Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

Portugal recall Ronaldo for Norway qualifier

eal Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo will return to the Portuguese national squad in time for the Euro 2012 qualifier against Norway, it was announced on Monday.

Ronaldo was absent due to injury from recent friendly matches but is now fully fit and part of Paulo Bento’s 23-man squad for the June 4 fixture.

At the halfway stage in qualifying unbeaten Norway lead Group H on 10 points, with Portugal second on seven after four games.

When dining with their boyfriend’s parents, many women would be concerned with their manners in front of potential in-laws.

Irina Shayk clearly feels at home with her footballer beau Cristiano Ronaldo’s family, as the pair got down to some serious kissing at the table during lunch in his hometown, Funchal, Madeira.

But while the gorgeous Russian model was wrapped up in her boyfriend’s embrace, laying her head back and closing her eyes, Cristiano appeared a little distracted.

article-0-0C42E44800000578-960_634x391.jpg

Passionate: Cristiano Ronaldo and girlfriend Irina Shayk kiss during a lunch with his family in Madeira

The Real Madrid player looked over Irina’s head as the pair embraced, before pulling his head away.

Irina did not appear happy with the snub, playfully pouting and trying to pull Cristiano’s face back towards her.

Their comical interaction was witnessed by the footballer’s family and Cristiano’s little boy Cristiano Jr, who they have been spending time with in the Ronaldo’s home town on the Portuguese island.article-0-0C42E42100000578-864_634x424.jpg

Give me more! Irina pouts comically as her footballer beau pulls his face away from her embrace

The good-looking duo are enjoying their down time, with Irina going casual and make-up free.

As an in-demand model, she spends most of her time coiffed and preened to perfection, but Irina was happy to step out in a simple white vest and jeans, with tousled, natural hair and not a scrap of make-up on her beautiful face.

Cristiano, 26, was typically decked out in designer gear in a Gucci cap.

article-0-0C42E12600000578-180_634x367.jpg

Family time: The couple have been spending time with his son Junior and family on the Portuguese island

The day before, Cristiano was pictured for the first time with his baby son.

And, in the first shots of 10-month-old Cristiano in many months, the resemblance between the father and son is uncanny.

With a head of downy black hair and olive skin, little Cristiano looked adorable as he was carried by his proud father.

article-0-0C3C9B8800000578-159_634x440.jpg

Like father, like son: Cristiano Ronaldo has been pictured for the first time out with his son Cristiano Ronaldo Jr

Cute: The 10-month-old baby was the spitting image of his football superstar father, in his Burberry shirt and matching denim baseball cap, which he wore backwards

The baby also appeared to have taken after his father in terms of his love of designer fashion, as he was wearing a Burberry checked shirt, denim jacket and matching Burberry baseball cap – which he wore backwards to make it more trendy.

And it seems Irina has adapted well to the family style of life, as she was seen cuddling up to her boyfriend’s super-cute son in the back of the car.

Irina has remained loyal to Ronaldo despite the revelation last year that he had become a father. The baby was allegedly born to a 20-year-old British student following a fling with the star after they met in a London club.

article-0-0C3C9B7000000578-276_634x680.jpg

Chic: Ronaldo’s girlfriend Irina Shayk joined the football on the day out in Portugal, and looked stylish in a pair of tight grey trousers teamed with a black vest top and white blazer jacket

article-0-0C3C9CC400000578-461_634x421.jpg

My turn for a cuddle: Irina keeps a tight grip of Cristiano as they head home, with Ronaldo keeping a protective eye over the pair

The Portuguese star stunned the world when he announced out of the blue last July that he had become a father.

The winger said from the start that the child would be under his ‘exclusive guardianship’. But his mother Dolores is helping to raise the child.

After announcing the birth on Facebook, Ronaldo wrote: ‘It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become father to a baby boy.

article-0-0C3AD8C700000578-909_634x883.jpg

Taking in the scenery: The pair enjoyed the sights and sounds in Ronaldo’s home country

‘As agreed with the baby’s mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my son will be under my exclusive guardianship.’

And while Ronaldo’s mother Dolores is essentially raising the baby between Madrid and Portugal due to the football star’s career commitments, Ronaldo spoke recently about how his life had been affected by becoming a father.article-0-0C3AD98700000578-246_306x634.jpgarticle-0-0C3AD85B00000578-490_306x634.jpg

What a good looking pair! The Russian model has remained loyal to Ronaldo despite him becoming a father

He said recently: ‘Of course something like this affects you. It’s a different type of responsibility.

‘Maybe I feel more comfortable. I’m comfortable when things are going well: my family, the club, my friends, that gives me important support for everything else.

‘Of course I change the nappies. It’s not the thing I like best in the world, but I do it.’

source: dailymail.co.uk

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson would love to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo, says Marcello Lippi

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson would welcome the return of Cristiano Ronaldo to Old Trafford.

According to former Italy and Juventus coach Marcello Lippi, who is a close friend of the Scot, Ferguson harbours hopes that one day the Portugal international will play for United again.

Ronaldo was sold to Real Madrid for £80 million in the summer of 2009, but Lippi is quoted in The Sun as saying: “Sir Alex told me he would take Ronaldo back tomorrow.

“We both think he is an extraordinary striker who can start on either wing, or as the sole striker and perform brilliantly.

“But the truly remarkable thing about Cristiano is that he always scores.”

Ronaldo has enjoyed a sensational season at Real, becoming the all-time La Liga record holder with 40 goals, hitting 51 in all competitions.

However, his relationship with Real coach Jose Mourinho has reportedly become strained and he regularly refers to Ferguson as a father figure.

United are preparing to face Barcelona in the Champions League final on Saturday night at Wembley, and several Barca players have told the media that Ferguson’s men are a better team without Ronaldo.

“Their team isn’t as direct as before; they like to have the ball,” Barca midfielder Xavi said. “I don’t know if that’s because of Cristiano Ronaldo or not, but they move around as a unit now.”

Striker David Villa added: “Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure has liberated them. Many great players come and go and that has allowed them to remain at the top for so long.”

Meanwhile, wing-back Davi Alves reckoned United’s threat is harder to nullify in the absence of the Portuguese.

“This Manchester United team is much more unpredictable without Cristiano Ronaldo,” he said. “They have formed a more balanced group and they are stronger than they were two years ago.”

Andres Iniesta also believes United have improved and “grown as a team”.

“They are dominating in England and now they are fighting for the Champions League,” the midfielder said. “Cristiano Ronaldo has left, but apart from that I don’t think they have made big changes and they are always competitive.”

source: telegraph.co.uk