Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

Ronaldo not interested in Citizenship

Real Madrid superstar has refused talk of a move to Manchester City, saying money is not everything.

According to reports in the Sun, the wing wizard was dismissive of reports that the Premier League big-spenders were keen to splash the cash for him, to the tune of £150 million in transfer fees, and £21 million a year in wages.

Ronaldo said: "It's not bad huh? We have to think about it well. I'm not going to City. I give you my word. I'm not going. Money is not the most important thing.

"If it was for money I could have the double of what I have.

"If it was for money I would leave. The most important thing is the behaviour of the people and they treat me tremendously here and I am very happy in Madrid."

The 26-year-old is on £13.5m a year, and made history at Real Madrid last season, scoring 53 goals.

Speaking to Cope radio he added: "I would sign for 10 years for Madrid, until the end of my career. Why not sign for life?"

"Ronaldo can play till he is 38"

Real Madrid fitness coach Valter Di Salvo believes Cristiano Ronaldo can follow in Ryan Giggs' footsteps and play into his late 30s.

The Portuguese star has enjoyed a spectacular season on a personal note, smashing the La Liga goalscoring record in the process, netting 40 times to overtaking Hugo Sanchez' 38.

Giving his assessment on Ronaldo, Di Salvo foresees another decade or more at the highest level for the 26-year-old and is adamant he has been a bargain buy for Madrid.

"It is difficult to say where the ceiling is for Ronaldo because he never gives up. I think he will play up to 38 years at the top. Like [Ryan] Giggs, he is a professional and an example for all his companions," the fitness coach told Spanish daily Marca.

"I think that Madrid made a cheap signing because he will play at the highest standard for many years and he will give a lot for Madrid."

"I know Ronaldo well. He is a maverick, he loves to work hard. He doesn't just watch his diet, he takes care of everything. He measures everything he eats, what he drinks and has hours of rest," he added.

Ronaldo has scored a total of 86 goals for Madrid in 89 games since his arrival from the Manchester United two years ago.

Ronaldo: I'll sacrifice goals for titles

Cristiano Ronaldo is willing to sacrifice personal glory in exchange for winning trophies with Real Madrid.

The Portuguese star scored a staggering 53 times in all competitions for the Spanish giants during the concluded season, smashing the La Liga goalscoring record in the process, netting 40 league goals to overtake Hugo Sanchez' 38.

While Ronaldo enjoyed an impressive season on a personal note, the same could not be said of Madrid, who despite lifting the Copa del Rey title, lost out on the La Liga and Champions League titles to their bitter rivals Barcelona.

Speaking after Portugal's 1-0 Euro 2012 qualifying win over Norway, the 26-year-old claims he is willing to put aside his goal tally in exchange for club success.

"I would prefer not to score as many goals and win more titles," he told Spanish newspaper Marca.

A section of fans whistled the winger during the crucial win over the Scandinavians at the Estadio da Luz stadium, but the player stated that the noise is of little concern to him.

"I don't listen to anything. I am happy for the result. Paulo Bento's arrival has improved the team which is now solid, confident and mature and this is why we are first [in the group]."

Portugal, Denmark and Norway are all level on 10 points in Group H, but Bento's men are ahead on goal difference.

Cristiano: "I wish to win Real Madrid's tenth European Cup title"

"I feel great in Madrid; I'd sign to stay on for ten more years"

Cristiano Ronaldo was interviewed by Cadena Cope in Lisbon. The player analysed the season, discussed the team's latest signings, and praised Jose Mourinho.

"I wish to win Real Madrid's tenth European Cup title. I know what's happened in Madrid in the last few seasons and I'm sure the city will come to a standstill if we win the Champions League. We should nonetheless avoid obsessing about it. Things turn out better when there's no mental pressure. We'll win the 'Tenth' sooner or later."

"We all expect to win important things next season. I'm sure we will, and so is the coach, because his second season on every other team he's coached was always better than the first, just like this was mine thanks to him and my teammates. We will win titles this season. We have the potential to win it all."

"Mourinho has proved to be the best in every league he's participated in. The best are those who prove to be so in several league championships and he's won every previous one he's played in. He has a strong winning mentality. I'm delighted to work with him and I hope he stays on for a long time. The fact he's now in Madrid working proves he is a great professional. I'm sure we will be tactically different this season. Mourinho knows we must improve and I'm sure we will all win something important together."

"I'm not going to leave Real Madrid, at least not for the time being. I chose Madrid over Barcelona for a reason. I feel fine in the city and how poeople treat you is what's really important. I'd sign on for another ten years and would gladly retire at Real. I had the chance to join Barcelona and other teams, but I chose Real Madrid because I liked them more than the rest. Money isn't the most important thing. I want to see my contract through."

"I will support our new signings when they arrive. Callejon knows the league very well and our two new Turkish/German players have a great mentality."

"I like Adebayor a lot. He is a very good player and an even greater teammate. He is great for the squad. He and Marcelo make everyone happy. He is positive for the team."

"Kun Aguero and Neymar are excellent players. Kun is one of the greats and Neymar could become a star of the future. Coentrao is a friend of mine. He is versatile and may well be the best Portuguese player currently playing in Portugal. He would be a great signing. He is very ambitious. Mourinho knows him well and knows he can help Real Madrid improve."

Kaká: "Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Messi"

post-50543-0-1446197218-50077_thumb.jpg

In a recent interview to ESPN Brasil show "Bola da Vez", Kaká affirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Lionel Messi. For the Brazilian superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo is surely a more complete player, but he also reckonizes Messi is phenomenal.

Kaká is the first to admit that he didn't have a great season this year, but the Brazilian player is confident next season will be different. Kaká said that Barcelona is currently the strongest team in the world, but he also pointed a few things he didn't like to watch in the "Clasicos" between Real Madrid and Barça.

Kaká: "I think we did well against Barcelona this year. It's not easy to play against them, because they are a team who keeps the ball possession almost during the entire game, just passing it around. The way we managed to play against them, by pressuring their midfield, really created them some difficulties that no one else was able to accomplish this season."

Even though Kaká reckonized the immense value this Barcelona team has, he also added some negative points to Barça: "Whenever there's a foul during the game, the entire Barcelona team runs towards the referee. That sort of things is done to pressure the referee's decisions. I wonder what would happen if we started doing it as well? Just imagine how it would look like..."

Kaká also kept some kind words for his manager: "José Mourinho has a total different speech inside the locker room when compared to the one he has to media and newspapers. He helps us a lot by calling our attention to small details we have to be careful at in certain games and always defend us against the press comments, referees or anything else that comes in the way."

Kaká: "Mourinho is really different. He can motivate an entire team towards the same objective. Everyone was talking about the fact that Real Madrid couldn't get through the last 16 round in the Champions League and we made it to the semi-finals. The same thing about the Copa del Rey, which was a trophy that Real Madrid didn't win since the 90's and we won it this season. José Mourinho is a coach that really cares about details. What the common football fan sees as a colective analysis, he'll focus at the indivual level. He often takes a photo from some tactic display that the team had during a certain game and he talks individually about each player, to correct things."

Kaká: "I must also say that Mourinho helped me a lot during the period I've been injured. He told me that his office door would always be open. And I went there a few times this year, to talk about what I felt regarding my physical condition. I told him I didn't feel ready yet in order to help the team the way I know I can do. I told him I wanted to train more and harder so I could to get my old shape back, and I planned doing more specific speed exercises and other sort of drills."

The Brazilian player didn't forget to talk about the rivalry going on between Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. If Kaká had to choose between both, he would pick his teammate. Kaká: "It's hard to pick one. But I would stick with Cristiano Ronaldo because he's more complete. Messi is a genius, but I definately prefer Cristiano Ronaldo because he's a more versatile player. Messi can't score goals with his head, he only does it from time to time, for example."

Cristiano Ronaldo is now on vacations in Algarve, Portugal. We'll release some new photos from his last days later this week.

Casillas calls Ronaldo his frenemy

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas has revealed that he regularly argues with team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

In an interview with ESPN, the goalkeeper said of Ronaldo: "He's a friend and a team-mate. A team-mate and a friend. But he's also an enemy, because we argue a lot."

However, Casillas did have nothing but praise for Ronaldo's 40 league goals for Madrid last season, claiming that he would pick the Portuguese ahead of five-time Pichichi winner Hugo Sanchez in a Real Madrid fantasy side.

"I never played with Hugo and I did not see him play much," he said.

"I will stick with what I know and that's Cristiano. It's not by chance that he scored 40 in a season. And he has done it before so he must be good."

Ronaldo scored an incredible 53 goals in all competitions last season but it only resulted in Madrid lifting the Copa del Rey trophy. Instead, bitter rivals Barcelona took home La Liga as well the UEFA Champions League crown but Casillas believes Madrid are taking important steps under new manager Jose Mourinho.

"He [Mourinho] has formed a competitive team with aggressive character and he has made us more mature," Casillas said.

"We are a young team and our first tooth came out with the Copa del Rey. But we are not satisfied and we have to be more ambitious."

Madrid beat Barca 1-0 to win the Copa del Rey.