Bellazon

Kimora Lee
Thumbnail

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thu, 03 December 2009

Kimora Lee Simmons: I Make A Great German Chocolate Cake

Kimora Lee Simmons and her new hubby, Djimon Hounsou, deck the halls at their New Jersey home.

The 34-year-old fashionista spoke to Page Six magazine about marriage, the importance of family and how they plan to celebrate Christmas.

On their new marriage: “It happened in Africa, in Benin. [Daughters Ming, 9, and Aoki, 7] were there, and we had a wonderful time. It was very calm, family-motivated and spiritual. Djimon and I enjoy discussing anything from politics to wine, and we have enriching, private, happy, balanced lives together. That’s probably the thing that would shock people most: We do things like go to the grocery store and have fun with our kids. We’re a normal family, doing the best we can.”

On family: “My family is the most important thing to me. I’ve never missed any type of performance—not one recital, not one karate belt. If there’s a toe being tapped or a tune being whistled, I am there. We do everything together. I know we live a little bit of a different life, with all the running around and the TV show, so I want to make sure we’re even more grounded.”

On her favorite Christmas treats: “I bake. I make a great German chocolate cake. Anyone who knows me will tell you I’m a great baker, the best. When I bake something, I swear to god, it’s gone before it hits the plate.”

For more from Kimora, including a behind-the-scenes video, check out PageSixMag.com or pick up Page Six magazine inside the New York Post tomorrow (December 3)!

post-19430-1259856343_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...