has scored in three of the four games under Bento, including qualifying strikes against Denmark and Iceland.

Achieving a Nordic treble against Egil Olsen’s side would complete the transformation, and avenge the September defeat in Oslo that compromised Portuguese prospects. “What happened in Norway was our fault and we have to admit that,” said Ronaldo. Yet he has no wish to dwell on the sacking of Queiroz or Portugal’s difficult autumn. “The past is the past and I don’t want to talk about it. The present is good, the players happy and we want to continue this great work.”

Ronaldo has left behind previous flashpoints at the Estadio da Luz, where the former Sporting player was barracked by Benfica fans on a Champions League visit with United in December 2005, and was banned and fined by Uefa for offering a middle finger in response. He is now, of course, untouchable as Portuguese sporting royalty, and his last appearance at the stadium was a memorable one, as Portugal humbled Spain 4-0 in a friendly in November.

Still, Ronaldo was left fuming with his erstwhile United colleague Nani for denying him a sensational goal that night, heading in the Portugal captain’s already-goalbound chip over club-mate Iker Casillas from an offside position after he had skinned Gerard Pique and Xabi Alonso. Ronaldo is more of a team man than he is given credit for, but the will to be the best still burns strongly within. He knows that only when he resumes winning silverware will he glean the personal recognition he feels he deserves.

Ronaldo’s Strike Power

Manchester United

2003-04 League apps / goals 29/4 / Champions League apps / goals 5/0

2004-05 Lge 33/5 / CL 8/0

2005-06 Lge 33/9 / CL 8/1

2006-07 Lge 34/17 / CL 11/3

2007-08 Lge 34/31 / CL 11/8

2008-09 Lge 33/18 / CL 12/4

Real Madrid

2009-10 Lge 29/26 / CL 6/7

2010-11 Lge 34/40 / CL 12/6

Portugal Debut: v Kazakhstan, August 2003 Games: 80, goals: 26

Cristiano Ronaldo: I have no intention of leaving Real Madrid

Portugal captain puts to bed any rumours over his future at the Bernabeu amid reports he is being monitored by former side Manchester United

Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed he will intention of leaving Real Madrid during the summer transfer window amid speculative reports linking him with a Premier League return.

The 26-year-old, who scored 40 goals in La Liga, is adamant that the allure of winning bigger titles with Madrid following their Copa del Rey triumph last term will keep him busy at the Bernabeu.Yet, reports of interest from England, including former club Manchester United continue to surface, but the Portugal international has no doubt over his future.

“I’m happy at Real. I want to win more titles for the club. I’m settled at Real Madrid and I have no intention of moving,” Ronaldo told the press.

An immaculate season was crowned with the Copa, but Ronaldo admits he wanted much more following failed bids to win La Liga and the Champions League which ended in the hands of rivals Barcelona.

“In relation to goals, it was a special season, without doubt. Scoring 50 odd goals is not easy, and I’m extremely pleased about it. But what I wanted more was titles,” he added.

Ronaldo’s Portugal play Norway in a Euro 2012 qualifier on Saturday, and the aim is clear as his side are behind them in Group H after losing 1-0 in Oslo earlier in the campaign.

“We’re at home, in front of our own fans. I’m confident we’ll win. I know Norway; I know they’re a good team. It’s going to be difficult but I believe Portugal will play a good game and win,” he added.

“If we win we’ll be first in the group. We have to beat Norway so we can go on holiday relaxed.”

Portugal lead Group H with 1-0 win over cautious Norway

Portugal striker Helder Postiga struck in the second half to secure a 1-0 home win against a cautious Norway side on Saturday to leave them top of Euro 2012 qualifying Group H on goal difference.

The Norwegians had managed to keep Portugal at bay during the first half with a strong defensive performance, but Portugal returned from the break with more menace and Nani sent in a cross that Postiga to sidefooted home after 53 minutes.

Having relied on rapid counter attacks in the first half, Norway failed to threaten after going behind while Portugal’s intricate play failed to create another clear chance.

Portugal had a poor start to the campaign but have recovered under coach Paulo Bento, who took over after Carlos Queiroz was sacked in September, and are now level on 10 points with Denmark, who won 2-0 in Iceland, and opponents Norway.