Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

This weekend, the English newspaper "Sunday Mirror" published an interview with Cristiano Ronaldo. However, Ronaldo himself publicly announced on his Twitter and Facebook personal pages that the interview was entirely false.

Cristiano Ronaldo released a statement on his personal Facebook and Twitter pages, denying having granted the interview that the British media "Sunday Mirror" published this weekend, written by Jim Hughes. CR7 is still on vacations with his son and his girlfriend Irina Shayk and affirmed that he never met with the reffered journalist or anyone else from the Sunday Mirror staff in the last days.

Cristiano Ronaldo posted the following statement on his Twitter and Facebook personal accounts: "The Sunday Mirror publishes an interview with me today. All that content is false. I have never spoke with the newspaper, and never made those statements." In the reffered false and fake interview, Cristiano Ronaldo was quoted saying that he doesn't like London and he would only play in a North West English club, which would be the same as saying he would only consider a move to either Manchester City or Manchesster United.

Sunday Mirror false story also contained statements from Cristiano Ronaldo regarding the Manchester City approach in order to attempt transfering CR7 to the Citizens. On this matter, Ronaldo would have allegedly said that if José Mourinho had left to Chelsea in the end of this season, then he would have left Real Madrid and joined Manchester City, because he was flattered to receive an offer around 20 million pounds a year. Once again, those statements were false and Real Madrid fans can relax because Cristiano Ronaldo will keep wearing the number 7 shirt in the next seasons.

Best attacking trio in Europe

Between them, Real Madrid strikers Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Gonzalo Higuain tallied 65 goals in La Liga last season, making them the most effective attacking trio in European football.

Jose Mourinho's team scored 102 goals in 38 league games. Real Madrid had reached the 100-strike mark only four times before, and became the top scoring side in the 2010/11 edition of the championship.

As mentioned above, Ronaldo, Benzema and Higuain tallied 65 of those 102 goals, making them the team's top scorers, followed by Kaka (7), Ozil (6) and Di Maria (6).

They also make up the best attacking trio in Europe, followed by Barcelona (61 goals), Bayern Munich (52), Lille (47) and Manchester United (44).

Cristiano scored a record 40 strikes in the championship last year, while the team earned impressive victories over such sides as Valencia (2-6), Sevilla (3-6), Malaga (7-0) and Almeria (8-1).

Ronaldo: I would have joined Man City

Cristiano Ronaldo was willing to consider a move to Manchester City, but will not leave Real Madrid while Jose Mourinho remains in charge.

The Portuguese winger was the subject of reported interest from free-spending City earlier this summer, with record-breaking transfer fees and bumper pay packets discussed.

Ronaldo responded to the rumours by hinting that he could be tempted back to England if the price was right.

He has, however, sought to play down any chance of that happening this year by insisting that he will not leave the Santiago Bernabeu while countryman Mourinho is overseeing events in the Spanish capital.

Ronaldo said in the Sunday Mirror: "It's flattering to be offered £20million a year - it's very good, but I spoke to my agent and I think it's better to stay in Madrid because this year we're going to be the best. This season we are going to be a big force.

"Jose Mourinho is staying at Madrid so I stay.

"If he went to Chelsea then I would have left. I would have gone to Manchester City. But now he's staying, I'm staying."

While his immediate future remains in Madrid, Ronaldo has revealed that he does intend to take in a second spell in the Premier League.

Having enjoyed a successful six-year stint with Manchester United between 2003 and 2009, he admits he would welcome the opportunity to return at some stage in his career.

"I think if I went from Spain it would be to the Premier League - but not now," he said.

"First we have to win the Champions League.

"If I went back to the Premier League it would be with a club in the North West. I don't like London."

Ronaldo himself publicly announced on his Twitter and Facebook personal pages that the interview was entirely false.

Cristiano Ronaldo vacations are ending and tomorrow, the 11th of July, Real Madrid unite troops and kickoff the pre-season for 2011-2012. In the end of this article, you may check the 2011-2012 pre-season table containing the schedule for Real Madrid matches and events in the next weeks.

Cristiano Ronaldo vacations are coming to an end, and this Monday 11th of July, not only CR7 but also the entire Real Madrid team is expected to gather in Valdebebas, Madrid to start the pre-season for the 2011-2012 campaign. In the next weeks, Real Madrid has scheduled to play 7 friendly matches, being the first against L.A. Galaxy in the 17th of July and the last one against Tianjin Teda in China, in the 6th of August. Remember that you can watch all those matches in ronaldo7.net, inside the Live Game Streams section.

ristiano Ronaldo and his teammates should arrive Madrid tomorrow, around 9AM (local time), in order for the medical exams routine, and just a couple hours later, Real Madrid has a booked flight in the Baraja Airport to travel to the Los Angeles, United States. The first training will only take place the following day, Tuesday, and the first friendly match of the season will have as opponent David Beckham's L.A. Galaxy team, in the 17th of July (Sunday). Real Madrid new transfers are already expected to travel with the team and below you may check the full Real Madrid roster for the 2011-2012 pre-season:

GOALKEEPERS: Antonio Adán (Spain), Iker Casillas (Spain), Jose Fernandez Collado (Spain), Tomas Mejias (Spain)

DEFENDERS: Raul Albiol (Spain), Alvaro Arbeloa (Spain), Jose Casado (Spain), Fábio Coentrão (Portugal), Jose Nacho Fernandez (Spain), Marcelo (Brazil), Pepe (Portugal), Sergio Ramos (Spain), Ricardo Carvalho (Portugal), Raphael Varane (France)

MIDFIELDERS: Jose Callejón (Spain), Esteban Granero (Spain), Kaká (Brazil), Sami Khedira (Germany), Mesut Özil (Germany), Nuri Sahin (Turkey), Xabi Alonso (Spain),

FORWARDS: Karim Benzema (France), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Jese Rodriguez (Spain), Jose Luis Mato San Martin (Spain)

Real Madrid has planned to stay in the United States for 13 days. In this period, Cristiano Ronaldo will work hard to recover his shape and will most likely play in all the 3 friendly matches that are scheduled in Uncle Sam's lands. David Beckham will play for the first time against his former team Real Madrid, now defending the colours of L.A. Galaxy.

Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo first official match will be the Spanish Super Cup Final against Barcelona (1st of 2 matches) and will take place in the 14th of August, in the Santiago Bernabéu. Check the full Real Madrid pre-season schedule 2011-2012 below:

11 of July: Medical exams (Valdebebas, Madrid)

11 of July: Travel to Los Angeles, United States of America

11 of July: Arrival to Los Angeles, United States

17 of July: Los Angeles Galaxy vs Real Madrid (Los Angeles, United States)

21 of July: Chivas Guadalajara vs Real Madrid (San Diego, United States)

24 of July: Philadelphia Union vs Real Madrid (Philadelphia, United States)

24 of July: Return to Madrid

27 of July: Hertha Berlin vs Real Madrid (Berlin, Germany)

30 of July: Leicester vs Real Madrid (Leicester, England)

30 of July: Travel to China

3 of August: Guangzhou Evergrande vs Real Madrid (Guangzhou, China)

6 of August: Tianjin Teda vs Real Madrid (Tianjin, China)

6 of August: Return to Madrid